New York Knicks @ Minnesota Timberwolves 02.11 8:00PM

skisloper

Starter
yes, lin is wrong in that he keeps saying he isn't playing that big a part in our 5-0 run. are you saying he's right?

why does our very short and not very significant win streak protect the team from being imperfect? we won 5 games without stat and melo for most of that stretch. since youre basically saying we cant get any better than we are now should we just let them go?

No what I am saying now is a few things.....

1. You are silly to think dantonio lost games on purpose to get the front office to find a PG.......thats just ludicrous

2. I do not agree that renaldo Balkman should at this present time be getting minutes off the bench.

3. I 100% know we will get better when Amare and melo return. ( dont be silly and compare them to Balkman ).

4. I also think Dantonio will continue to make mistakes and I will be pissed...BUT right now I have to put some faith in him as our team is playing unbelievable right now......We all crucified him for the bad....

This debate started with your sadness about Balkman not getting minutes instead of Walker.....I do not agree with you.....

skisloper

Starter
before you say anything else i want you to give me a reasonable explanation for the team not even attempting to get a flowing offense or high % shots with FACTUAL/LOGICAL evidence to support it. i already listed your choices, you just have to pick one and tell me why.

NOT HAVING A PG!!!!!!!!!
DANTONIO BEING TOO STUBBORN TO GIVE UP ON TD!!!!!!!
MELO PLAYING HURT!!!!!!!!
SHUMP NOT PLAYING HIS ROLE BUT INSTEAD BEING ASKED TO PLAY PG WHICH HE IS NOT......

I think we agree........Do not let Dantonio being stubborn confuse you with the illogical thought that he wanted to lose on purpose....

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
No what I am saying now is a few things.....

1. You are silly to think dantonio lost games on purpose to get the front office to find a PG.......thats just ludicrous

2. I do not agree that renaldo Balkman should at this present time be getting minutes off the bench.

3. I 100% know we will get better when Amare and melo return. ( dont be silly and compare them to Balkman ).

4. I also think Dantonio will continue to make mistakes and I will be pissed...BUT right now I have to put some faith in him as our team is playing unbelievable right now......We all crucified him for the bad....

This debate started with your sadness about Balkman not getting minutes instead of Walker.....I do not agree with you.....

1) they purposely kept lin off the court even though many people on here knew playing him was the best thing for the team, so its not impossible, nor was it stated as fact so you really shouldnt fixate on it that much.

2) how do you suggest we solve the issues of lin playing way too much and walker chucking/turning the ball over? (hint: play the guys on the bench, especially those that wont go 3-16 in a two game stretch)

3) nobody compared amare and melo to balkman. your logic (calling it logic is the biggest compliment anyone will ever give you) in that our success means we dont need to change anything implied that we couldnt/didnt need to get better. if thats true, why not save 40 mil a year? (hint: just admit that the team could get better despite a 5 game win streak)

4) you're obviously not going to agree that hustle on defense and the glass is as (or more) important than the defense knowing youre gonna chuck threes so just drop the balkman/walker thing

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
NOT HAVING A PG!!!!!!!!!
DANTONIO BEING TOO STUBBORN TO GIVE UP ON TD!!!!!!!
MELO PLAYING HURT!!!!!!!!
SHUMP NOT PLAYING HIS ROLE BUT INSTEAD BEING ASKED TO PLAY PG WHICH HE IS NOT......

I think we agree........Do not let Dantonio being stubborn confuse you with the illogical thought that he wanted to lose on purpose....

LOL you just said logic.

toney isnt a pg, i'll give you that. but to imply that because he should be playing a different position, the other four guys on the floor cannot move without the ball, set screens, etc is ILLOGICAL

Melo has been hurt, youre right again! (2 for 34, you could be getting minutes over walker) that does not keep him from attempting to involve the other 4 guys on the court or moving without the ball.

WHY was there no EFFORT (read: not synonomous with success) to run plays, move without the ball, and create high % shots?

let me make this even simpler for you.

Do you think D'Antoni called plays or not? (there are only two answers to this one)

If you answered yes to the first question:
Do you thinkt he players ignored his wishes to run plays? (see above)

skisloper

Starter
1) they purposely kept lin off the court even though many people on here knew playing him was the best thing for the team, so its not impossible, nor was it stated as fact so you really shouldnt fixate on it that much.

