Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Thread: Shump is quietly doing his thing the past few games

  1. #16
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    20 pts 4 steals (yup) 2 ast off the bench and is not in the All Rookie game!!

  2. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    4 steals and prob just as many strips that other guys came up with. he's a freak.

  3. #18
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    20 pts 4 steals (yup) 2 ast off the bench and is not in the All Rookie game!!
    It's a snub probably based on his bad performance in the nationally televised games. We k ow he was a SG playing out of position, however the assistant coaches who vote on this only know name brand players and stat lines.

    Right now I say he and marshon Brooks are the best SG's out of their class. Even though Thompson and burks went ahead of them.

  4. #19
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    It's a snub probably based on his bad performance in the nationally televised games. We k ow he was a SG playing out of position, however the assistant coaches who vote on this only know name brand players and stat lines.

    Right now I say he and marshon Brooks are the best SG's out of their class. Even though Thompson and burks went ahead of them.
    In my opinion he is a step above Brooks due to Brooks being pretty much 1 dimensional...he's a flat out scorer

    Its like comparing Vinnie Johnson to Joe Dumars!

  5. #20
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    In my opinion he is a step above Brooks due to Brooks being pretty much 1 dimensional...he's a flat out scorer

    Its like comparing Vinnie Johnson to Joe Dumars!
    ehh its close but Brooks and shump are in different positions. Brooks is the second scorer on a team with a top PG So he is going to score. Shump is going to be a defensive/scoring off the bench SG who will likely evolve into the knicks future 6th man. I mean his game has improved off the bench and playing SG significantly. Also this video should be a highlight real.


  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    ehh its close but Brooks and shump are in different positions. Brooks is the second scorer on a team with a top PG So he is going to score. Shump is going to be a defensive/scoring off the bench SG who will likely evolve into the knicks future 6th man. I mean his game has improved off the bench and playing SG significantly. Also this video should be a highlight real.

    like a dog chasing the mail man.....amazing how hard he worked for that ball. i almost forgot about this play because of his scoring.

  7. #22

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    20 pts 4 steals (yup) 2 ast off the bench and is not in the All Rookie game!!
    As much of an honor as it is, I'd rather Lin get rest. If the Knicks win a title this year, maybe he can start in the Sophmore game.

  8. #23
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Shump DPY!

  9. #24
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I gotta thank Donnie for Shump... great pick-up

  10. #25
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    he shut down Calderon for damn near a whole quarter after dude was having a great game....

  11. #26
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Shump For 2nd Team All-defense!!!

  12. #27
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Shump's defense on Calderon in the 4th was what won us the game. Calderon was absolutely getting all of his shots for the first three quarters.

    Props to MDA for putting in Shump on Calderon.

  13. #28
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    I gotta thank Donnie for Shump... great pick-up
    Thank god we didn't draft Kenneth Farried like everyone wanted

    Rondo murdered us in the play offs last year, he just drove to the basket and did lay ups and no one could D him up.

    Donnie was really smart to draft him knowing an athletic defending guard was one of our biggest needs.

  14. #29
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Forrest17
    Thank god we didn't draft Kenneth Farried like everyone wanted

    Rondo murdered us in the play offs last year, he just drove to the basket and did lay ups and no one could D him up.

    Donnie was really smart to draft him knowing an athletic defending guard was one of our biggest needs.
    Shump Master Locked Calderon in the 4th. No way we win without his defensive contributions...

  15. #30
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    ehh its close but Brooks and shump are in different positions. Brooks is the second scorer on a team with a top PG So he is going to score. Shump is going to be a defensive/scoring off the bench SG who will likely evolve into the knicks future 6th man. I mean his game has improved off the bench and playing SG significantly. Also this video should be a highlight real.

    Pure hustle right there.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 119
    Last Post: Apr 06, 2011, 20:34
  2. Replies: 65
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2010, 20:02
  3. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 21:10
  4. Crawford?
    By chaos147 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2008, 18:45
  5. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •