Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 51920212223242526 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 379

Thread: New York Knicks @ Minnesota Timberwolves 02.11 8:00PM

  1. #361
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    yes, lin is wrong in that he keeps saying he isn't playing that big a part in our 5-0 run. are you saying he's right?

    why does our very short and not very significant win streak protect the team from being imperfect? we won 5 games without stat and melo for most of that stretch. since youre basically saying we cant get any better than we are now should we just let them go?
    No what I am saying now is a few things.....

    1. You are silly to think dantonio lost games on purpose to get the front office to find a PG.......thats just ludicrous

    2. I do not agree that renaldo Balkman should at this present time be getting minutes off the bench.

    3. I 100% know we will get better when Amare and melo return. ( dont be silly and compare them to Balkman ).

    4. I also think Dantonio will continue to make mistakes and I will be pissed...BUT right now I have to put some faith in him as our team is playing unbelievable right now......We all crucified him for the bad....

    This debate started with your sadness about Balkman not getting minutes instead of Walker.....I do not agree with you.....

  2. #362
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    before you say anything else i want you to give me a reasonable explanation for the team not even attempting to get a flowing offense or high % shots with FACTUAL/LOGICAL evidence to support it. i already listed your choices, you just have to pick one and tell me why.
    NOT HAVING A PG!!!!!!!!!
    DANTONIO BEING TOO STUBBORN TO GIVE UP ON TD!!!!!!!
    MELO PLAYING HURT!!!!!!!!
    SHUMP NOT PLAYING HIS ROLE BUT INSTEAD BEING ASKED TO PLAY PG WHICH HE IS NOT......

    I think we agree........Do not let Dantonio being stubborn confuse you with the illogical thought that he wanted to lose on purpose....

  3. #363
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    No what I am saying now is a few things.....

    1. You are silly to think dantonio lost games on purpose to get the front office to find a PG.......thats just ludicrous

    2. I do not agree that renaldo Balkman should at this present time be getting minutes off the bench.

    3. I 100% know we will get better when Amare and melo return. ( dont be silly and compare them to Balkman ).

    4. I also think Dantonio will continue to make mistakes and I will be pissed...BUT right now I have to put some faith in him as our team is playing unbelievable right now......We all crucified him for the bad....

    This debate started with your sadness about Balkman not getting minutes instead of Walker.....I do not agree with you.....
    1) they purposely kept lin off the court even though many people on here knew playing him was the best thing for the team, so its not impossible, nor was it stated as fact so you really shouldnt fixate on it that much.

    2) how do you suggest we solve the issues of lin playing way too much and walker chucking/turning the ball over? (hint: play the guys on the bench, especially those that wont go 3-16 in a two game stretch)

    3) nobody compared amare and melo to balkman. your logic (calling it logic is the biggest compliment anyone will ever give you) in that our success means we dont need to change anything implied that we couldnt/didnt need to get better. if thats true, why not save 40 mil a year? (hint: just admit that the team could get better despite a 5 game win streak)

    4) you're obviously not going to agree that hustle on defense and the glass is as (or more) important than the defense knowing youre gonna chuck threes so just drop the balkman/walker thing

  4. #364
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    NOT HAVING A PG!!!!!!!!!
    DANTONIO BEING TOO STUBBORN TO GIVE UP ON TD!!!!!!!
    MELO PLAYING HURT!!!!!!!!
    SHUMP NOT PLAYING HIS ROLE BUT INSTEAD BEING ASKED TO PLAY PG WHICH HE IS NOT......

    I think we agree........Do not let Dantonio being stubborn confuse you with the illogical thought that he wanted to lose on purpose....
    LOL you just said logic.

    toney isnt a pg, i'll give you that. but to imply that because he should be playing a different position, the other four guys on the floor cannot move without the ball, set screens, etc is ILLOGICAL

    Melo has been hurt, youre right again! (2 for 34, you could be getting minutes over walker) that does not keep him from attempting to involve the other 4 guys on the court or moving without the ball.

    WHY was there no EFFORT (read: not synonomous with success) to run plays, move without the ball, and create high % shots?

    let me make this even simpler for you.

    Do you think D'Antoni called plays or not? (there are only two answers to this one)

    If you answered yes to the first question:
    Do you thinkt he players ignored his wishes to run plays? (see above)

  5. #365
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    1) they purposely kept lin off the court even though many people on here knew playing him was the best thing for the team, so its not impossible, nor was it stated as fact so you really shouldnt fixate on it that much.

    2) how do you suggest we solve the issues of lin playing way too much and walker chucking/turning the ball over? (hint: play the guys on the bench, especially those that wont go 3-16 in a two game stretch)

    3) nobody compared amare and melo to balkman. your logic (calling it logic is the biggest compliment anyone will ever give you) in that our success means we dont need to change anything implied that we couldnt/didnt need to get better. if thats true, why not save 40 mil a year? (hint: just admit that the team could get better despite a 5 game win streak)

    4) you're obviously not going to agree that hustle on defense and the glass is as (or more) important than the defense knowing youre gonna chuck threes so just drop the balkman/walker thing

    Answer this with your ramblings....

