CALLING THE CAP GURUS
I am looking for your expertise on the following scenarios regarding Jeremy Lin's upcoming contractual situation.
Is the following correct?
- Linsatiable agrees to a qualifying offer next year. The following year, he will become a FA able to sign with any team @ X salary over X years.
- Grunwald offers him the average salary of $5M next season, with annual increments of 7.5% over 5 years throughout the prime of his career. PREFERABLE!
- Head Office offer him the MLE for 1 season then he becomes a full Bird rights player and will thus be applicable for max money.
- We can offer the MLE for 2 or 3 seasons and Lin subsequently becomes a Bird Rights contract in this scenario also.
- Grunwald puts the biannual deal on the table next season @ for $1.9M again making Lin a full Bird Rights player.
- Question 1: What if another team were to offer Lin a lucrative deal in the off-season prior to our re-signing of Lin.
- Question 2: Are players able to restructure contracts?
Thank you, good sirs.