Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 110

Thread: Steve Novak (aka) the sniper

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Real Talk....since Allen Houston great peremeter performance Steve Novak is the real-deal....all those wanna-be 3-ball shooters we had in the past decade none match-up to Steve Novak defense, quick movement without the ball, or the many different catch n shoot style from the left/right side of the court.

    I already have the "trio" of players who earned their way into this so-call 2nd unit everyone keep mentioning....rookie Shump, Jefferies, annnd Steve Novak, their chemistry is outstanding....I havnt found the next two players in that lineup because of Jeremy Lin & Tyson Chandler fit so damn well in that lineup. Adding another rookie (Jorts or Jordan) to the lineup will mess things up because Dantoni didnt give out playintime to Jorts & Shump, or Jordan & Shump.

  2. #32
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,040
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Real Talk....since Allen Houston great peremeter performance Steve Novak is the real-deal....all those wanna-be 3-ball shooters we had in the past decade none match-up to Steve Novak defense, quick movement without the ball, or the many different catch n shoot style from the left/right side of the court.

    I already have the "trio" of players who earned their way into this so-call 2nd unit everyone keep mentioning....rookie Shump, Jefferies, annnd Steve Novak, their chemistry is outstanding....I havnt found the next two players in that lineup because of Jeremy Lin & Tyson Chandler fit so damn well in that lineup. Adding another rookie (Jorts or Jordan) to the lineup will mess things up because Dantoni didnt give out playintime to Jorts & Shump, or Jordan & Shump.
    I also like Baron playing with Novak, he seems to be putting a lot of effort into getting him open.

  3. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    20

    Question Mark

    Here is the bummer....I see players value increasing game after game for the
    rest of the season under headcoach Mike Woodson (5th or 6th seed)....will we
    find away to resign Lin, Fields, Novak, Jefferies, and Davis?

    I know owner Dolan buys quick into rising stock, the media already sold Dolan
    on buying Jeremy Lin, but could Grunwald sell him on the rest of the players?

  4. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    [QUOTE=Kiyaman;220401]Here is the bummer....I see players value increasing game after game for the
    rest of the season under headcoach Mike Woodson (5th or 6th seed)....will we
    find away to resign Lin, Fields, Novak, Jefferies, and Davis?


    I think its almost impossible.....
    Davis 100% no......which is ok with me based on injury issues..
    Lin and Fields we are allowed over the cap.....
    So probably Novak or Jeffries.....tough call....
    hopefully we can move TD for some cap release....
    U think Melo or Amare will give some back

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    re-negotiations cannot be done.

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,929
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Here is the bummer....I see players value increasing game after game for the
    rest of the season under headcoach Mike Woodson (5th or 6th seed)....will we
    find away to resign Lin, Fields, Novak, Jefferies, and Davis?

    I know owner Dolan buys quick into rising stock, the media already sold Dolan
    on buying Jeremy Lin, but could Grunwald sell him on the rest of the players?
    5th or 6th seed at this point would be an astounding turnaround. Knicks would need to go 17-5 the rest of the way to reach to reach the .560 level the 5/6 seed are at right now.

    If the Knicks are able to do it, they should have fired D'Antoni months ago. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. 2 W's often happen when you get a coaching change. We have the talent for sure to go 17-5 but that hasn't kept us from having 2 six game losing streaks either.

    Talk of resigning any of these guys now is moot because the team has underperformed, if the season ends right now, you would reassess and make big changes. Even if the Knicks pull off this turnaround and get the 5/6 seed. Lin has come back to earth and might not command the whole MLE any longer, JJ has not increased his value, still a defensive specialist that can't shoot, Landry has had a poor year shooting the ball and the Knicks could let him go and Novak might deserve a raise but he has always been a 3 pt specialist being paid a vet minimum for his whole career and he's not going to get a 20M/4 year contract from anyone.

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Can we talk about Mr. Novak again?

    This guy seems like another Jeremy Lin. I was just reading more about his bio and his college career seems excellent. Then he gets to the NBA and doesn't get off the bench.