    1. YES OR NO.....Do you believe Dantonio lost games on purpose in order to get the front office try and secure a PG ?

    2. Fact is we won 5 games in a row. Yes we our players were worn down. Now Stat and Melo come back ...problem solved....
    Brown, Thomas and Karl also did not see the value in Balkman that u clearly see.....AND AGAIN I am a fan of Balkman.....JUST DID NOT THINK HE NEEDED TO GET MINUTES,

  6. #366
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    LOL you just said logic.

    toney isnt a pg, i'll give you that. but to imply that because he should be playing a different position, the other four guys on the floor cannot move without the ball, set screens, etc is ILLOGICAL

    Melo has been hurt, youre right again! (2 for 34, you could be getting minutes over walker) that does not keep him from attempting to involve the other 4 guys on the court or moving without the ball.

    WHY was there no EFFORT (read: not synonomous with success) to run plays, move without the ball, and create high % shots?

    let me make this even simpler for you.

    Do you think D'Antoni called plays or not? (there are only two answers to this one)

    If you answered yes to the first question:
    Do you thinkt he players ignored his wishes to run plays? (see above)
    Yes I think he drew plays and the Knicks did not execute or his plays failed.
    Again Dantonio is very stubborn and I do think that got in the way.

    You are accusing an NBA COACH OF LOSING GAMES ON PURPOSE JUST FOR A TRADE TO HAPPEN.......Thats Moronic.

  7. #367
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Answer this with your ramblings....

    1. YES OR NO.....Do you believe Dantonio lost games on purpose in order to get the front office try and secure a PG ?

    2. Fact is we won 5 games in a row. Yes we our players were worn down. Now Stat and Melo come back ...problem solved....
    Brown, Thomas and Karl also did not see the value in Balkman that u clearly see.....AND AGAIN I am a fan of Balkman.....JUST DID NOT THINK HE NEEDED TO GET MINUTES,
    i think its very possible that a guy who always had a pg, and is known as a mastermind with pgs, did not see the point in trying to win without one.

    the team either can get better or it cant. if it can, we need to discuss how bad someone can be and still deserve minutes. i dont see why someone that shoots 3-16 and commits fouls, travels etc is SO much better than someone who hustles on defense and boards (even if he never crosses half court and only plays defense) to the point where we cant even consider switching them for 5-10 minutes.

  8. #368
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Yes I think he drew plays and the Knicks did not execute or his plays failed.
    Again Dantonio is very stubborn and I do think that got in the way.

    You are accusing an NBA COACH OF LOSING GAMES ON PURPOSE JUST FOR A TRADE TO HAPPEN.......Thats Moronic.
    youre accusing players of ignoring the same person who you said cannot be questioned because he is the coach and knows more than anyone, even though it leads to terrible fg%, lower scoring, and losses. what player wants that? you havent given me a reason for dantoni to want to remain in ny without a pg.

  9. #369
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    youre accusing players of ignoring the same person who you said cannot be questioned because he is the coach and knows more than anyone, even though it leads to terrible fg%, lower scoring, and losses. what player wants that? you havent given me a reason for dantoni to want to remain in ny without a pg.
    5 million and his reputation. People also like to succeed.

  10. #370
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    i think its very possible that a guy who always had a pg, and is known as a mastermind with pgs, did not see the point in trying to win without one.

    the team either can get better or it cant. if it can, we need to discuss how bad someone can be and still deserve minutes. i dont see why someone that shoots 3-16 and commits fouls, travels etc is SO much better than someone who hustles on defense and boards (even if he never crosses half court and only plays defense) to the point where we cant even consider switching them for 5-10 minutes.
    SIMPLE YES OR NO....

    do u think Danntnio lost games and was tanking the season on purpose ?
    such a simple yes/no question

  11. #371
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    5 million and his reputation. People also like to succeed.
    doesnt he get at least a large portion of what was owed to him if he gets fired before his deal is up? besides, it would be laughable to say he NEEDS this years salary after being an nba coach as long as he has. guess what....if he gets fired now or isnt brough back at the end of the season his reputation takes a hit, almost no difference there. if his plan succeeded he makes way more money, his reputation skyrockets, and guess what, we succeed. maybe youre just being narrowminded and short sighted on purpose because you want me to be wrong, or maybe your mind is really that weak that you cant process what could happen in a couple weeks. stop getting caught up on the bad start and see the big picture. before lin this team had absolutely no chance at winning a title as currently constructed. now that we have one, mda can work his magic. he knew exactly what he needed to get it done.

    have you seen the wire? someone as simple minded as you may think mcnulty was just obsessive or a sick ****, but his plan, as ****ed up as it was, did exactly what he wanted which was to give the police force the resources they needed to do their job. the act of altering crime scenes in a vacuum is sickening, but if you look at the big picture he's a hero and chris partlow is in jail for a long time.

