To Everyone saying Melo will mess up the flow of the offense

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said Jeremy Lin and Carmelo Anthony can coexist.

Both need the ball, and there has been speculation that Anthony, who is out with a strained right groin, will return to dominating the offense when he's back. But D'Antoni believes Lin, Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, who is in Florida for his brother's funeral, will make the Knicks a potent pick-and-roll team.

"It's like when we had Chauncey [Billups],'' D'Antoni said. "Chauncey had the ball in his hands a lot. Melo has it a lot. Melo is one of the best pick-and-roll guys; hopefully now we have two of the best. I only see it helping. I don't see it as a problem. There will be some adjustments on both people's parts.

"I see it as a big, big plus. I see it when Amar'e comes back, there's another pick-and-roll guy, maybe the best in the game. I see that as a big plus . . . I can't wait to get those guys back."

Stoudemire will rejoin the Knicks on Monday. Anthony will be re-evaluated Sunday. He could return next week.

Chandler disappointed Tyson Chandler said he was "a little disappointed" about not making the Eastern Conference All-Star team and feels a little underappreciated "at times like this." The coaches pick the reserves. Chandler was averaging 12.0 points and 9.9 rebounds and was shooting 69.7 percent from the field before Friday night's game against the Lakers, but the Knicks' record likely hurt him.

Said Chandler, "I knew they were going to have to take someone from the top teams."

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infom...a=newsday_5min&feed:c=knicks&feed:i=1.3521033

Paul1355

All Star
Shut up. Bill Walker hs been taking just as many shots Melo does these last 3 games and its not costing us anything! lol and Mike probably is doing that on purpose so Lin gets ajusted to Melo without him being there.

Don't believe the Jon Barry, Frank Isola, Berman, Barkley, media bull. They're just haters.

Melo will be fine, he has to play like Paul Peirce.

And when Lin comes out, then Melo will have his time to dominate with the ball.

Melo did play with Chauncey so it's not like he doesn't know what it is like to play with a PG!

Forrest17

Rotation player
Not his offense will kill us, but maybe his low intensity defense and lack of hustle on the defensive end.

Idk, he seems to have put much more effort in defense and rebounding this season then he ever has before imo. Hes still not great at it or anything, but he is better than bill walker...

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Melo wants to move the ball, before Lin he led the team in assist. There was just a couple of problems with that, he is not a point guard and the team was not scoring the ball. In the beginning of the season STAT needed more time to find his game and everyone was shooting bricks (cough Douglas). Not only was the team in a shooting slump they were turning over the ball constantly.

The team will play through Lin when Melo comes back, and Melo will strengthen the team cutting to the hoop, shooting, posting up, and drawing attention leaving others open. Lin will make Melo better and Melo will make Lin better. The team will play through each other and finally become a team we long wanted to root for.

:alert:All key points anyone who plays the game understands this. +1:alert:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Ok, no more excuses then.
The same goes for Stoudemire.

If we go 0.500 or less over the next 6-7 games, you know whose fault it is......

Whose?

And 6-7 games is a bit stiff. I'll be judging hardest throughout road games. Let them have at least 5 away before you nail anyone to the cross.

Number3

Benchwarmer
Melo will do even better... he was the one who kept telling D'antoni to put Lin in
...cant wait til we get everybody back... includin harrelson... and maybe Bdiddy down the road