    His sharp shooting abilities have been unbelievable. Be honest when watching the game Novak's shot behind the arc makes you believe it is going to go in more than any other player. He is simply unreal.

    Right now I think he is the #1 3 point shooter in the NBA. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    He has been hitting 48.2% on around 5 shots per game. Ray Allen comes close to this...

    I just wanted to give a thumbs up for this unsung hero.

  8. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickscity
    re-negotiations cannot be done.
    I was kidding

  9. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    5th or 6th seed at this point would be an astounding turnaround. Knicks would need to go 17-5 the rest of the way to reach to reach the .560 level the 5/6 seed are at right now.

    If the Knicks are able to do it, they should have fired D'Antoni months ago. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. 2 W's often happen when you get a coaching change. We have the talent for sure to go 17-5 but that hasn't kept us from having 2 six game losing streaks either.

    Talk of resigning any of these guys now is moot because the team has underperformed, if the season ends right now, you would reassess and make big changes. Even if the Knicks pull off this turnaround and get the 5/6 seed. Lin has come back to earth and might not command the whole MLE any longer, JJ has not increased his value, still a defensive specialist that can't shoot, Landry has had a poor year shooting the ball and the Knicks could let him go and Novak might deserve a raise but he has always been a 3 pt specialist being paid a vet minimum for his whole career and he's not going to get a 20M/4 year contract from anyone.
    5th or 6th......Lets hope we make the playoffs....Right now the Bucks have the easiest schedule of any potential playoff team in the East,,,,,,,,,,,we need teams to lose.......So yes we control alot of our destiny but we are not in full control....we will be so dangerous in the playoffs....

  10. #40
    Member Nyknicks141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bay Ridge, Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    5th or 6th......Lets hope we make the playoffs....Right now the Bucks have the easiest schedule of any potential playoff team in the East,,,,,,,,,,,we need teams to lose.......So yes we control alot of our destiny but we are not in full control....we will be so dangerous in the playoffs....
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but can't we also simply win the division and find ourselves in the 4th seed spot? we're only 4.5? games back of Philly which is far from impossible.

  11. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,929
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Nyknicks141
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but can't we also simply win the division and find ourselves in the 4th seed spot? we're only 4.5? games back of Philly which is far from impossible.
    You are correct.

  12. #42
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Nyknicks141
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but can't we also simply win the division and find ourselves in the 4th seed spot? we're only 4.5? games back of Philly which is far from impossible.
    easier said than done we would have to make a big run, and philly would have to go into a slump. 3-0 start is not half bad, but were not even at 500 if we can continue this streak pass 500 and philly starts losing we can accomplish it

    I think we will be the 7th seed and see Miami in the first round when its all said and done. No way in hell are the Celtics getting pass April with alot of wins there schedule is way to tough and there pretty old & injury prone

  13. #43
    Member Nyknicks141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bay Ridge, Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    easier said than done we would have to make a big run, and philly would have to go into a slump. 3-0 start is not half bad, but were not even at 500 if we can continue this streak pass 500 and philly starts losing we can accomplish it

    I think we will be the 7th seed and see Miami in the first round when its all said and done. No way in hell are the Celtics getting pass April with alot of wins there schedule is way to tough and there pretty old & injury prone

    I think i'd rather be the 8th seed and play chicago. I feel like they are a one weapon team, everyone else can be stopped. I feel like Miami are a more dangerous team.

  14. #44
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,040
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    We're not losing a game the rest of the season.

  15. #45
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You want to avoid Miami or Chicago in the first round so 6th seed would certainly be nice. We can certainly get there but right now we just have to get some wins and get some space between us and Milwaukee for the 8th seed.

Similar Threads

  1. Steve Novak to join Knicks?
    By StarksOverJordan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Dec 24, 2011, 14:49
  2. Steve Nash: My Next Stop is NY
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jun 12, 2009, 12:08
  3. Steve Nash, your 2010 starting PG?
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Nov 24, 2008, 21:17
  4. Is Steve Nash the Worst Defender in the NBA?
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NBA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 15, 2008, 16:52
  5. Where would you send Steve Francis?
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: Jan 15, 2007, 01:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •