Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 379

Thread: New York Knicks @ Minnesota Timberwolves 02.11 8:00PM

  1. #346
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    So Lin did not play the 2nd half of the celtics game. I too hoped he would go back in. Lin is quoted as he was very upset with himself about his 1st half of the celtics game.......so Yes timing is everything......Dude u did not even know who Lin was before he was a Knicks so stop the bull...

    Dude your love for Balkman is a bit odd.
    i never claimed to have known lin was a great option before he was a knick, and if you think you're gonna make me look stupid by pretending i said something i didnt its not gonna work.

    based on what i (or anyone not blind or retarted) knew BEFORE LIN GOT MAJOR MINUTES, he was the only person capable of playing pg right now on the roster. toney douglas was not penetrating. toney douglas was not seeing anyone or anything. toney douglas was not keeping his dribble. toney douglas was not even shooting well. toney douglas was doing absolutely nothing to help this team or make anyone else better. lin penetrated. lin kept his dribble. lin found his teammates for assists and made them better by penetrating and drawing attention from the other guys on the floor. despite this, mda still refused to give him more than garbage time minutes.

    your logic is deeply flawed, if you even want to call it that. you've said next to nothing in i dont even know how many posts. you've misconstrued my words in an attempt to make me wrong. you've showed an incredibly short memory. you've talked more about lin and dantoni than you have balkman and walker, which is what this is all about. you sir, are a ****ing retard. despite your incredible lack of any apparent brain function, even you wanted lin to play against the celtics. lin said he wasnt happy with his performance....HE IS THE MOST HUMBLE MAN IN THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION. he will never give himself credit, so using that as some sort of factual evidence that mda was right in tossing away wins with him on the bench is probably the stupidest thing you have done, which is really amazing. now if the dumbest person i have ever interacted with knew lin should have played against the celtics, can you still pretend that the coach always knows better and is always right?

  2. #347
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,642
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    i never claimed to have known lin was a great option before he was a knick, and if you think you're gonna make me look stupid by pretending i said something i didnt its not gonna work.

    based on what i (or anyone not blind or retarted) knew BEFORE LIN GOT MAJOR MINUTES, he was the only person capable of playing pg right now on the roster. toney douglas was not penetrating. toney douglas was not seeing anyone or anything. toney douglas was not keeping his dribble. toney douglas was not even shooting well. toney douglas was doing absolutely nothing to help this team or make anyone else better. lin penetrated. lin kept his dribble. lin found his teammates for assists and made them better by penetrating and drawing attention from the other guys on the floor. despite this, mda still refused to give him more than garbage time minutes.

    your logic is deeply flawed, if you even want to call it that. you've said next to nothing in i dont even know how many posts. you've misconstrued my words in an attempt to make me wrong. you've showed an incredibly short memory. you've talked more about lin and dantoni than you have balkman and walker, which is what this is all about. you sir, are a ****ing retard. despite your incredible lack of any apparent brain function, even you wanted lin to play against the celtics. lin said he wasnt happy with his performance....HE IS THE MOST HUMBLE MAN IN THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION. he will never give himself credit, so using that as some sort of factual evidence that mda was right in tossing away wins with him on the bench is probably the stupidest thing you have done, which is really amazing. now if the dumbest person i have ever interacted with knew lin should have played against the celtics, can you still pretend that the coach always knows better and is always right?
    I have not in any way misconstrued your words . Unfortunetley for you your words are very silly.
    Lin should have played a week earlier then Dantonio because your kid genius...
    And despited the 5-0 streak we are on Balkman should have played more then Walker and Jerome Jordan should have played more....

    Dude are u really good on xbox ?
    I assume u take off the automatic sub button.

  3. #348
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,642
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    i never claimed to have known lin was a great option before he was a knick, and if you think you're gonna make me look stupid by pretending i said something i didnt its not gonna work.

    based on what i (or anyone not blind or retarted) knew BEFORE LIN GOT MAJOR MINUTES, he was the only person capable of playing pg right now on the roster. toney douglas was not penetrating. toney douglas was not seeing anyone or anything. toney douglas was not keeping his dribble. toney douglas was not even shooting well. toney douglas was doing absolutely nothing to help this team or make anyone else better. lin penetrated. lin kept his dribble. lin found his teammates for assists and made them better by penetrating and drawing attention from the other guys on the floor. despite this, mda still refused to give him more than garbage time minutes.

    your logic is deeply flawed, if you even want to call it that. you've said next to nothing in i dont even know how many posts. you've misconstrued my words in an attempt to make me wrong. you've showed an incredibly short memory. you've talked more about lin and dantoni than you have balkman and walker, which is what this is all about. you sir, are a ****ing retard. despite your incredible lack of any apparent brain function, even you wanted lin to play against the celtics. lin said he wasnt happy with his performance....HE IS THE MOST HUMBLE MAN IN THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION. he will never give himself credit, so using that as some sort of factual evidence that mda was right in tossing away wins with him on the bench is probably the stupidest thing you have done, which is really amazing. now if the dumbest person i have ever interacted with knew lin should have played against the celtics, can you still pretend that the coach always knows better and is always right?
    THATS WHY LIN WAS FIRST MAN OFF THE BENCH ON FEB 4TH AND IS NOW THE KNICKS STARTING PG...........dude why u so angry so it happened a week later or 7 games later then you would have wanted ?

