Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Knicks Will Win The Nba Championship

Veteran

I love watching this team play right now.

But let's be honest we can't hold a handle to the Bulls or the Heat the way they've been playing. The way this team is constructed right now, with Lin-Fields-Walker-Jeffries-Chandler as the starting 5, would be a first round exist every single year.

Star power isn't always easy to work with. Sometimes it takes time to adjust, because superstars don't always play together.

But star power wins in this league. Take the 76ers for example. They're a fun team to watch. They're playing great. They look like they could maybe win a round of the playoffs.

But we all know that they aren't winning a title anytime soon.

nothing huge but stats fighting for position to get a (offensive) rebound around 1:45. if he puts effort into areas other than scoring he'll be back to elite in no time and we'll hear best pf arguements. not that they need it the way lins fired them up but the guys making a mil seeing someone making 20 playing like that are gonna put more heart into it for sure. who knows, maybe he'll even pick up a block or two instead of moving out of the way.

Idk why but after Amares lost of his brotherrl...i believe he's not takin things for granted...hes coming back stronger than ever

Can anyone tell me when Harrelson & Bdiddy are expected to play

Originally Posted by Number3
    Can anyone tell me when Harrelson & Bdiddy are expected to play
    Harrelson should be back in like two weeks, Melo at earliest Friday, and BDiddy will be back on the court about a year after Fran Vazques signs with the Magic.

KnicksonLIN.com

The Knicks need a coaching change, before they can even think about winning a championship.

Antoni couldn't do it with Nash, Marion, and STAT. What makes you think he will do it with Lin, Melo, and STAT?

If we're talking end of the world, surely no greater sign would be a

Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers championship haul.

Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    If we're talking end of the world, surely no greater sign would be a

Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers championship haul.
    your sig is awesome, and you get a rep point for being the only other met fan that doesnt think its impossible for this team to at least be good.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Because I love the current rotation?

Yeah, going 3 for 3 and playing great basketball is so wrong....why does everyone think you gotta admire Melo and Stoudemire as a Knick fan??

They ****ing suck and the current rotation is great, never change a winning team is one of the oldest principles in sports!!!

No chance Lin will stay the featured player once they return, they'll take their jump shots (especially Melo) and ruin our chemistry.

Give me one PROVEN point why it'll not be like that?

All I know is the numbers are on my side in the past 3 games without them.

Now I get hated on this board because I love our current (winning) rotation???

Very weak man, very weak! You gotta get that weak stuff outta here......

My rotation ****s on your rotation, with fraud Melo and fraud Stoudemire startin, any day!
    If Melo and Stat want to return in to this team they should be made to earn it. The good work players like Jeffries, Novak, Walker etc have done shouldn't be overlooked in place of star power or it's a slap in the face to those that left it all out on the court.

I'm with you 100% Why should Melo and Stat just walk straight back in? Because they haven't played up to their ability? Because they haven't given anything like 100% because they've destroyed any chance of chemistry or building a balanced team with a bench and only the fact we got LUCKY with Lin has saved our asses?

Stat has turned into Bosh with his weak ass play, always wanting to take jumpers and while Melo has indicated a willingness to change, is that really what you want? To be paying an experienced star to completely change his game?

That's without even taking into account stats injuries.

I'm not writing either off because of the ability they have but if they want back into this team they have to buy into the ethos and play TEAM DEFENSE. Without that I don't care how deadly Melo and Stat are, I don't want them in a Knicks uniform because they arn't earning it the way the others are.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    To win a championship, you need a total of 16 wins against 4 teams. Can this current rotation pull off beating the same 4 teams, a total of 16 times? Hell no.

Is that a possibility with STAT, Melo, an orchestrating, heady, smart, gutsy PG, and a supporting cast of defenders, shooters, and glue guys? Why not?
    That's true but what about the Bulls? Do you not think they have improved drastically this year and even continued to play great team ball without Rose?

I'd rather follow their model than the Heat's.

Get me a Luol Deng for Melo if Melo doesn't start playing D.

Get me a Josh Smith over an Amar'e.

Realistically we can't get Deng, but I believe we could get Smith and he'd put more out there than Amar'e.

Could we get Batum from Portland? This kid really impresses me overall and is brilliant on D.

You can keep your Amar'e and Melo line up.

Give me

Lin/ good back up
    Fields/Shump/Walker
    Batum/JJ/Novak
    Jsmoove/JJ/Harrellson
    Chandler/good back up.

TEAMS WIN TITLES. Look at Dallas!

Dirk is better than Bosh but other than that do the Mavs have anything better than Wade and LeBron? No.

They had a team, a belief, passion and a commitment to play as a team offensively and defensively. They had a chemistry.

IF Amar'e and Melo want to buy in this year then great, if not, draft picks and underrated defensive players are your friend!

In an unreal trade I'd die happy if we could somehow get Batum and LMA with Melo and Amar'e being involved but that's clearly never going to happen.

That's true but what about the Bulls? Do you not think they have improved drastically this year and even continued to play great team ball without Rose?

I'd rather follow their model than the Heat's.

Get me a Luol Deng for Melo if Melo doesn't start playing D.

Get me a Josh Smith over an Amar'e.

Realistically we can't get Deng, but I believe we could get Smith and he'd put more out there than Amar'e.

Could we get Batum from Portland? This kid really impresses me overall and is brilliant on D.

You can keep your Amar'e and Melo line up.

Give me

Lin/ good back up
    Fields/Shump/Walker
    Batum/JJ/Novak
    Jsmoove/JJ/Harrellson
    Chandler/good back up.

TEAMS WIN TITLES. Look at Dallas!