2) how do you suggest we solve the issues of lin playing way too much and walker chucking/turning the ball over? (hint: play the guys on the bench, especially those that wont go 3-16 in a two game stretch)

3) nobody compared amare and melo to balkman. your logic (calling it logic is the biggest compliment anyone will ever give you) in that our success means we dont need to change anything implied that we couldnt/didnt need to get better. if thats true, why not save 40 mil a year? (hint: just admit that the team could get better despite a 5 game win streak)

4) you're obviously not going to agree that hustle on defense and the glass is as (or more) important than the defense knowing youre gonna chuck threes so just drop the balkman/walker thing

Answer this with your ramblings....

1. YES OR NO.....Do you believe Dantonio lost games on purpose in order to get the front office try and secure a PG ?

2. Fact is we won 5 games in a row. Yes we our players were worn down. Now Stat and Melo come back ...problem solved....
Brown, Thomas and Karl also did not see the value in Balkman that u clearly see.....AND AGAIN I am a fan of Balkman.....JUST DID NOT THINK HE NEEDED TO GET MINUTES,

skisloper

Starter
LOL you just said logic.

toney isnt a pg, i'll give you that. but to imply that because he should be playing a different position, the other four guys on the floor cannot move without the ball, set screens, etc is ILLOGICAL

Melo has been hurt, youre right again! (2 for 34, you could be getting minutes over walker) that does not keep him from attempting to involve the other 4 guys on the court or moving without the ball.

WHY was there no EFFORT (read: not synonomous with success) to run plays, move without the ball, and create high % shots?

let me make this even simpler for you.

Do you think D'Antoni called plays or not? (there are only two answers to this one)

If you answered yes to the first question:
Do you thinkt he players ignored his wishes to run plays? (see above)

Yes I think he drew plays and the Knicks did not execute or his plays failed.
Again Dantonio is very stubborn and I do think that got in the way.

You are accusing an NBA COACH OF LOSING GAMES ON PURPOSE JUST FOR A TRADE TO HAPPEN.......Thats Moronic.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Answer this with your ramblings....

1. YES OR NO.....Do you believe Dantonio lost games on purpose in order to get the front office try and secure a PG ?

2. Fact is we won 5 games in a row. Yes we our players were worn down. Now Stat and Melo come back ...problem solved....
Brown, Thomas and Karl also did not see the value in Balkman that u clearly see.....AND AGAIN I am a fan of Balkman.....JUST DID NOT THINK HE NEEDED TO GET MINUTES,
i think its very possible that a guy who always had a pg, and is known as a mastermind with pgs, did not see the point in trying to win without one.

the team either can get better or it cant. if it can, we need to discuss how bad someone can be and still deserve minutes. i dont see why someone that shoots 3-16 and commits fouls, travels etc is SO much better than someone who hustles on defense and boards (even if he never crosses half court and only plays defense) to the point where we cant even consider switching them for 5-10 minutes.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Yes I think he drew plays and the Knicks did not execute or his plays failed.
Again Dantonio is very stubborn and I do think that got in the way.

You are accusing an NBA COACH OF LOSING GAMES ON PURPOSE JUST FOR A TRADE TO HAPPEN.......Thats Moronic.

youre accusing players of ignoring the same person who you said cannot be questioned because he is the coach and knows more than anyone, even though it leads to terrible fg%, lower scoring, and losses. what player wants that? you havent given me a reason for dantoni to want to remain in ny without a pg.

skisloper

Starter
youre accusing players of ignoring the same person who you said cannot be questioned because he is the coach and knows more than anyone, even though it leads to terrible fg%, lower scoring, and losses. what player wants that? you havent given me a reason for dantoni to want to remain in ny without a pg.

5 million and his reputation. People also like to succeed.

skisloper

Starter
i think its very possible that a guy who always had a pg, and is known as a mastermind with pgs, did not see the point in trying to win without one.

the team either can get better or it cant. if it can, we need to discuss how bad someone can be and still deserve minutes. i dont see why someone that shoots 3-16 and commits fouls, travels etc is SO much better than someone who hustles on defense and boards (even if he never crosses half court and only plays defense) to the point where we cant even consider switching them for 5-10 minutes.

