Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 317181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks @ Minnesota Timberwolves 02.11 8:00PM

Originally Posted by skisloper
    The debate was Walker or Balkman.
    Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Coach's 8-man rotation is just crazy. Why doesn't he play Balkman? Well! The guys can get some rest. Next game on Tuesday.
    the debate was DNPing someone who can give others rest. walker was used as an example of the absolute worst someone can do and play for dantoni. IMO balkman's defense and rebounding are better than anything walker can bring to the table unless he catches fire. to say one deserves minutes and the other doesnt is retarded.

thanks for this though, now i know i need to keep all my points as simple as possible and spell it all out for you slow minded ****s

Veteran

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    the debate was DNPing someone who can give others rest. walker was used as an example of the absolute worst someone can do and play for dantoni. IMO balkman's defense and rebounding are better than anything walker can bring to the table unless he catches fire. to say one deserves minutes and the other doesnt is retarded.
    In your opinion Balkman should have been an active bench player for the past 5 years. I get it thats your opinion.
    My vote is with the Knicks coaching staff and there personal decision in this 5 game winning streak.

Dude Balkman sucks. On a personal level I like him ...he looks cool....

to say one deserves minutes and the other doesnt is retarded.
    I agree. I said I wanna see everybody on the floor and that is also why I asked why Balkman dident get any playing time in my first post.

if the fans decided when lin came in we probably could have been over .500 by now so don't give me that cop out behind the guys getting paid to make the calls ****.

'balkman sucks' let me guess you hate on jeffries after his best defensive performances cause he sucks with the ball and doesnt fill up a box score. some players dont show their value in numbers and maybe require an iota of thought to see what they do for the team. i guess that leaves you at a disadvantage in the player evaluating department.

Veteran

if the fans decided when lin came in we probably could have been over .500 by now so don't give me that cop out behind the guys getting paid to make the calls ****.

'balkman sucks' let me guess you hate on jeffries after his best defensive performances cause he sucks with the ball and doesnt fill up a box score. some players dont show their value in numbers and maybe require an iota of thought to see what they do for the team. i guess that leaves you at a disadvantage in the player evaluating department.
    Incorrect. I have always been a fan of Jeffires ability to draw an offensive foul. I think he is a tough defender and when Fields plus TD were slumping actually wanted Jeffries to start as we looked horrible on defense.

I think you are disillusioned with Balkman.
    I think the Knicks staff is disillusioned with walker if gets minutes over Jeffires, Novak, Davis , Jorts and Shump.

Nobody can be a monday night QB with LIN.
    Its an incredible story and one we may never see again.
    The fact is he is now our starting PG.

Lets end this with YOU think Balkman should be a role player off the bench and I do not.

lol dont try to pretend nobody knew lin would completely change the offense. if you really didnt think he would maybe you should loosen your helmet a little bit. the truth is the coaches don't always know best and that is a totally invalid arguement. and proves you have no logical evidence to prove i'm wrong. have you given one reason balkman doesnt deserve a shot? or are you trying to talk about everything but balkmans abilities to prove your point?

Veteran

lol dont try to pretend nobody knew lin would completely change the offense. if you really didnt think he would maybe you should loosen your helmet a little bit. the truth is the coaches don't always know best and that is a totally invalid arguement. and proves you have no logical evidence to prove i'm wrong. have you given one reason balkman doesnt deserve a shot? or are you trying to talk about everything but balkmans abilities to prove your point?
    Ready ?
    Lin has changed our offense and our team
    NOBODY knew he would change our offense,
    In fact is he came in a struggled we would all be wishing for Davis to come back.
    .....Sorry if it was a few games short to when you or I would have played him. I am not glad he is in and maybe the timing with the Knicks to take a shot on him helped matters works out...who know ?

I do believe balkman should get a shot if an opportunity arises.

Balkman has no outside shot, a low BBall IQ, can play tight Defense but usually commits fouls. Has had 4 NBA coaches that have not seen the silver lining in him that you see. Not a single NBA TEAM wanted him despite his athleticism when we trying to shed his contract...

He is not Jeffires and u need to understand that. BUT If Jeffires was hurt in these past 5 games I would have hoped the Knicks gave Balkman a shot due to his hustle.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

dont tell me i didnt know lin would make a difference. are you gonna tell me taking him out for td against the celts was the right call because mda made it?

i never said balkman is as good as jeffries but hes better offensively and puts just as much effort into defense, probably even more on the boards.

Veteran

dont tell me i didnt know lin would make a difference. are you gonna tell me taking him out for td against the celts was the right call because mda made it?

i never said balkman is as good as jeffries but hes better offensively and puts just as much effort into defense, probably even more on the boards.
    So Lin did not play the 2nd half of the celtics game. I too hoped he would go back in. Lin is quoted as he was very upset with himself about his 1st half of the celtics game.......so Yes timing is everything......Dude u did not even know who Lin was before he was a Knicks so stop the bull...

Dude your love for Balkman is a bit odd.

Superstar

No-one knew who Lin was and what impact he would have on our team. All we knew is that he was a Golden State reject who couldn't attain the interest of any other NBA team. He has been exceptional and as a major missing piece in the Knicks puzzle, one can easily argue that we would now be on a winning record had he started earlier. Still I don't think anyone can blame the team's decision not to play him at the start. Show me someone who believed - from the start- that Lin would change this team around as he has, and I will show you a liar.

Originally Posted by TakMan
    No-one knew who Lin was and what impact he would have on our team. All we knew is that he was a Golden State reject who couldn't attain the interest of any other NBA team. He has been exceptional and as a major missing piece in the Knicks puzzle, one can easily argue that we would now be on a winning record had he started earlier. Still I don't think anyone can blame the team's decision not to play him at the start. Show me someone who believed - from the start- that Lin would change this team around as he has, and I will show you a liar.
    diamond in the ruff

Originally Posted by TakMan
    are you asking who thought he'd be an all star or who thought he'd be much more of a pg than toney douglas? because it seems like youre treating them as interchangeable. so many people knew he would improve the offense. nobody said hed set the record for points scored in his first 4 starts. see the difference?

Veteran

are you asking who thought he'd be an all star or who thought he'd be much more of a pg than toney douglas? because it seems like youre treating them as interchangeable. so many people knew he would improve the offense. nobody said hed set the record for points scored in his first 4 starts. see the difference?
    We all agree Dantonio stuck with TD too long . Yes that is one of the flaws of Dantonio...NOBDOY denies that. Whats happened with Lin is just incredible.
    Timing is eveything. Lin is every tough on himself. Maybe the benching of the 2nd half of the Celtics game helped him...we will never know...

what we do know is YES we all thought he should have played sooner...we also all thought after the 1st game of the season that Shump could be the next dwayne wade....Knicks fans including myself see to get a little excited.

Superstar

What I'm saying is that I can understand why the coaching staff would place more faith in Douglas who hit near 40% of his three's last year, than someone who was unwanted by every single NBA team. I think most of us were expecting Douglas to start hitting his shots sooner or later. If anything, the fact that the coaching staff wasn't willing to wait even further surprised me. In the end, they made the right choice. Whether this choice was made later than it could have is irrelevant considering the fact that had it not been for the Knicks coaching staff, Lin would now be sitting at home watching NBA games on TV or- at best- playing as himself on the PS3.