Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Everyone saying Melo will mess up the flow of the offense

Default To Everyone saying Melo will mess up the flow of the offense

Shut up. Bill Walker hs been taking just as many shots Melo does these last 3 games and its not costing us anything! lol and Mike probably is doing that on purpose so Lin gets ajusted to Melo without him being there.

Don't believe the Jon Barry, Frank Isola, Berman, Barkley, media bull. They're just haters.

he's been playing more team-ball since that really bad shooting stretch. its not like he's only gonna catch and shoot , he'll have his isos and he'll play off the ball, getting great looks at open jumpers and blowing by people trying to close out on him. i could honestly see him scoring 25+ ppg in this offense with everyones efficiency improving.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Shut up. Bill Walker hs been taking just as many shots Melo does these last 3 games and its not costing us anything! lol and Mike probably is doing that on purpose so Lin gets ajusted to Melo without him being there.

Don't believe the Jon Barry, Frank Isola, Berman, Barkley, media bull. They're just haters.
    whats interesting is even though Walker missed a bunch of shots he was +15 when he was in.....

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

In fairness to Melo, up until the last 5 or 6 games, the flow of the offense has been ****ed up, and that's got little to do with Melo. All of the key players were ineffective. The legit criticism is Melo didn't make the team better. I think he will though. Anytime a player opening reevaluates his own game, that's a good sign. Even though the team's struggles are not entirely his fault.

Lurker

Thank you! Exactly! I'm sick of hearing all this melo talk. Go look at the box score how many guys are putting up shots. He will be fine. Does everyone really think Melo is going to go out of his way to ruin everything that is going on now? Where's he going to go in his career if he ends up failing here? Lots of things are on the line. I think he gets it together and when were in the playoffs were going to need a guy like Melo when were playing the same team game after game. So enough of these insane trade ideas. He's here to stay and we need him.

Nyk Logo Start slow ~ finish season strong.

Offensively, all considered with the Linsanity, these 2 need a tight leash on their offensive games before we can move forward with any real sense of clarity about who fits where.

I think the most concerning issue is both Carmelo and Amar'e's defense.

Stoudemire in particular.

The front-court tandem of Jefferies and Chandler has been outstanding and has proliferated not only our defensive numbers, but our offense with second chance opportunities, as well.

STAT has had some good rebounding games this year, some abysmal rebounding games too - VS Orlando for instance with 2 - but the defensive awareness, the dedication to team and individual defense; absolutely disastrous. For the sake of the team, it's time this guy got scolded by the media and fans of New York. Can you imagine the feeding frenzy of an "Is Jared Jefferies a better fit at PF for Knicks than Stoudemire" wave of controversy? We can't afford the disruption now that the team is hot, nor can we afford to leave Chandler basically on his own in the paint as he has been FAR TOO OFTEN THIS SEASON.

Melo, to a degree, has played some good D and has proven that he can facilitate for others. It's his motivation and maturity that seem to be the issue, though both seem to have lifted lately. Defensively, stop whining about prior offensive plays in which you thought you were fouled.

Carmelo's offensive issues, as I foresee them after watching him play, are the following:

Playing off the ball - Anthony is a sloth off the ball, lazy and disinterested. With a facilitator on board in Lin, Melo needs to get his big frame in position to catch and attack as opposed to catch, isolate and create for himself. That's not in accordance with spacing or teamwork, and we've all seen the effects of it.

Enforcing his strength on the block - hasn't been enough of this this year. He's reputed for his strengths on the block [hence the nickname - "Beast On The Block", and he needs to utilize this part of his game.

This needs to be incorporated in to the offense as well by Mike.

Stop ****ing chucking.

When you're off, you're off.

In Stoudemire's case, he needs to either catch and shoot from within 22 feet or catch and finish near the basket. PLEASE stop trying to create for yourself. It's a ****ing travesty 75% of the time.

Get acquainted with your team first and branch out from there. That goes for Melo, too.

Superstar

Yeah I don't think it will either. I never thought the teams offense was dead because of Melo, it was so obvious it was dead because we didn't have a point guard who would just drive to the basket, or pass the ball well.. The to most fundamental elements of a point guard, and being able to run an offense.. ESPECIALLY because Mike D'antoni is the coach... I have no idea why Mike wasn't begging grunwald to trade for a point guard or something... Because his system just does not work without one at all..

With Melo, if he is healthy our offense will be just that much better, and Amar'e as well, because he won't blow all those layups that jefferies did, though I do admit overall jefferies has been playing very well, and he should come off the bench at center once Jorts is back.. And Melo won't miss as many shots, or take as many stupid unadvised ones that he has no chance of making like Bill Walker

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain

Laughing my ass off!

melo and stat will without a doubt help the offense...stat obviously is a great p&r player and will thrive with Lin
    but for melo I look at last nites game against the lakers...they started to double Lin as the game went on and with melo you can't double Lin because melo will kill u
    the only thing I'm worried about with stat and melo is defense...now if they do tht the Knicks can go somewhere

KnicksonLIN.com

Jeremy Lin >>>>>>>>>Michael Jordan

in all Fairness we wont know whats going to happen UNTIL it actually happens.

I think Melo will let Lin run this offense, he's not a fool he's been to the games, he sees whats going on. The Media would be all over Melo's a$$ if he doesn't buy into Lin and the Fans would probably BOO the hell out of him.

before Linsanity you saw melo adjust his game and get stat the ball more with more passing. Im pretty sure he can do the same with Lin, Melo needs a pg just as much as Stat needs one

Worst case scenario: melo/Lin together suck, but if we get stuck on offense at some point. we can look to melo to come up with big shots for us

Best case scenario: everything will work out. Lin will have a crap load of assits passing to chandler,amare and melo, get to the basket whenever he pleases and everything will work smoothly.

Originally Posted by abcd
    Jeremy Lin >>>>>>>>>Michael Jordan
    Jeremy Lin >>>>>>>>>>>> 1990s Bulls

2:40
    melo will have no problem playing team ball. old melo gets a semi at the thought of beating a double all by himself. new melo recognizes he has the worst chance of anyone on the floor of putting points on the board and gives it to someone that will. and i know its not the end of the game but its the end of the quarter....melo loves trying to score on the last possession.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Offensively, all considered with the Linsanity, these 2 need a tight leash on their offensive games before we can move forward with any real sense of clarity about who fits where.

I think the most concerning issue is both Carmelo and Amar'e's defense.

Stoudemire in particular.

The front-court tandem of Jefferies and Chandler has been outstanding and has proliferated not only our defensive numbers, but our offense with second chance opportunities, as well.

STAT has had some good rebounding games this year, some abysmal rebounding games too - VS Orlando for instance with 2 - but the defensive awareness, the dedication to team and individual defense; absolutely disastrous. For the sake of the team, it's time this guy got scolded by the media and fans of New York. Can you imagine the feeding frenzy of an "Is Jared Jefferies a better fit at PF for Knicks than Stoudemire" wave of controversy? We can't afford the disruption now that the team is hot, nor can we afford to leave Chandler basically on his own in the paint as he has been FAR TOO OFTEN THIS SEASON.

Melo, to a degree, has played some good D and has proven that he can facilitate for others. It's his motivation and maturity that seem to be the issue, though both seem to have lifted lately. Defensively, stop whining about prior offensive plays in which you thought you were fouled.

Carmelo's offensive issues, as I foresee them after watching him play, are the following:

Playing off the ball - Anthony is a sloth off the ball, lazy and disinterested. With a facilitator on board in Lin, Melo needs to get his big frame in position to catch and attack as opposed to catch, isolate and create for himself. That's not in accordance with spacing or teamwork, and we've all seen the effects of it.

Enforcing his strength on the block - hasn't been enough of this this year. He's reputed for his strengths on the block [hence the nickname - "Beast On The Block", and he needs to utilize this part of his game.

This needs to be incorporated in to the offense as well by Mike.

Stop ****ing chucking.

When you're off, you're off.

In Stoudemire's case, he needs to either catch and shoot from within 22 feet or catch and finish near the basket. PLEASE stop trying to create for yourself. It's a ****ing travesty 75% of the time.

Get acquainted with your team first and branch out from there. That goes for Melo, too.
    One thing I will say in Anthony's defense is this year especially and somewhat last year too, there was no one who could get him the ball. Same goes for STAT after the Felton trade.

Billups is not a good pick n roll PG and regardless of MDA's love of the PNR we all know it is a solid fundamental play and a very good way to break down the defense.

Melo has already shown some flashes of being a good passer when needed he's set some great alley oops for Tyson or even just good passes to Tyson as he rolled to the basket. The last game the "big three" were together we saw that awesome move of Anthony to STAT to Tyson for the dunk.

I think with Melo getting the ball where he wants it from Lin he will have much more freedom to make the extra pass when needed, won't feel so much pressure to take on every shot himself and won't be concerned about getting so many touches.

I'm really excited to see what this team can do when reunited. I'm also glad it's going to be staggered with STAT coming in for a few games then Melo, a smoother adjustment than throwing them both in together.

Mainly he hasn't played to his strengths, his posting up between the block and 3pt line which is offensive purgatory, he needs to either be on the block or at the wing with about 8 seconds to work

Also as for his 3's they should be in rythym, kick outs or on the break, hopefully we see him working off of screens and still runnning the pick n roll with Tyson which is our one of our best weapons

People are saying Melo has been killing our O which he hasn't guys just weren't playing well so he had to step up.

I want the Lin hype to come down some because I dont want people having high expectations for this kid because he's doing well, I dont want him to have a bad stretch and then be alienated for not producing like he has every night.

Let's let our guys play ball and not get over anxious keep our expectations to a minimum and build on what we have going forward, losing STAT and Melo hopefully showed D'Antoni we have the depth to be a big time player in the playoffs