Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 100

Thread: The Knicks Will Win The Nba Championship

  1. #76
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    If we stay healthy, and no bull**** happens with injuries....yes. By the time playoffs start, I'd expect us to match up pretty evenly against the NBA's upper crust, and be in every series.

    With D'antoni at the helm, I'd expect a top3 offense at the minimum, and I think our already respectable D will only continue to improve.

    You're being a little ridiculous, though, with the "anybody else in? no more excuses, right?", if your're inferring we are somehow *favorites* to win the title, or it's some manifest destiny.

    Just because we can win, or that we "should" win (ie, we are the odds on favorite...which we won't be, but whatever), your likelihood of actually winning is still *never* far above 50%, even if you are the best team in the NBA.

    ie, even if we were clearly the best team in the NBA going into the playoffs, not winning a title wouldn't reflect true failure, or missing out on expectations.

    If we looked like **** and got trounced, it's a different story; but that's a more qualitative discussion. Our playoff series vs the Celtics last yr is actually a really good model of the contrast between qualitative and quantitative judgements of success and fail, and team performance.
    I just watched everyone, including experts say the NY Giants would not win anything @ 7-7... and we did.

    I will continue to believe we can until we don't, if we don't. Until then I believe.

    Any excuses parsed were addressed. We need:

    A coach- check
    A closer- check
    A big- check
    A bench- check
    Some cheap rookies/role players- check
    A PG- check
    Time- check
    Better GM- check x2
    Stars- check
    Better defense- check
    Defensive assistant- check
    Luck- check

    Gaterade, Knick dancers, renovated building, world-wide spot light, belief! Check!

    What the f*ck more do we need without looking like spoiled
    Overzealous losers? Jesus? Yeah that's it, after all that we need Jesus to lace'em up right? Lol

    ****on another note... did I read correctly that you haven't watched any games not on ESPN? If so, oh' boy...

  2. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    every year theres like 5 teams good enough to win it all, at least. the 80% of those teams don't need excuses, they just didnt do it.

  3. #78
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    who gives a **** about soccer? why is it all over a CHIP THREAD FOR THE KNICKS??? GTFO WITH THAT WEAK FLOPPING SPORT BULLSHIZZ!

    (fyi: I like soccer and play quite a bit, but this is not the time or place)

    KNICKS FOR THE LIN

    Championship qualities on this team:
    As red said:
    Coach, scorers, bench, depth, defense, vets, size, variability, home crowd, hunger
    Add in: Hustle, star power, rebounding, ball movement, chemistry, versatility, Spike Lee, Best fans in the world, coming from a 8-15 start and knowing adversity, HEART, selflessness, strength, dunks, shooting, blocks, steals, a solid system and a ****ing giraffe.

  4. #79
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder
    who gives a **** about soccer? why is it all over a CHIP THREAD FOR THE KNICKS??? GTFO WITH THAT WEAK FLOPPING SPORT BULLSHIZZ!

    (fyi: I like soccer and play quite a bit, but this is not the time or place)

    KNICKS FOR THE LIN

    Championship qualities on this team:
    As red said:
    Coach, scorers, bench, depth, defense, vets, size, variability, home crowd, hunger
    Add in: Hustle, star power, rebounding, ball movement, chemistry, versatility, Spike Lee, Best fans in the world, coming from a 8-15 start and knowing adversity, HEART, selflessness, strength, dunks, shooting, blocks, steals, a solid system and a ****ing giraffe.
    Lol. I forgot about the Giraffe.

    Seriously what excuse can be made now? Every single one has been addressed.

    Knicks for the Lin.

  5. #80
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Lol. I forgot about the Giraffe.

    Seriously what excuse can be made now? Every single one has been addressed.

    Knicks for the Lin.

    Agree with you!

    Though we should keep two factors in mind before we break out in unconditional euphoria

    1) Give them time, there have been so many roster changes in the last couple of weeks and no real training camp and basically no preseason. The season might be too short to get everything and everyone 100% synchronized this year......but we might grab first seed next season and go to the Finals if everyone stays healthy and sticks around.

    2) The LIn situation is too good to be true, I really don't want to be sceptical, but it's still very early in Jeremy's career. Right now his numbers and performances are unreal and while the talent is certainly there and I see no reason why he should turn into a bust all of a sudden....we still have to wait and see how his situation turns out when the first hype is over and everyday business kicks in for him and our opponents.
    To quote Jeremy: "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst".

    I really think we have a good team right now and we can make a good run in the not too distant future.

    It's just a bit early to celebrate now, but the potential is there! (I think though that 90% of our success depends on Lin) Without him we were really bad, with him running the show (and the others of course) we look like a legit contender now.