  12. #372
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    doesnt he get at least a large portion of what was owed to him if he gets fired before his deal is up? besides, it would be laughable to say he NEEDS this years salary after being an nba coach as long as he has. guess what....if he gets fired now or isnt brough back at the end of the season his reputation takes a hit, almost no difference there. if his plan succeeded he makes way more money, his reputation skyrockets, and guess what, we succeed. maybe youre just being narrowminded and short sighted on purpose because you want me to be wrong, or maybe your mind is really that weak that you cant process what could happen in a couple weeks. stop getting caught up on the bad start and see the big picture. before lin this team had absolutely no chance at winning a title as currently constructed. now that we have one, mda can work his magic. he knew exactly what he needed to get it done.

    have you seen the wire? someone as simple minded as you may think mcnulty was just obsessive or a sick ****, but his plan, as ****ed up as it was, did exactly what he wanted which was to give the police force the resources they needed to do their job. the act of altering crime scenes in a vacuum is sickening, but if you look at the big picture he's a hero and chris partlow is in jail for a long time.


    AMAZIN.....U are giving the mind of Mike Dantonio much too much credit....its an interesting take you present but I just dont see Dantonio in that same complexed thinking of an individual as you do,,,,,

    at this point if you could fire danotnio would U ? and if yes replace with who...

  13. #373
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    AMAZIN.....U are giving the mind of Mike Dantonio much too much credit....its an interesting take you present but I just dont see Dantonio in that same complexed thinking of an individual as you do,,,,,

    at this point if you could fire danotnio would U ? and if yes replace with who...
    is this you giving up? cause i was ready to keep goin til my 930am class tomorrow or we cured your retardation, whichever came first

    i've said this a couple times and i hope i dont have to keep saying it. we brought mda in with the plan to have him coach a complete team with elite talent, potent offense, and at least an iota of defense. we did not bring him in to coach nate robinson or eddy curry or toney douglas. when stat and melo return it will be the first time he's had a starting 5 that could win a title (knock on wood). if baron can be at least a 10 minute guy we'll have a really good or elite starter at every position and someone not terrible to back each of them up. if he cant at least get to the ecf with this team i'll consider whether it was because of talent or strategy/morale/etc. before he has a chance with melo stat ty and a pg we really cant say he failed at what he was brought in for.

  14. #374
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    is this you giving up? cause i was ready to keep goin til my 930am class tomorrow or we cured your retardation, whichever came first

    i've said this a couple times and i hope i dont have to keep saying it. we brought mda in with the plan to have him coach a complete team with elite talent, potent offense, and at least an iota of defense. we did not bring him in to coach nate robinson or eddy curry or toney douglas. when stat and melo return it will be the first time he's had a starting 5 that could win a title (knock on wood). if baron can be at least a 10 minute guy we'll have a really good or elite starter at every position and someone not terrible to back each of them up. if he cant at least get to the ecf with this team i'll consider whether it was because of talent or strategy/morale/etc. before he has a chance with melo stat ty and a pg we really cant say he failed at what he was brought in for.
    I was sick all day and now feeling better but u did keep me busy.......
    I am sure I will be able to recognize you at the games you will be the one with the I LOVE BALKMAN sign.....

  15. #375
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    is this you giving up? cause i was ready to keep goin til my 930am class tomorrow or we cured your retardation, whichever came first

    i've said this a couple times and i hope i dont have to keep saying it. we brought mda in with the plan to have him coach a complete team with elite talent, potent offense, and at least an iota of defense. we did not bring him in to coach nate robinson or eddy curry or toney douglas. when stat and melo return it will be the first time he's had a starting 5 that could win a title (knock on wood). if baron can be at least a 10 minute guy we'll have a really good or elite starter at every position and someone not terrible to back each of them up. if he cant at least get to the ecf with this team i'll consider whether it was because of talent or strategy/morale/etc. before he has a chance with melo stat ty and a pg we really cant say he failed at what he was brought in for.

    For the record you never answered the simple YES OR NO ....

    Which makes me realize that you really do not believe that Dantonio lost games on purpose......and better yes he purposely did not put Balkman in the games in fear he would be so good we would win and then ruin your conspiracy theory.

Similar Threads

  1. the PO
    By 6thman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2012, 20:10
  2. These Knicks May not be together Much Longer
    By Oakman88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2011, 09:03
  3. Christmas Day: Bulls @ Knicks
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Dec 26, 2010, 11:41
  4. Chad Ford: Knicks Pitch To LBJ
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 27, 2010, 00:47
  5. Sacramento Kings vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/2/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2008, 15:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •