Logos0211.png

STARTING LINEUPS

Knicks0211.png

Timberwolves0211.png

CRUCIAL MATCHUP

Matchup.png

MEDIA CORNER

Jeremy Lin's dizzying rise to NBA prominence continues

Now, he'll try to lead the New York Knicks to their longest winning streak of the season.
Fresh off his most impressive performance yet, Lin takes the floor again for the Knicks on Saturday night when they visit the Minnesota Timberwolves in the only meeting between the clubs this season.
Previously seldom-used, Lin is averaging an improbable 28.5 points and 8.0 assists during New York's four-game winning streak. His 114 total points in that stretch are six more than he collected in his first 38 career games with Golden State and the Knicks (12-15) after going undrafted out of Harvard in 2010.
Lin's 89 points since entering the starting lineup three games ago are the most for any NBA player in his first three career starts over the last 20 years.
He certainly didn't look like a flash in the pan Friday, scoring a career-high 38 points and adding seven assists in a 92-85 home win over the Los Angeles Lakers. He outscored Kobe Bryant by four points.
"I didn't try to see this game as any different," Lin said. "I just try to make sure that when I get there on the floor, I play as hard as I can and try to do everything I can to help the team win.
"I'm not too worried about proving anything to anybody. As a team we're growing and trying to build on the momentum."
Without worrying about it, Lin has proven plenty to Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni.
"What he's doing is amazing," D'Antoni said. "He answered a lot of questions (Friday). Can he make an outside shot? Can he pull the trigger in a big moment? He hit two 3s that just broke the game open. There's so much stuff that he's doing."
Lin has helped the Knicks surge despite the absences of stars Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire. Anthony is out with a strained right groin, while Stoudemire isn't expected back from grieving the death of his brother until Tuesday at Toronto.
Improbably, New York is on the brink of its longest winning streak since a seven-game run March 28-April 10, when Lin was wallowing on the Warriors' bench.
The Knicks split two meetings with the Timberwolves (13-14) last season, falling 112-103 at Minnesota on Nov. 12, 2010, their sixth loss in their last seven visits to the Target Center.
The Timberwolves must continue that success against New York in order to avoid their first three-game slide since starting the season 0-3. They fell 104-97 at home to Dallas on Friday, committing 28 turnovers - one shy of the team record set last season.
"We threw passes away when we worked hard defensively and got the ball back. We just threw it away like there was no value to the ball," coach Rick Adelman said, lamenting what he called a lack of concentration.
Kevin Love turned the ball over five times, but also finished with 32 points and 12 rebounds. The All-Star is averaging 29.7 points and 19.0 boards over his last three games versus the Knicks, including a 31-point, 31-rebound effort in last season's home win.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120211/NYKMIN/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100404

EUROTRACK

OFFICIAL CHILLOUT MACHINE
watch until your stress is gone!

1324796407972.gif

THIS GAME THREAD IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY

Kinder-1.png

lin_scheme2.jpg

LINNING STREAK CONTINUES HERE!

tiger0330

Legend
Jeremy "The Miracle" Lin, he is 6'3" tall, parents are 5'7" tall, no athletes in his family, isn't it supposed to be in the genes?

He's basically a rookie playing in his first NBA games, I can't remember any rookie ever playing like he has in their first 4 games, not Jordan, Kobe, DRose.

The kid is way better than Ricky Rubio, Rubio doesn't play with half the intensity of Lin.

portega1968

El Cacique
Good to see the thread up early

rubio must be watching jeremy closely and daydreaming of all that Kahn took away from him.... KHAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!!!!!!!!

Another opportunity for jeremy to measure himself against quality talent. Not only rubio, he will need to dance around Ridnour and my bro JJBarea.

Kevin Love will be a lot to handle. But this brings me to something we are not hearing much amid the Linsanity. The offense has been humming and boys are playing awesome on that end, but the defense on ths team is very underrated. Last night the team did make it difficult for the Lakers to really go off and there is much more activity around the boards by us. So, Love shouldnt be anywhere near30/30. Credit is due to all who have worked to turn the D around.