    I tell you something, I'll be the first one teared up when we win a championship, it might not happen this year though. I don't know at this point, but I have faith in this team.

  6. #81
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Agree with you!

    Though we should keep two factors in mind before we break out in unconditional euphoria

    1) Give them time, there have been so many roster changes in the last couple of weeks and no real training camp and basically no preseason. The season might be too short to get everything and everyone 100% synchronized this year......but we might grab first seed next season and go to the Finals if everyone stays healthy and sticks around.

    2) The LIn situation is too good to be true, I really don't want to be sceptical, but it's still very early in Jeremy's career. Right now his numbers and performances are unreal and while the talent is certainly there and I see no reason why he should turn into a bust all of a sudden....we still have to wait and see how his situation turns out when the first hype is over and everyday business kicks in for him and our opponents.
    To quote Jeremy: "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst".

    I really think we have a good team right now and we can make a good run in the not too distant future.

    It's just a bit early to celebrate now, but the potential is there! (I think though that 90% of our success depends on Lin) Without him we were really bad, with him running the show (and the others of course) we look like a legit contender now.

    I tell you something, I'll be the first one teared up when we win a championship, it might not happen this year though. I don't know at this point, but I have faith in this team.
    you have faith in no one bro im sorry. for the past month you **** talked this team so much that i needed a break from this site at one point. now that they're winning you decide to change your mind? you were quiggle for a good amount of time on this site

  7. #82
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The Knicks losing to the bottom feeders of the NBA proves that this team is far from being eligible for a championship.

  8. #83
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    The Knicks losing to the bottom feeders of the NBA proves that this team is far from being eligible for a championship.
    As a Laker fan trust me it doesn't during the Lakers last two ring we regularly overlooked bad teams like the Bobcats, the Bucks, the Clippers at the time, and Philly at the time and would lose. This is what is called a trap game where you overlook you opponent but it's not a sign of lack of a championship caliber team.

  9. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    The Knicks losing to the bottom feeders of the NBA proves that this team is far from being eligible for a championship.
    the giants lost to the ****ing redskins twice, and seattle ON THE EAST COAST. im probably missing one or two other really bad losses.

  10. #85
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    As a Laker fan trust me it doesn't during the Lakers last two ring we regularly overlooked bad teams like the Bobcats, the Bucks, the Clippers at the time, and Philly at the time and would lose. This is what is called a trap game where you overlook you opponent but it's not a sign of lack of a championship caliber team.
    It happens way too much to the Knicks. They give enough terrible teams confidence.

  11. #86
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Thumbs down

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    The Knicks losing to the bottom feeders of the NBA proves that this team is far from being eligible for a championship.
    Sun, Jan 22 L91-82
    Heat
    vs
    Milwaukee

    Bucks hold Heat to 37 percent shooting for second straight road win
    Wed, Feb 1 L105-97
    Heat
    @
    Milwaukee

    Brandon Jennings, Bucks rally to stun Heat
    Huh...?


  12. #87
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    the giants lost to the ****ing redskins twice, and seattle ON THE EAST COAST. im probably missing one or two other really bad losses.
    The NFL is more of a crapshoot than the NBA. In football all it takes is a team to have a good run to win a superbowl. In basketball if a team has trouble beating terrible teams in the regular season they most likely won't make the playoffs or they'll get exposed in the playoffs. That's why it's so rare for a team to do what the '99 Knicks did when they went on that magical run to the NBA Finals.

  13. #88
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Huh...?

    Compare the number of times that the Knicks lost this season to below .500 teams and the number of times that teams like Miami, Chicago and OKC lost to below .500 teams.

  14. #89
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    People around here panic too early after every loss. I understand that we SHOULD have won against that team but every good team loses once in a while, even to the ****tiest teams.

    The Thunder lost to the Kings recently, whom the Knicks crushed in our last game. And as Red shows above, the Heat lost to Milwaukee twice!

    We actually played pretty decent ball except for that 13-point 1st quarter. But overall it was a close game and the Knicks were in striking distance to win the game. Shots were just not falling.

  15. #90
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    This is a new more complete Knicks team even though Melo wasn't playing tonight those other losses to the cavs and cats don't mean much besides in the standings. I'm sure the Knicks just over looked New Orleans plus Lin and the rest of the role players were bound to have a bad game.

    I wouldn't put to much emphasis in this loss now if the team is completely healthy and stuff like this keeps happening then I'd be alarmed.

Similar Threads

  1. These Knicks May not be together Much Longer
    By Oakman88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2011, 09:03
  2. I feel bad for Marbury, having to carry the Celtics
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2010, 17:15
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2009, 20:23
  4. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  5. Sacramento Kings vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/2/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2008, 15:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •