Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shump is quietly doing his thing the past few games

Dantoni making in game adjustments

Shumperts gonna be like a bigger better version of Toney Douglas that has a good offensive game

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Shumperts gonna be like a bigger better version of Toney Douglas that has a good offensive game
    dont ever compare shump to that abomination

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Knicks have allowed 23 4th Q points in their last 2 games combined. Iman Shumpert is Bruce Bowen with an offensive game. - isola

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    lol i mean he is kinda like toney, except hes better at everything, bigger and faster

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    lol i mean he is kinda like toney, except hes better at everything, bigger and faster
    Nah he really reminds me of a toney allen but with the ability to score more.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Lmao why'd you call Toney Allen an abomination, on a serious note Allen may be the best perimeter defender right now Kobe even said so.

I think Shump has the potential to be a bigger more athletic TD on the defensive end with how relentless and aggressive he is and offensively he's already a better player than Allen.

At 2.2 steals per game Shumpert is currently 4th in the NBA in steals. He also doesn't make many silly fouls which is rare and impressive for a rookie. His steal and dunk today were so huge you know that really got the Knicks pumped for those final plays, Chandler and STAT stepping up on defense, Chandler getting that offensive tip and finally Lin hitting the game winner.

After 5 games of great defense Lin looked troubled by all the good screens that Toronto were throwing at him to get Calderon open. Every time he went under he got burned on the jumper and when he went over he couldn't keep up. Shumpert is just so strong at getting through screens and with such long arms he can bother shots a lot easier than Lin. It's great to have a guard that when Lin struggles can come to help. Fields is a good defender too but not as fast as Shumpert so he can't often switch onto PG's.

On the comparison to Tony Allen there's no shame in your defense being compared to him, he is an elite defending guard.

I wonder if it was mikes plan to put him on Calderón in the 4th.. Shump doesn't get too tired and the craptors can't adjust.

Veteran

IDK^^ but I was screaming at the teli like mad for him to make that move sooner...Shump is a pesky defender and has that ability to frustrate any PG. I really like how he plays in the 4th.

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    No more Toney!

Superstar

Love the way Shump plays on defense. His arms are so long and fast that its so hard to get comfortable dribbling the ball around him. Definitely great at disrupting any early offense.

His offense is definitely a work in progress though. I'm not sure what you all think, but he doesn't seem to have a great first step. His overall speed is good, but he can't shift gears the way Lin does. That combined with a ordinary handle makes it hard for him to get past a decent defender who is ready for him. He also doesn't seem to like contact.

If he can fix a few flaws on offense, this guy can be a beast, but I already love him.