Dirk is better than Bosh but other than that do the Mavs have anything better than Wade and LeBron? No.

They had a team, a belief, passion and a commitment to play as a team offensively and defensively. They had a chemistry.

IF Amar'e and Melo want to buy in this year then great, if not, draft picks and underrated defensive players are your friend!

In an unreal trade I'd die happy if we could somehow get Batum and LMA with Melo and Amar'e being involved but that's clearly never going to happen.
    I get where you're coming from but that lineup doesn't cut it. Nowhere near enough scoring there. No one you can go to when you straight up need a basket.

Dallas had Kidd, the Jet, Marion, Dirk who can all put up 20 a game easily. They had SOLID 7 foot backups. They had Barea who was like their Jeremy Lin last year. Dallas was a stars aligning type Championship everything came together at the right time and everyone went their own way after.

As much as you guys might not like it there's no way Melo and Stat are gonna come back and "earn" their minutes. They are the stars of the team and they will come straight back to 30mpg as soon as they're ready.

Now there is a newfound belief and confidence in the team I believe they will slot in a lot nicer than before.

Originally Posted by smokes
    I get where you're coming from but that lineup doesn't cut it. Nowhere near enough scoring there. No one you can go to when you straight up need a basket.

Dallas had Kidd, the Jet, Marion, Dirk who can all put up 20 a game easily. They had SOLID 7 foot backups. They had Barea who was like their Jeremy Lin last year. Dallas was a stars aligning type Championship everything came together at the right time and everyone went their own way after.

As much as you guys might not like it there's no way Melo and Stat are gonna come back and "earn" their minutes. They are the stars of the team and they will come straight back to 30mpg as soon as they're ready.

Now there is a newfound belief and confidence in the team I believe they will slot in a lot nicer than before.
    I'm not giving up on Stat and Melo, I'm just saying they need to put up or shut up.

You say there isn't enough scoring but I believe that's more down to the teams and the systems they play in.

Smith is an animal and easily capable of putting up more than his current 16 ppg with a better PG and less people hogging the ball.

Batum is about to break out and I can see him easily putting up around 18-20 ppg.

Shump is putting up 10 a game and that's going to increase and already has if you take the games where there has been no Melo or Amar'e.

Landry is putting up 10 and again he's only played a full year and he's getting more of the ball with Lin around and Tyson Chandler is putting up 12 with he and Lin getting an unreal partnership.

Amar'e to me is massively overrated and the same goes for Melo but Melo showed against Boston how important he can be when he wants to know.

Forget Amar'e we can replace what he gives if he doesn't want to know much easier but Melo, if Melo started playing good D you're talking about an untouchable scorer who can win a game on his own.

My point is while winning is great, sometimes how you get there is as important if not more so.

Give me a team of Lins with his humility, his heart and his attitude over superstars who followed the dollar under the guise of NY love.

I'm not giving up on Stat and Melo, I'm just saying they need to put up or shut up.

You say there isn't enough scoring but I believe that's more down to the teams and the systems they play in.

Smith is an animal and easily capable of putting up more than his current 16 ppg with a better PG and less people hogging the ball.

Batum is about to break out and I can see him easily putting up around 18-20 ppg.

Shump is putting up 10 a game and that's going to increase and already has if you take the games where there has been no Melo or Amar'e.

Landry is putting up 10 and again he's only played a full year and he's getting more of the ball with Lin around and Tyson Chandler is putting up 12 with he and Lin getting an unreal partnership.

Amar'e to me is massively overrated and the same goes for Melo but Melo showed against Boston how important he can be when he wants to know.

Forget Amar'e we can replace what he gives if he doesn't want to know much easier but Melo, if Melo started playing good D you're talking about an untouchable scorer who can win a game on his own.

My point is while winning is great, sometimes how you get there is as important if not more so.

Give me a team of Lins with his humility, his heart and his attitude over superstars who followed the dollar under the guise of NY love.
    Yeah but my point is you can't rely on any of those players being clutch. Lin has been recently but he's unproven in that department. You cannot count on Fields or Shumpert putting up 20 a game nor can you ever count on them hitting big clutch shots which was completely unexpected. Batum and Smoove are the same neither of them are clutch players they might play hard and be very good 2 way players but the bottom line is you need certain players in a championship team and the most important is to have someone that when the **** hits the fan and you cannot buy a bucket you have your guy who will take a contested turnaround fadeaway and sink it.

Melo and Stat are both clutch. They might have had a shocking start to the season by all standards but we will see how things progress over the next month, I'm predicting a huge turnaround for those guys.

Lets make this real SIMPLE:

Let us wait and see a complete line up with STAT and Melo with addition of Lin. Melo will have to play great, are you guys kidding? If the knicks go from winning without Melo to losing with him the NY media will call for his head.

Melo is not stupid and still a top 10 player in the league. He sees the difference in the team and the chemistry being formed. Do you really think he'll come in and try to ruin it. It may be hard for you guys to believe but at the end of the day he does want to win. (I am a cuse fan as well)

Now more than ever the knicks are under the microscope of the league with the emergence of sir Lin so Melo know all eys are on this team. You heard it hear first Melo will be a completley different player upon his return, in a good way.

Your wrong you can't win without atleast one superstar and some other star level players it's just not happening. You can have regular season success like Philly and Denver is having but none of those teams are gonna make it to the conference finals.

Yea Melo and STAT have to come back and play within the system offensively and bring it defensively but if you or anybody really thinks this team has a chance without them you need to re-evaluate all your basketball knowledge.
    Don't just live in the now because this team would get killed in a playoff series by Chi, MIA, and Boston without Melo and Amare even with Batum or JR.