I trust Shump can have a good game to take off some of the pressure that the three pgs are gonna focus on Lin. Also, Fields should also take advantage of seeing minutes against the smaller Wolves backcourt and cut to the lane often while not getting beat on D

The unspoken question before each game now... Are TD and Tazman gonna get even garbage minutes?

Knicks should beat Wolves 102-91

Time to relieve stress

New New York

Quiet Storm
Great Thread Bro!!!

Why is Dantoni not starting Shump?! I hate the whole "spark of the bench" logic, you start you best available players at each position!

Move Feilds to the SF, Shump at the SG

I want Shump put on Rubio for 2 reason, 1.he's our best perimeter defender and I think he'll give Rubio fits! 2.I want the league to see that leaving Shump out the Rookie game is absurd!!!!

Regardless of Lin's performance tonight, if we hit the boards,get in them defensively and hit our FTs (which is the only reason we didnt embarass The Lakers last night) then this should be a victory for us!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Nice GT, Dzwon!

Did you actually go through and create these lineup pics?

Knicks0211.png

Timberwolves0211.png

That's dedicated if you did, and I love it!

+1!

Lin VS Rubio is massive, but I'm more concerned about Love VS Chandler, Jefferies and Novak. That's gonna be a tough guard for us. He can stretch, outmuscle and out-pass all of them.

Gotta be honest, I'm not expecting a win here for us, and it'd be slightly over expectant to assume we're going in to this as a favorite or strong likelihood. Minny are too deep and we're playing 2 bench warmers as starters.

Early foul trouble for either Jefferies or Chandler and we're screwed.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Crazy⑧s;205078 said:
Nice GT, Dzwon!

Did you actually go through and create these lineup pics?
Yup, just thought upgrading the lineups could bring something fresh to my GTs, so I downloaded a simple graphics soft and made it done. ;)

portega1968

El Cacique
crisp graphics

Knicks0211.png

Also, Walker seems to be asking Fields" why the **** are you screaming in his ear while he shoots the free throw?

Timberwolves0211.png

Love laughing at Pek's shot while Rubio does like an egyptian

Cant wait to see the Minny PGS on the Conquest Gallery!!!

Is Beasley out for this one? Or just coming off the bench?

If Beasley is out, we'll win this one without question!

Love is great, but the combined efforts of Jeffries and Chandler will somewhat contain him (no 30/30 game like he had last year against Stoudemire).

Rubio vs Lin is the key matchup, probably Jeremy's hardest test so far, Rubio is a fierce defender, very quick first step and hands he has great size for a PG and is an exquisit passer.

We need another big game from Lin and a high scoring output by Tyson to win this one.

If Lin were in the 25+ point range and Tyson in the 20+ point range, we'll win.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
i can see tyson either scoring 30 or getting love in foul trouble attacking him off feeds from lin. thats the only way we keep him under 15 and 10, but anything close to that would be awesome and almost certainly guarantee a win.

Way to go with the GT Dwonsson! We're going to have our hands full tonight with Love. He's averaging 25 points and 13 rebounds per game this season. If TC can keep his shooting % low and not let him get any offensive boards then I see us winning this. But that is a tough task to ask for!

KingCharles34

All Star
Jeffries is about to shut down Love...I see love getting under 20 points

Ricky Rubio is nice, i apologized to him already. Hes fun to watch but hes no Jeremy Lin :no:

Knicks get the Lin by 10 or more

Worst idea ever for a photo shooting!

So ****ing racist!

lol I just figured out whats going on in that photo, I was looking for Lin for like 5 minutes. smh @ myself

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Key to tonights game is to shut out Love and double team him, we were double teaming Kobe yesterday and it was pretty effective , but he was still making crazy shots just because hes Kobe but Love is no where near Kobe

I think Shumpert should guard Rubio also to really pressure him and mess him up, Shumpert was doing a great job on Kobe last night