Shump is quietly doing his thing the past few games

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
ehh its close but Brooks and shump are in different positions. Brooks is the second scorer on a team with a top PG So he is going to score. Shump is going to be a defensive/scoring off the bench SG who will likely evolve into the knicks future 6th man. I mean his game has improved off the bench and playing SG significantly. Also this video should be a highlight real.

like a dog chasing the mail man.....amazing how hard he worked for that ball. i almost forgot about this play because of his scoring.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Shump's defense on Calderon in the 4th was what won us the game. Calderon was absolutely getting all of his shots for the first three quarters.

Props to MDA for putting in Shump on Calderon.

Forrest17

Rotation player
I gotta thank Donnie for Shump... great pick-up

Thank god we didn't draft Kenneth Farried like everyone wanted

Rondo murdered us in the play offs last year, he just drove to the basket and did lay ups and no one could D him up.

Donnie was really smart to draft him knowing an athletic defending guard was one of our biggest needs.

Thank god we didn't draft Kenneth Farried like everyone wanted

Rondo murdered us in the play offs last year, he just drove to the basket and did lay ups and no one could D him up.

Donnie was really smart to draft him knowing an athletic defending guard was one of our biggest needs.

Shump Master Locked Calderon in the 4th. No way we win without his defensive contributions...

ehh its close but Brooks and shump are in different positions. Brooks is the second scorer on a team with a top PG So he is going to score. Shump is going to be a defensive/scoring off the bench SG who will likely evolve into the knicks future 6th man. I mean his game has improved off the bench and playing SG significantly. Also this video should be a highlight real.

Pure hustle right there.

metrocard

Legend
Knicks have allowed 23 4th Q points in their last 2 games combined. Iman Shumpert is Bruce Bowen with an offensive game. - isola

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
dont ever compare shump to that abomination

Lmao why'd you call Toney Allen an abomination, on a serious note Allen may be the best perimeter defender right now Kobe even said so.

I think Shump has the potential to be a bigger more athletic TD on the defensive end with how relentless and aggressive he is and offensively he's already a better player than Allen.

smokes

Huge Member
At 2.2 steals per game Shumpert is currently 4th in the NBA in steals. He also doesn't make many silly fouls which is rare and impressive for a rookie. His steal and dunk today were so huge you know that really got the Knicks pumped for those final plays, Chandler and STAT stepping up on defense, Chandler getting that offensive tip and finally Lin hitting the game winner.

After 5 games of great defense Lin looked troubled by all the good screens that Toronto were throwing at him to get Calderon open. Every time he went under he got burned on the jumper and when he went over he couldn't keep up. Shumpert is just so strong at getting through screens and with such long arms he can bother shots a lot easier than Lin. It's great to have a guard that when Lin struggles can come to help. Fields is a good defender too but not as fast as Shumpert so he can't often switch onto PG's.

On the comparison to Tony Allen there's no shame in your defense being compared to him, he is an elite defending guard.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I wonder if it was mikes plan to put him on Calder?n in the 4th.. Shump doesn't get too tired and the craptors can't adjust.

IDK^^ but I was screaming at the teli like mad for him to make that move sooner...Shump is a pesky defender and has that ability to frustrate any PG. I really like how he plays in the 4th.