Steve Novak (aka) the sniper

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Correct me if i'm wrong, but can't we also simply win the division and find ourselves in the 4th seed spot? we're only 4.5? games back of Philly which is far from impossible.
easier said than done we would have to make a big run, and philly would have to go into a slump. 3-0 start is not half bad, but were not even at 500 if we can continue this streak pass 500 and philly starts losing we can accomplish it

I think we will be the 7th seed and see Miami in the first round when its all said and done. No way in hell are the Celtics getting pass April with alot of wins there schedule is way to tough and there pretty old & injury prone

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
easier said than done we would have to make a big run, and philly would have to go into a slump. 3-0 start is not half bad, but were not even at 500 if we can continue this streak pass 500 and philly starts losing we can accomplish it

I think we will be the 7th seed and see Miami in the first round when its all said and done. No way in hell are the Celtics getting pass April with alot of wins there schedule is way to tough and there pretty old & injury prone

I think i'd rather be the 8th seed and play chicago. I feel like they are a one weapon team, everyone else can be stopped. I feel like Miami are a more dangerous team.

You want to avoid Miami or Chicago in the first round so 6th seed would certainly be nice. We can certainly get there but right now we just have to get some wins and get some space between us and Milwaukee for the 8th seed.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Novak is a special player for sure. I watch NBA games since 1990, and i honestly think that this guy is the best shooter from 3 point range i have ever seen, period. Every time he shoots, t think its going down.
As far as our chances in the playoffs, i really think we can beat anyone if we play this kind of defence like during last 3 games.
If we are 7th or 8th seed, i would prefer Bulls to Miami, simply beacause its a better match up for us. We definatly can beat them in 7 game series.
I would be conserned about Miami or even Orlando though.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Novak is a special player for sure. I watch NBA games since 1990, and i honestly think that this guy is the best shooter from 3 point range i have ever seen, period. Every time he shoots, t think its going down.

Novak is deadly from the 3's but I'd still take Allan Houston or Reggie Miller over Novak.

iSaYughh

Starter
Let's simmer down now. :lol:

He's a larger, younger Kyle Korver. Which is a pretty great thing, and if his shooting is legit superior to Korver from the behind the arc, Novak could be a key part of a champion team.

But let's simmer down on the greater shooter ever talk, till he has done it for at a couple seasons here with the expanded role he now has.

I will say, I saw him create his own shot a few times the past week and it was pretty damn impressive. But he needs to keep doing it, even as the NBA starts planning him more and more as he keeps beasting and the scouting reports start piling up more.

He does look pure, tho.....:afro:

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
I will say, I saw him create his own shot a few times the past week and it was pretty damn impressive. But he needs to keep doing it, even as the NBA starts planning him more and more as he keeps beasting and the scouting reports start piling up more.

I disagree. We don't need him to be making his own shots - ala Melo.

We need him to stand on the perimeter and be ready to get passes when his defender drops out to guard Lin, Melo or Smith on the drive.

I like that Novak's only move is basically a head fake.

Paul1355

All Star
Novak has been incredible this season.

I mean i wanted us to get him years ago but didnt expect him to be this good.

He is lights out and is def like Ray Allen so i agree with posters saying that. U give him a little room and he drills it.

Novak would be starting if Amare wasn't on this team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Glen Grunwald GM of the century.
His only flaw was not trading Douglas for Jamal Crawford.

u must dont have a clue of what happen to the seasonal .550 record Portland TrailBlazers....
hint: poor-poor decision-making from Crawford & Felton turned the team into losing-Blazers

Kiyaman

Legend
Slow down everyone, this is Steve Novak 6th season in the NBA, the only player Novak beat out of playingtime was Luke Walton, when Phil Jackson wanted a 3-ball threat on the floor.

It looks like Tyson Chandler been working out with Steve Novak to tighten up his peremeter skills somewhat like Dirk, plus u have to add Jefferies into the act of tightening up Novak peremeter-defensive skills, charges, and steals in the passing lane.

I have confidence in a lineup of "Chandler, Jefferies, Novak" much more than our starting frontcourt lineup....one co-exist perfectly on both ends....the other is inconsistent on both ends...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Is he just under contract with the knicks this year only? If so then I really want to see the front office take a big step and sign this guy and keep him a knick with Lin also.

knicksin60

Starter
I have a feeling that Prokhorov is going to offer him a lucrative contract in the offseason just to deliberately weaken the Knicks roster. Nothing makes that guy more happy than snatching players that otherwise would end up with us.