SIMPLE YES OR NO....

do u think Danntnio lost games and was tanking the season on purpose ?
such a simple yes/no question

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
5 million and his reputation. People also like to succeed.

doesnt he get at least a large portion of what was owed to him if he gets fired before his deal is up? besides, it would be laughable to say he NEEDS this years salary after being an nba coach as long as he has. guess what....if he gets fired now or isnt brough back at the end of the season his reputation takes a hit, almost no difference there. if his plan succeeded he makes way more money, his reputation skyrockets, and guess what, we succeed. maybe youre just being narrowminded and short sighted on purpose because you want me to be wrong, or maybe your mind is really that weak that you cant process what could happen in a couple weeks. stop getting caught up on the bad start and see the big picture. before lin this team had absolutely no chance at winning a title as currently constructed. now that we have one, mda can work his magic. he knew exactly what he needed to get it done.

have you seen the wire? someone as simple minded as you may think mcnulty was just obsessive or a sick ****, but his plan, as ****ed up as it was, did exactly what he wanted which was to give the police force the resources they needed to do their job. the act of altering crime scenes in a vacuum is sickening, but if you look at the big picture he's a hero and chris partlow is in jail for a long time.

skisloper

Starter
doesnt he get at least a large portion of what was owed to him if he gets fired before his deal is up? besides, it would be laughable to say he NEEDS this years salary after being an nba coach as long as he has. guess what....if he gets fired now or isnt brough back at the end of the season his reputation takes a hit, almost no difference there. if his plan succeeded he makes way more money, his reputation skyrockets, and guess what, we succeed. maybe youre just being narrowminded and short sighted on purpose because you want me to be wrong, or maybe your mind is really that weak that you cant process what could happen in a couple weeks. stop getting caught up on the bad start and see the big picture. before lin this team had absolutely no chance at winning a title as currently constructed. now that we have one, mda can work his magic. he knew exactly what he needed to get it done.

have you seen the wire? someone as simple minded as you may think mcnulty was just obsessive or a sick ****, but his plan, as ****ed up as it was, did exactly what he wanted which was to give the police force the resources they needed to do their job. the act of altering crime scenes in a vacuum is sickening, but if you look at the big picture he's a hero and chris partlow is in jail for a long time.

AMAZIN.....U are giving the mind of Mike Dantonio much too much credit....its an interesting take you present but I just dont see Dantonio in that same complexed thinking of an individual as you do,,,,,

at this point if you could fire danotnio would U ? and if yes replace with who...

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
AMAZIN.....U are giving the mind of Mike Dantonio much too much credit....its an interesting take you present but I just dont see Dantonio in that same complexed thinking of an individual as you do,,,,,

at this point if you could fire danotnio would U ? and if yes replace with who...

is this you giving up? cause i was ready to keep goin til my 930am class tomorrow or we cured your retardation, whichever came first

i've said this a couple times and i hope i dont have to keep saying it. we brought mda in with the plan to have him coach a complete team with elite talent, potent offense, and at least an iota of defense. we did not bring him in to coach nate robinson or eddy curry or toney douglas. when stat and melo return it will be the first time he's had a starting 5 that could win a title (knock on wood). if baron can be at least a 10 minute guy we'll have a really good or elite starter at every position and someone not terrible to back each of them up. if he cant at least get to the ecf with this team i'll consider whether it was because of talent or strategy/morale/etc. before he has a chance with melo stat ty and a pg we really cant say he failed at what he was brought in for.

skisloper

Starter
is this you giving up? cause i was ready to keep goin til my 930am class tomorrow or we cured your retardation, whichever came first

i've said this a couple times and i hope i dont have to keep saying it. we brought mda in with the plan to have him coach a complete team with elite talent, potent offense, and at least an iota of defense. we did not bring him in to coach nate robinson or eddy curry or toney douglas. when stat and melo return it will be the first time he's had a starting 5 that could win a title (knock on wood). if baron can be at least a 10 minute guy we'll have a really good or elite starter at every position and someone not terrible to back each of them up. if he cant at least get to the ecf with this team i'll consider whether it was because of talent or strategy/morale/etc. before he has a chance with melo stat ty and a pg we really cant say he failed at what he was brought in for.

I was sick all day and now feeling better but u did keep me busy.......
I am sure I will be able to recognize you at the games you will be the one with the I LOVE BALKMAN sign.....

skisloper

Starter

For the record you never answered the simple YES OR NO ....

Which makes me realize that you really do not believe that Dantonio lost games on purpose......and better yes he purposely did not put Balkman in the games in fear he would be so good we would win and then ruin your conspiracy theory.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
For the record you never answered the simple YES OR NO ....

Which makes me realize that you really do not believe that Dantonio lost games on purpose......and better yes he purposely did not put Balkman in the games in fear he would be so good we would win and then ruin your conspiracy theory.

i cant say for sure whether he bombed on purpose. i know people will react the way you did if i say it. if you didnt see what i saw i dont know what to say to you. aside from cohesion, want, or having the right pieces in place there was a bigger issue with the offense. it was iso to melo, iso to stat, or east-west around the arc and chuck a 3. despite your best efforts to shake my faith in humanity i like to think people (especially those able to get into a position such as mda's) are not retarded until they give me a reason to think otherwise. when i look at all the facts (i understand not everyone is capable of processing everything at once) dantoni bombing on purpose makes more sense to me than if he were to completely forget how to get guys open, get high % shots, gain offensive momentum, etc or players choosing horrible play and low % shots on purpose.

the only other possible explanation i see is a bigger conspiracy...im still confused by mdas refusal to play lin, especially when you consider he cited defense as his concern (the man may have changed, but not THAT much). couple that with the abrupt press conference ending when people asked why he didnt play lin (potentially evidence that someone above mda had reason to not want reporters asking questions regarding the pg situation, horrible offense or whatever). all things considered, an offense with this much talent just cant be as bad as they were by accident.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
to answer your question, you're not gonna hear me say definitively this was mda's plan. it is nothing more than speculation and cannot be backed up with hard evidence, just what we see on tv and logic based of evidence drawn from watching games. I get the sense you're trying to set some type of trap for me because if you get some sort of edge you'll finally be able to prove me wrong, or at least prove yourself not 100% wrong. i will leave it at this: the idea i presented is the one that most makes sense to me. it is neither fact nor a wild guess pulled out of my ass. its somewhere in between, meaning going back and forth about it is really stupid. to that i say: congratulations you have made me dumber for continuing this discussion.

skisloper

Starter
i cant say for sure whether he bombed on purpose. i know people will react the way you did if i say it. if you didnt see what i saw i dont know what to say to you. aside from cohesion, want, or having the right pieces in place there was a bigger issue with the offense. it was iso to melo, iso to stat, or east-west around the arc and chuck a 3. despite your best efforts to shake my faith in humanity i like to think people (especially those able to get into a position such as mda's) are not retarded until they give me a reason to think otherwise. when i look at all the facts (i understand not everyone is capable of processing everything at once) dantoni bombing on purpose makes more sense to me than if he were to completely forget how to get guys open, get high % shots, gain offensive momentum, etc or players choosing horrible play and low % shots on purpose.

the only other possible explanation i see is a bigger conspiracy...im still confused by mdas refusal to play lin, especially when you consider he cited defense as his concern (the man may have changed, but not THAT much). couple that with the abrupt press conference ending when people asked why he didnt play lin (potentially evidence that someone above mda had reason to not want reporters asking questions regarding the pg situation, horrible offense or whatever). all things considered, an offense with this much talent just cant be as bad as they were by accident.

See but he did play LIN. Just not a week earlier then you would have hoped.
And I do take Lin's constant raving about the Knicks organization, his calling Dantonio an absolute offensive genius as the real deal. Im optimistic its easier to live and think that way....feel free to quote me on that.

Now lets hope Melo and Stat mesh right in.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
See but he did play LIN. Just not a week earlier then you would have hoped.
And I do take Lin's constant raving about the Knicks organization, his calling Dantonio an absolute offensive genius as the real deal. Im optimistic its easier to live and think that way....feel free to quote me on that.

Now lets hope Melo and Stat mesh right in.

i dont like to think of it as mda making a decision to play lin. that implies that he had other options. once the world knew his clock was expiring he decided to do what he could with the pieces he was given (getting a pg was no longer a possibility, it was win now or get fired). at this point the offense (still without lin) started actually running plays and performed better. i have no explanation for lin getting minutes against boston, but as we all know mda did all he could to keep lin from winning that game single handedly. he is no idiot--from that point on he knew he had to play lin or getting fired would be the least of his worries.

stat - i dont even know why people are acting like theres a chance he wont work with lin. hes as close to nash as stat will ever see. stat, mda, the knicks city dancers, myself, and even the dumbest posters on this site know that having a pg to feed him is the difference between 18 ppg with turnovers and 25 ppg with high efficiency.

melo - the haters are gonna hate no matter what, but i've seen evidence that he has recognized iso will not get him a ring. he's played more team ball lately, evidenced by his large dropoff in average fga/game and someone said he led the team in assists pre-lin. aside from that, logic dictates that he wants a ring more than a scoring title and he knows he can get it through lin.