    BTW......How can u knock Chandler ? Why is he not the most humble guy in the organization....what are u selling him out and and jumping on the LIN Train ??????

    ( that would be misconstruing your words )....

    Done arguing with you.......We are both happy LIN is now are starting PG .
    And for every good play that Balkman makes I will always say that was Amazin.

  4. #349
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    What I'm saying is that I can understand why the coaching staff would place more faith in Douglas who hit near 40% of his three's last year, than someone who was unwanted by every single NBA team. I think most of us were expecting Douglas to start hitting his shots sooner or later. If anything, the fact that the coaching staff wasn't willing to wait even further surprised me. In the end, they made the right choice. Whether this choice was made later than it could have is irrelevant considering the fact that had it not been for the Knicks coaching staff, Lin would now be sitting at home watching NBA games on TV or- at best- playing as himself on the PS3.
    1) even if he scored at the level he did last year (an extremely inconsistent one) he is not even close to being a pg
    2)victor cruz was unwanted by every single team....that should never be a reason to snub someone who played well no matter how small of a chance they were given
    3) the reason you were surprised they didnt give td more time is because mda has shown mental retardation in that respect
    4)it is not irrelevant because the point i was making is that the coaches were not right about td vs lin, therefore to say or imply that they always know better and every decision they make is right is simply untrue, should never be stated as fact, and should never be given as a reason for someone who could possibly contribute to waste away on the bench.

  5. #350
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    I have not in any way misconstrued your words .

    And despited the 5-0 streak we are on Balkman should have played more then Walker and Jerome Jordan should have played more....
    then why bring up the fact that i didnt know as much about lin before we brought him in? that was completely irrelevant and a retarded thing to say.

    again, you cannot give billy walker any credit for the win streak. lin, tyson, jeffries, and shump deserve 95% of the credit. if billy walker shot 20% instead of 0% we wouldnt have needed novak to be so incredibly clutch, or for rubio to dribble off his foot. we won IN SPITE of walker.

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    dude why u so angry so it happened a week later or 7 games later then you would have wanted ?
    see i knew if i kept reading you'd top your retardation again. im over the fact that mda potentially threw away an handful of wins with lin on the bench. i still think he was bombing on purpose because he felt he didnt have a pg that could run his system, and honestly if a bad start means we make a deal for a pg when we have none, im ok with that because he wanted to make the team better in the long run. he is starting to make up for it by running an offense that flows, creates good shots, and wins games.

    you are completely missing the point here. the only reason i brought up mda's gross misjudgement of our pg situation is to illustrate that coaches are not always right, nor can we assume every decision they make is a good one. i will not deny that they MAY see something they dont like in balkman behind the scenes. this isnt even about balkman anymore. you said he doesnt deserve to play essentially because mda doesnt let him play. you implied that the coach isnt wrong in DNPing him because hes a coach and that means he isnt wrong. i proved that your sentiment was 100% bull**** because he was soooo wrong about td and lin, when even a moron such as yourself saw how much he changed the offense.

  6. #351
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    1) even if he scored at the level he did last year (an extremely inconsistent one) he is not even close to being a pg
    2)victor cruz was unwanted by every single team....that should never be a reason to snub someone who played well no matter how small of a chance they were given
    3) the reason you were surprised they didnt give td more time is because mda has shown mental retardation in that respect
    4)it is not irrelevant because the point i was making is that the coaches were not right about td vs lin, therefore to say or imply that they always know better and every decision they make is right is simply untrue, should never be stated as fact, and should never be given as a reason for someone who could possibly contribute to waste away on the bench.
    Of course Douglas is not a PG. We know this now. Cast your mind back to the post trade Knicks this time last year though. Remember when Billups was advising Douglas and how most felt regarding his prospects of becoming a more rounded PG. The Knicks attempted to continue this by getting Davis to spend some time with Douglas this year. It failed miserably. The result was cringeworthy. Remember that the Warriors ended last season with a 44% record and at no time was Lin asked to alleviate the strain that Curry incurred. Again you cannot place serious blame on the Knicks for not pioneering by using Lin properly; something they did eventually do.

  7. #352
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    If Lin started sooner, he would not be having the profound, earth-shattering success he now is.

