any other excuses?

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
jeremy lin,

game 1:nets: oh he got lucky, beginners luck.
game 2 :jazz: no way he keeps it up, nets and jazz? arent they good defensive teams
game 3 :wizards: wizards? LOL they suck hes definitely not going to do this against the lakers NO WAY

Lakers game

38 points 7 assists 13/23 shooting

lets predict some future responses to this game:

"the lakers SUCK THIS YEAR"
"bro like they were tired and had just played and overtime game vs the celtics"
"lets see this kid do this agaist the heat okc blah blah"

so every game there will be another statement as to why this kid isnt for real:boohoo:

as for the bright side...CP3 who?:gony:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
jeremy lin,

game 2 :jazz: no way he keeps it up, nets and jazz? arent they good defensive teams
game 3 :wizards: wizards? LOL they suck hes definitely not going to do this against the lakers NO WAY

Lakers game

so every game there will be another statement as to why this kid isnt for real:boohoo:

I'm already hearing excuses for this game I heard he only got those numbers cause Fishers too old

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
jeremy lin,

Lakers game

Hey knickerbocka you know what all those stats lead to for Lin? They lead to becoming the Knicks starting pg for years to come.:peace:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Make it...... The Fabulous 5

jenni-jeffries-and-jared-jeffries_3357208.jpg

P.S. I'd tap that

Number3

Benchwarmer
Like him or not..you got to give to jeffries he may not be good offensively but has heart of a lion.... his defense n offensive rebounds prevent other teams to score on us..and indirectly leads us to points on the board ...webetter keep him

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Like him or not..you got to give to jeffries he may not be good offensively but has heart of a lion.... his defense n offensive rebounds prevent other teams to score on us..and indirectly leads us to points on the board ...webetter keep him

is it me or did he get extremely better on the offensive end..

Sage

Rotation player
is it me or did he get extremely better on the offensive end..

He (Jeffries) makes layups sometimes now, so that's something. He just needs to learn to keep his upper body under control when he's going for these off balance layins he does, he'd be a solid contributer then.

As for Lin, my facebook goes crazy with people making excuses, but he's been playing against decent point guards. They're not exactly scrubs.

Make it...... The Fabulous 5

jenni-jeffries-and-jared-jeffries_3357208.jpg

P.S. I'd tap that

How can people boo Jeffries? He's such a class act, I'd actually like to hang out with this guy, I bet he's as good a homeboy as it gets!

And the Fabolous 5, actually Fabolous 7 are:

Lin
Fields
Walker
Jeffries
Chandler

Shumpert
Novak

:thumbsup:

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
jeffries doesnt look scared of the ball anymore. i used to cringe any time the man with the ball looked at him. now i want to see him attack. his jump shooting has been bad but he hasnt been chucking so for now i'll let it slide, maybe he turns that into our 3432892nd weapon. obviously the heart and hustle are there too.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;204916 said:
As well as

Ring in for NBA Most Improved Player!

Most Linproved!

I like that.

I do have an excuse for the Lakers game though -- 38 minutes. That's 38 for Lin and 39 for Chandler. That's not a knock on Lin, but a knock on the team. The Knicks roster is depleted and Lin's been getting 35 minutes a game for the past week now. If it wasn't against the Lakers, it could be against the 'Wolves or the Raptors. D'Antoni is riding everyone "like Secretariat" and we don't have a hands-down-OK 2nd option past Lin and Chandler. If Lin had a 20/10 game, we could have just as easily lost to the Lakers by 7.

I'm not saying Lin isn't great. I said it after the Wizards game that Lin showed that he is Chandler's PG, Jeffries' PG, Fields' PG, Shumpert's PG... With a dedicated point-man, the Knicks are easily one of the most dangerous in the Conference. But it is still too early to tell if Lin is perennial All-Star material yet. I'll say he deserves a look, but until everyone in the league's had their rematch with Lin, I'm still on the fence.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
All Lin needs to do to be successful is just keep the ball moving, a big plus is his defense. His best skill is that he talks on defense and guides on offense. He will continue to to be a good player because he has the quickness, the smarts, and the confidence to have a great career. This has nothing to do with luck, and he has the fans excited to watch the Knicks again.

Lin must be signed for a good contract, because he is starting to look to be better than Nash (I say this only because Lin looks better on defense). If Jerome Jordan can find his game and also become a story, the Knicks will be considered a contender.