Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Steve Novak (aka) the sniper

Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    That's good news. Although, he disappears under-pressure he still spaces and collapse defense. Now, if Woodson and Novak work on solving that problem to make it an advantage.

And Make him learn how to draw contact. Coach
    Draw contact and learn how to play ANY type of defense. I think Amar'e plays more D than Novak.

Bring novak back

Time to bring this thread back b/c Novak deserves some major props.He can steal drain the three but he just isn't a spot up three point shooter.The man has improved on everything.He can dribble and make his own shot,his defense has really improved and he is even rebounding the ball more. Great job Steve (the sniper) Novak.

PASS HIM THE BALL!!!!

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Time to bring this thread back b/c Novak deserves some major props.He can steal drain the three but he just isn't a spot up three point shooter.The man has improved on everything.He can dribble and make his own shot,his defense has really improved and he is even rebounding the ball more. Great job Steve (the sniper) Novak.

PASS HIM THE BALL!!!!
    Agreed...

He will never be all-world in anything except shooting, but he is showing more effort in other aspects of the game. His defense and rebounding has improve. He can even put the ball on the ground and gather a shot now....

This gives me hope that STAT will change when he returns as well.

In Woody's world no effort = no playing time.

Originally Posted by carlito1171
    Agreed...

He will never be all-world in anything except shooting, but he is showing more effort in other aspects of the game. His defense and rebounding has improve. He can even put the ball on the ground and gather a shot now....

This gives me hope that STAT will change when he returns as well.

In Woody's world no effort = no playing time.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

What games are you watching? No sir, he is still one of the worst defenders in the NBA. He can't guard anyone... just hops around like he's at a rave and flails his arms.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

What games are you watching? No sir, he is still one of the worst defenders in the NBA. He can't guard anyone... just hops around like he's at a rave and flails his arms.
    Man he has gotten better with his defense and rebounding the ball.The knicks announcers have said it since the season started.

Im not saying is the best defensive player or all world remounder in the nba.Im saying he has improved and anybody can see that.

Am i the only one to notice that Novak does not get enough touches when he is on the floor?
    He runs from one side to another trying to lose his defender and many times he is wide opened with opened armes waiting for the ball and nothing. His release is as quick as Reggy Millers i think, so he just needs a split second to catch and shoot.
    I realize that he cant create his own shot, still not a good defender, coach rarely runs plays for him, and he spends a lot of time on the court. Why? If cant find him, you might as well sit him on the bench.
    Shooters like him need to be in a rhythm, but the way they are using him, he is useless most of the time. I know he streaches the floor, but still.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

Dude watch Novak on the court...he will never be a top level defender, he will never even be a mediocre defender, but if you watch him he's playing better help defense, gotten some key steals, and has crashed the boards better. Don't knock the dude's effort geesh!

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    Am i the only one to notice that Novak does not get enough touches when he is on the floor?
    He runs from one side to another trying to lose his defender and many times he is wide opened with opened armes waiting for the ball and nothing. His release is as quick as Reggy Millers i think, so he just needs a split second to catch and shoot.
    I realize that he cant create his own shot, still not a good defender, coach rarely runs plays for him, and he spends a lot of time on the court. Why? If cant find him, you might as well sit him on the bench.
    Shooters like him need to be in a rhythm, but the way they are using him, he is useless most of the time. I know he streaches the floor, but still.
    you are exactly right and it makes me mad to see him wide open and see jr smith shoot the ball with two guarding him. another thing that makes me mad is to watch woodson take novak out instantly when he misses a couple shots and screams at him while novack is walking to the bench.Then he does'nt say a word to smith when he is 2 for 18 and does'nt take him out.What does woodson say to smith is keep shooting.thats not right and not good coaching.

you are exactly right and it makes me mad to see him wide open and see jr smith shoot the ball with two guarding him. another thing that makes me mad is to watch woodson take novak out instantly when he misses a couple shots and screams at him while novack is walking to the bench.Then he does'nt say a word to smith when he is 2 for 18 and does'nt take him out.What does woodson say to smith is keep shooting.thats not right and not good coaching.
    This coach makes a lot of mistakes man. He tells Smith and Felton to keep shooting, stay agressive. Its good to be agressive, but when your shots are not falling, move the ****ing ball. J.R and Felton combined will never be at Novaks level as far as shooting is conserned.

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    This coach makes a lot of mistakes man. He tells Smith and Felton to keep shooting, stay agressive. Its good to be agressive, but when your shots are not falling, move the ****ing ball. J.R and Felton combined will never be at Novaks level as far as shooting is conserned.
    BINGO! You hit the nail on the head man.great post!!

BINGO! You hit the nail on the head man.great post!!
    Excellant point on moving the ball and I was glad to see Copeland given a chance. He can shoot...he can't defend YET. He plays defense with his arms instead of his feet. Defense can be learned...offensive shooting is much harder to learn.

Ummmm....... Steve has been horrible as of late. And I'm talking about when he is WIDE THE HECK OPEN and missing badly. His hustle and defense has gone up. But if I was Woody, I'd bench Novack. Can we trade him somehow??

Don't think trades are a necessity as yet. I'd like to see how STAT affects Novak's game in the 2nd unit.

With Shump coming back and PT tightening, who would we prefer to see ~ Novak or Brewer get more PT than the other? We already know what Woody's preference is out there.

Originally Posted by xk3smith
    Ummmm....... Steve has been horrible as of late. And I'm talking about when he is WIDE THE HECK OPEN and missing badly. His hustle and defense has gone up. But if I was Woody, I'd bench Novack. Can we trade him somehow??
    Trade Novak? come on! Novak was 8=12 going into last nights game so you are far off from your statment about him missing wide open shots.It seems like some on here can't wait to see him have a bad game so they can start saying bench him or trade him.If we are going that route then I say trade JR Smith b/c that guy has done NOTHING.Yeah he will score 25 pts but he will shoot 7 for 31 getting the 25.His defense is worthless and his to's are killing this team.So if we are trading novak then jr smith is right behind him.
    Last edited by WVKnickfan; Dec 18, 2012 at 15:26.