    D'antoni is a mastermind genius for handling it as he did, and as a result of the way D'antoni handled Lin, we are reaping the benefits of the most surprising story of a player exceeding expectations in years.

    This is confirmed by the reality of Lin's current play since he became a starter, and that Lin himself has said that the way he was handled allowed him to learn the ropes, gain confidence, and get coached by D'antoni in D'antoni's system, which Lin says is a perfect fit for him and is, "offensive genius".

  8. #353
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,642
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    then why bring up the fact that i didnt know as much about lin before we brought him in? that was completely irrelevant and a retarded thing to say.

    again, you cannot give billy walker any credit for the win streak. lin, tyson, jeffries, and shump deserve 95% of the credit. if billy walker shot 20% instead of 0% we wouldnt have needed novak to be so incredibly clutch, or for rubio to dribble off his foot. we won IN SPITE of walker.


    see i knew if i kept reading you'd top your retardation again. im over the fact that mda potentially threw away an handful of wins with lin on the bench. i still think he was bombing on purpose because he felt he didnt have a pg that could run his system, and honestly if a bad start means we make a deal for a pg when we have none, im ok with that because he wanted to make the team better in the long run. he is starting to make up for it by running an offense that flows, creates good shots, and wins games.

    you are completely missing the point here. the only reason i brought up mda's gross misjudgement of our pg situation is to illustrate that coaches are not always right, nor can we assume every decision they make is a good one. i will not deny that they MAY see something they dont like in balkman behind the scenes. this isnt even about balkman anymore. you said he doesnt deserve to play essentially because mda doesnt let him play. you implied that the coach isnt wrong in DNPing him because hes a coach and that means he isnt wrong. i proved that your sentiment was 100% bull**** because he was soooo wrong about td and lin, when even a moron such as yourself saw how much he changed the offense.


    dude I could not resist.....I just realized your a young kid....
    Look at your quote below....BY the way...coaches Thomas, Brown, Danotnio, Karl have elected not to see the Super Balkman u see....
    " i still think he was bombing on purpose because he felt he didnt have a pg that could run his system, and honestly if a bad start means we make a deal for a pg when we have none "

    Dantonio wanted to lose on purporse ????? Your cute.

  9. #354
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,642
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    If Lin started sooner, he would not be having the profound, earth-shattering success he now is.

    D'antoni is a mastermind genius for handling it as he did, and as a result of the way D'antoni handled Lin, we are reaping the benefits of the most surprising story of a player exceeding expectations in years.

    This is confirmed by the reality of Lin's current play since he became a starter, and that Lin himself has said that the way he was handled allowed him to learn the ropes, gain confidence, and get coached by D'antoni in D'antoni's system, which Lin says is a perfect fit for him and is, "offensive genius".
    Amazin read this post.....
    You send LIN is the most humbling person in the Knicks organization....well MR JEREMY LIN is praising the organization that u are finding fault with...

    If you think Dantonio sometimes makes bad personal decisions EVERYONE on this board would agree.....BUT your love fest for Balkman is what started this and dude if the Knicks did not draft Balkman in the first round due to Isiah's blunder there is a very good shot he would not be in the NBA.

    BUT I DO AND I REPEAT LOVE HIS STYLE, HUSTLE AND ENTHUSIASM AND ALWAYS HAVE.

  10. #355
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    Of course Douglas is not a PG. We know this now. Cast your mind back to the post trade Knicks this time last year though. Remember when Billups was advising Douglas and how most felt regarding his prospects of becoming a more rounded PG. The Knicks attempted to continue this by getting Davis to spend some time with Douglas this year. It failed miserably. The result was cringeworthy. Remember that the Warriors ended last season with a 44% record and at no time was Lin asked to alleviate the strain that Curry incurred. Again you cannot place serious blame on the Knicks for not pioneering by using Lin properly; something they did eventually do.
    we've known for a long time that lin is not a pg. i think what you meant to say is we only just learned that he cannot become one, which is not 100% false. i was a part of the people that thought he could turn into at least an average pg, hes fast, he can shoot, he can play good defense, all he needs to change is his ability to see and distribute. we now know that he isnt a person that will ever be able to see and distribute.

    are you saying the warriors situation is at all similar to ours? you said yourself....CURRY was running the pg. someone they just drafted fairly highly. NOT an undersized combo guard that cant even shoot consistently or defend anyone. if we had taken a pg with the 7th pick overall i could understand keeping him in there. but td is/was neither a high pick nor a pg. again, completely irrelevant and you are a retard for bringing that up.

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    If Lin started sooner, he would not be having the profound, earth-shattering success he now is.

    D'antoni is a mastermind genius for handling it as he did, and as a result of the way D'antoni handled Lin, we are reaping the benefits of the most surprising story of a player exceeding expectations in years.

    This is confirmed by the reality of Lin's current play since he became a starter, and that Lin himself has said that the way he was handled allowed him to learn the ropes, gain confidence, and get coached by D'antoni in D'antoni's system, which Lin says is a perfect fit for him and is, "offensive genius".
    this reminds me of a religious nut that said "god is the greatest, for him to be the greatest, he must exist, therefore he exists"

    you cannot state that an event (that could be the result of any number of conditions) proves any one condition.

    if a terrorist wanted to soften us up for a big blow by giving us all massive colds, i would get sick. i have a massive cold, therefore the state of new jersey will be attacked. same logic.

    Originally Posted by skisloper


    dude I could not resist.....I just realized your a young kid....
    Look at your quote below....BY the way...coaches Thomas, Brown, Danotnio, Karl have elected not to see the Super Balkman u see....
    " i still think he was bombing on purpose because he felt he didnt have a pg that could run his system, and honestly if a bad start means we make a deal for a pg when we have none "

    Dantonio wanted to lose on purporse ????? Your cute.
    i see three possible reasons for the offense being as atrocious as it was (outside of the pg situation).

    dantoni either told them to ran plays or he didnt. the players either ignored his order to run plays or they didnt.

    1) dantoni called plays and they refused to run them
    2) dantoni did not call plays because he forgot how to, thought it wouldnt make a difference, etc
    3) dantoni did not call plays on purpose

    which is the most likely scenario?

  11. #356
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,642
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Amazin....do you honestly believe dantonio would lose games and take the season so the front office would get him a PG ?

  12. #357
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Amazin read this post.....
    You send LIN is the most humbling person in the Knicks organization....well MR JEREMY LIN is praising the organization that u are finding fault with...

    If you think Dantonio sometimes makes bad personal decisions EVERYONE on this board would agree.....BUT your love fest for Balkman is what started this and dude if the Knicks did not draft Balkman in the first round due to Isiah's blunder there is a very good shot he would not be in the NBA.

    BUT I DO AND I REPEAT LOVE HIS STYLE, HUSTLE AND ENTHUSIASM AND ALWAYS HAVE.
    you obviously dont know what humble is. he is attributing HIS OWN GREATNESS to those around him. i didn't say hes right, i said hes refusing to take credit and i would even go so far as to say hes being very hard on himself.

    "lovefest for balkman" again you are missing the point....ideally we have a roster on which he is not good enough to play more than the garbagiest of garbage minutes. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. the only time i think he should play is when 1) starters (lin) are waaay overplayed and 2) someone as bad as billy walker is getting significant minutes. these two things are occuring about as badly as one could imagine.

  13. #358
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,642
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    you obviously dont know what humble is. he is attributing HIS OWN GREATNESS to those around him. i didn't say hes right, i said hes refusing to take credit and i would even go so far as to say hes being very hard on himself.

    "lovefest for balkman" again you are missing the point....ideally we have a roster on which he is not good enough to play more than the garbagiest of garbage minutes. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. the only time i think he should play is when 1) starters (lin) are waaay overplayed and 2) someone as bad as billy walker is getting significant minutes. these two things are occuring about as badly as one could imagine.
    So u are saying Lin is wrong ?
    So now Dantonio is wrong for not playing him.
    Lin is wrong for praising the Knicks staff.
    We win 5 straight and Dantonio is wrong for not playing Balkman instead of Walker.
    You must be a joy to sit next to at the Knicks games.....dude not everything is always the way we want it......

  14. #359
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    So u are saying Lin is wrong ?
    So now Dantonio is wrong for not playing him.
    Lin is wrong for praising the Knicks staff.
    We win 5 straight and Dantonio is wrong for not playing Balkman instead of Walker.
    You must be a joy to sit next to at the Knicks games.....dude not everything is always the way we want it......
    yes, lin is wrong in that he keeps saying he isn't playing that big a part in our 5-0 run. are you saying he's right?

    why does our very short and not very significant win streak protect the team from being imperfect? we won 5 games without stat and melo for most of that stretch. since youre basically saying we cant get any better than we are now should we just let them go?

  15. #360
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    before you say anything else i want you to give me a reasonable explanation for the team not even attempting to get a flowing offense or high % shots with FACTUAL/LOGICAL evidence to support it. i already listed your choices, you just have to pick one and tell me why.

Similar Threads

  1. the PO
    By 6thman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2012, 20:10
  2. These Knicks May not be together Much Longer
    By Oakman88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2011, 09:03
  3. Christmas Day: Bulls @ Knicks
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Dec 26, 2010, 11:41
  4. Chad Ford: Knicks Pitch To LBJ
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 27, 2010, 00:47
  5. Sacramento Kings vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/2/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2008, 15:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •