Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Steve Novak (aka) the sniper

Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    A big reason why our set plays out of timeouts have improved so much.

Made some clutch shots and gives us another genuine outside threat.

As if that isn't enough he's now stealing off Pau!
    dude i think that was the funniest part of the game for me. pau looked like the no life virgin good girl asian kid that studies for 3 hours and gets a b+.

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    I am so glad that he is a knick and major props goes out to him not just for tonight but for showing up huge every time he gets on the floor.He is one guy out there that when he shoots the ball you know for sure that its got a great chance of going in the basket.

Lin deserves all the credit in the world but Novak deserves some too b/c he is another reason they have won five in a row.
    Many people have been saying that we need sharp shooters, especially the way Mike D runs his offense. Mike D lets his team jock outside shots so I would rather have Novak doing it then anyone else on this team.

Novak has to now be in the rotation permanently. That clutch 3 against the T Wolves was impressive and he still hits these long bombs every game from really deep like Gallo would do.

When Amare comes back it will be really interesting to see how Novak gets his minutes, as he must. Amare will start with either Jorts or Jeffries backing him up I presume. Whoever doesn`t back up Amare out of Jorts and Jeffries will probably back up Tyson.

So, where does Novak get his minutes? Maybe as the guy who comes off the bench for `Melo? I`d rather him than Bill, the travel machine, Walker. What do you gents think?

Originally Posted by Scipio
    When Amare comes back it will be really interesting to see how Novak gets his minutes, as he must. Amare will start with either Jorts or Jeffries backing him up I presume. Whoever doesn`t back up Amare out of Jorts and Jeffries will probably back up Tyson.

So, where does Novak get his minutes? Maybe as the guy who comes off the bench for `Melo? I`d rather him than Bill, the travel machine, Walker. What do you gents think?
    Novak should get minutes with Amare. The reason Jeffries plays with Amare is not only because he helps on defense but because the center has to guard Amare. Amare destroys centers due to his quickness.

With Novak, Amare has spacing. Novak will draw the PF outside, Amare has only one man to beat, which is usually a slow center.

So Novak should get minutes. Role player minutes....10-18 minutes a game.

If I was MDA once the team is healthy I'd split I'd have both Novak and Jorts be the back up 4 and choose which one should play based on matchups or something.

I'd have Jeffries be the back up 5 most of the time with Amare playing the 5 occasionally

PF
    Amare/Jorts/Novak

C
    Chandler/Jeffries/Amare

I think thats a good 5 man rotation in the post since I think all these players deserves to get some minutes.

And I agree with Paul1355 about playing Novak at the 4 when Amare is playing the 5

Novak is the most underrated 3 Point shooter in the NBA.
    Hope he signed to a good extension this summer.

the only problem i thought novak would cause is his lack of defense but he has played very solid defense when he is on the floor other than that he fits in perfectly with the flow of the offense

definitely a big reason weve been so good as of late.

His consistent outside shooting was much needed.

glad to have him

Veteran

Novak should be playing because he us the answer go this question.

Q: If the game is tied or the Knicks are down by 3 in the last 20 seconds who do you want taking the last shot Carmelo Anthony or Steve Novak?

A: Steve Novak

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    If I was MDA once the team is healthy I'd split I'd have both Novak and Jorts be the back up 4 and choose which one should play based on matchups or something.

I'd have Jeffries be the back up 5 most of the time with Amare playing the 5 occasionally

PF
    Amare/Jorts/Novak

C
    Chandler/Jeffries/Amare

I think thats a good 5 man rotation in the post since I think all these players deserves to get some minutes.

And I agree with Paul1355 about playing Novak at the 4 when Amare is playing the 5
    I think we should try and pick up a veteran center like Pryzbilla just in case one game Amare or Jeffries fouls out and were short on big men. You never wanna be short on centers.

Originally Posted by tiger0330

Q: If the game is tied or the Knicks are down by 3 in the last 20 seconds who do you want taking the last shot Carmelo Anthony or Steve Novak?

Noooooooooooooooo lol.

BUT it allows us to run distraction plays where Melo drives and Novak runs out behind him and is open at the 3.

Imagine this play with Amare or Melo driving

Originally Posted by tiger0330

I would have to say Novak also b/c when he sets his feet you can count the basket b/c it is going in.

Superstar

Melo will get the ball most of the time at the end of games. Thats a no brainer and its pretty much already settled. In terms of ability, Melo has a lot more options on what he can do on offense than almost any other player in the league.

I'm a Novak fan also. People forget he's actually getting better and better defensively as well. Getting some important rebounds too.

Superstar

Originally Posted by iJoe
    Melo will get the ball most of the time at the end of games. Thats a no brainer and its pretty much already settled. In terms of ability, Melo has a lot more options on what he can do on offense than almost any other player in the league.

I'm a Novak fan also. People forget he's actually getting better and better defensively as well. Getting some important rebounds too.
    Nice post Joe...I agree, Melo still gets those shots at the end of the game. Unless we straight up need a 3 to tie -- the way Novak's looked, I wouldn't mind him taking that shot either if we could get him a good look.

And he has gotten a little better out there defensively and on the glass. He'll never be great in these areas but he's not embarrassing himself either...Novak actually looks like he has a clue out there -- he plays smart basketball and you can tell he's got a nice feel for the game out there...Another thing I like a lot is listening to him on an interview...Very impressive the few times I've listened to him talk...For those that have heard him a couple of times on the post-game with Tina, tell me he doesn't sound like a future coach or announcer. Well-spoken, articulate, smart, confident, sounds like a tremendous team player and he's got some charm to him --- I see a future coach or NBA announcer here, maybe even a lead/play-by-play guy, who knows..He'd definitely make for a great color sidekick on a broadcast...Some guys just have that extra something when it comes to communicating and this guy does...In the meantime, keep making those 3s brother!!!! What an awesome shooter --- I got my arms up in the air everytime he lets it go!!!

Veteran

RunningJ should rename this the Official Steve Novak thread and it should be made a sticky or bumped and bumped to the top of the thread list. Steve Novak is god, while Melo and Stat are mere humans sharing his glory.