When everyone is healthy....

Paul1355

All Star
What should the rotation be?

We have to assume that by all star break Baron Davis and Josh Harrelson will be healthy.

The Knicks are also in the lead to get J.R Smith since they can offer him 2.5 million this year. Smith has a Yankee tattoo on his neck so he is def thinking of NY.

I think once everyone comes back, some moves will be made such as Bibby getting cut and Jerome Jordan going back to the D League being replaced by Harrelson. Douglas might get traded since Mike D has been benching him now that Lin is legit and a true PG. Walker is going to be traded, he has struggled since Lin has emerged, ironically. Walker might be moved in a trade with Douglas. Especially if Smith is signed, say good bye to Walker.

So here is my lineup and bench

Lin
Fields
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Bench: Davis, Novak, Shumpert, Smith?, Harrellson, Jeffries (spot minutes)

Bench lineup:

Davis
Smith
Shumpert
Novak
Harrellson/Jeffries

Baring injury, we have a solid team with depth come playoff time. Dare I say it, but this is a championship team if we have Lin and Davis healthy feeding guys.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Here is what I would like....

Sign J.R. Smith
Trade Bill Walker

C- Tyson
PF- STAT
SF- Melo
SG- Fields
PG- Lin

Bench:
J.R. Smith
Shumpert
Baron
Novak
Jeffries
Jorts
Douglas

Inactives:
Bibby
Balkman

D-League:
Jordan

If we could swap Douglas and Balkman for another strong bench player that would be ideal too. A crafty 11/12th man veteran??

I think a 2nd pairing lineup of Jeffries-Jorts-Smith (He can play SF)- Shump- Davis can be very, very lethal.

Seba

Benchwarmer
I'm thinking about a rotation like this:

Lin -----------30
Fields --------26
Melo ---------36
Amare --------34
Chandler ------32
Davis ---------18
Smith ---------17
Shumpert -----17
Novak ---------8
Harrellson ------8
Jeffries --------14

This is supposing Davis can give us 18 minutes a night, whis is a great if, since he might end up giving us zero. If he plays like he used to, he might even be the starter, so who knows.
Somehow we need to get Bibby and/or Douglas to give us productive minutes. Honestly I don't understand how come Bibby is so burnt that he can not even play 6 minutes a night on a good level. TD can play whatever he wants when/if he gets his level back, which I'm assuming he won't.

Also keep in mind that the big's minutes depend mostly on the fouls during the game, so they are very variable.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Assuming the Knicks land JR

Starters
Lin
Fields
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Bench
Davis
JR
Shumpert
Jeffries
Jorts
Novak

Thats a deep team that has at least one player for like every role you need to win.

I'd like to see a 3 guard lineup of Davis, JR, and Shump with Shump guarding the other teams 6th man whether its a 1,2 or 3. You have JR going off and Baron Davis keep things under control and finding all the other role players in their spots

This team has mad potential I'm not even gonna lie when competely healthy and if Smith signs I like the Knicks chances over even my Lakers

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
What should the rotation be?

We have to assume that by all star break Baron Davis and Josh Harrelson will be healthy.

The Knicks are also in the lead to get J.R Smith since they can offer him 2.5 million this year. Smith has a Yankee tattoo on his neck so he is def thinking of NY.

I think once everyone comes back, some moves will be made such as Bibby getting cut and Jerome Jordan going back to the D League being replaced by Harrelson. Douglas might get traded since Mike D has been benching him now that Lin is legit and a true PG. Walker is going to be traded, he has struggled since Lin has emerged, ironically. Walker might be moved in a trade with Douglas. Especially if Smith is signed, say good bye to Walker.

So here is my lineup and bench

Lin
Fields
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Bench: Davis, Novak, Shumpert, Smith?, Harrellson, Jeffries (spot minutes)

Bench lineup:

Davis
Smith
Shumpert
Novak
Harrellson/Jeffries

Baring injury, we have a solid team with depth come playoff time. Dare I say it, but this is a championship team if we have Lin and Davis healthy feeding guys.

Your right on the money with what the rotation SHOULD look like, but knowing dantoni this is what it wont look like lol.

toney douglas value is beyond low i dont know what we can get for him probably nothing.

If your going to trade TD you have to package him around more than walker

After giving this much thought i cant think of one team in the NBA who would want or need TD.

What are you getting for TD? Matt carroll if your lucky lol

hell

Knicks recieve : boris diaw, matt caroll

Bobcats receive: Td, Jerome, Walker, Bibby

fair enough trash exchange

your new knicks

Lin/baron
Fields/Jr/Carroll
Melo/shump/novak
Stat/Jorts/Diaw
Chandler/jeffries

in other news

CHRIS PAUL IS TRYING TO RECRUIT JR SMITH

LAKERS- ARE LOOKING AT ALLEN IVERSON AS A OPTION

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Shump & Fields has already proved they can handle the 48 minute SG spot in
the rotation for the remainder of this season....signing SG-J.R. Smith now could
do more damage than good.

The Firing of headcoach Dantoni would do the Knicks more good now (after
the 5 game winning-streak) there was no reason why C-Jerome Jordan & SF-
Balkman did not receive any playingtime at the end of a back to back of 4-
games in 6 nights of traveling.

The return of the undefensive Knicks players (PG-Davis, SF-Melo, PF-Stat,
PF-Jorts) should be under a new system design for defense-first....they may
be high profile players but....they need a lot of practice on motion-movement
on offense annnd defense in order to prevent the team from returning to a
non-movement stagnant team.

Real Talk....the Knicks have to take Stat or Melo out of the starting lineup....
Red-Flag....Havoc....WTF is Kiyaman talking about....so what they dont co-exist,
or play defense, or boxout, or pick n screen for their teammates, they are
NBA superstars earning $20M per....they both belong in the starting lineup.

The Knicks only used a 7+ man rotation in the 5 game winning-streak.
That is not a healthy sign when the 7+ man rotation did not show us a
decent backup for C-Tyson Chandler & PG-Lin. When Baron Davis is healthy
will he come off the bench to backup PG-Jeremy Lin? to get familiar with
teammates on the court vs NBA competition?
However, the 5-game 7+ man-rotation did give us a decent backup for SG-
Fields (in Shump), SF-Melo (in Novak), and PF-Stat (in Jefferies), but it gave
us nothing in a backup for our center Tyson Chandler and our D.League
superstar PG-Jeremy Lin....it makes u think of the 2004-7 Phoenix Suns never
having a decent backup for PG-Nash, and never having a center in the lineup
with PF-Stat.

Jefferies & Novak vs Jorts playingtime....

Jefferies team-help-defense has been a huge factor in guiding teammates
on the defensive-end to not just focus on man to man defense.
I been mentioning for years Jefferies is best as a 2nd half player.
Novak has been more focus on screening/picking, running to the 3-ball line
behind a pick to catch n shoot, plus his steady-movement is really best at
the SF position.
Stat needs a backup that didnt pickup bad habits like Jorts non-movement,
poor decision making by standing on the 3-ball line when he should be
screening/picking/drawing small defenders into the paint. Jorts has picked up
way to many bad habits as a bigman by not attacking the glass, and not
boxing-out of the paint does not look good for his career as a 2nd round pick.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
If they get JR Smith, I think the starting lineup should look like this:

Lin
Smith
Anthony
Stoudemire
Chandler

The biggest offensive problem after ball movement this year has been the lack of spacing for Anthony and Stoudemire to make their moves. We need someone who can spread the floor and shoot threes while they are in the lineup. I'm not as high on Fields as I was last year - I think he is smart but not particularly athletic or talented. Shump has more potential, and should get big minutes off the bench. I might even look into trading fields with TD and Walker, and trying to get someone who can create their own shot to come off the bench - a poor man's jamal crawford, basically.

KingCharles34

All Star
I havent seen one that looks good yet...

PG-Lin
SG-Fields
SF-Melo
PF-Harrelson
C-Chandler

Bench: Shumpert, Davis, Novak, Jeffries

Kiyaman

Legend
Your right on the money with what the rotation SHOULD look like, but knowing dantoni this is what it wont look like lol.

toney douglas value is beyond low i dont know what we can get for him probably nothing.

If your going to trade TD you have to package him around more than walker

After giving this much thought i cant think of one team in the NBA who would want or need TD.

What are you getting for TD? Matt carroll if your lucky lol

hell

Knicks recieve : boris diaw, matt caroll

Bobcats receive: Td, Jerome, Walker, Bibby

fair enough trash exchange

your new knicks

Lin/baron
Fields/Jr/Carroll
Melo/shump/novak
Stat/Jorts/Diaw
Chandler/jeffries

in other news

CHRIS PAUL IS TRYING TO RECRUIT JR SMITH

LAKERS- ARE LOOKING AT ALLEN IVERSON AS A OPTION

:2cents::2cents:
Hypothetically....IF the Knicks want to trade Walker & TD it will have to be
a 3 team trade which includes Amare....which is not going to happen.

The Knicks having C-Tyson Chandler, SF-Melo, and PG-Lin in the starting
lineup, they only need a complimentary PF-David Lee and a top SG-Ellis that
will take the double-team away from Melo.
A bench of a 2nd-unit: Shump, Fields, Novak, Jeff, Jordan, and a new
headcoach in Mike Woodson would make the Knicks a 1 to 3 seeded team in the East this season.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I havent seen one that looks good yet...

PG-Lin
SG-Fields
SF-Melo
PF-Harrelson
C-Chandler

Bench: Shumpert, Davis, Novak, Jeffries

where amare at yo?

pg- Lin
sg - Fields

these two must start together for chemestry reasons

sf - melo
pf - Amare
C - Chandler

our front court needs to learn how to gel and become one cohesive unit, they they must play together

bench

Davis
Smith
Shump
Jefferies
Jorts

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
where amare at yo?

pg- Lin
sg - Fields

these two must start together for chemestry reasons

sf - melo
pf - Amare
C - Chandler

our front court needs to learn how to gel and become one cohesive unit, they they must play together

bench

Davis
Smith
Shump
Jefferies
Jorts
that bench would crush half the benches in the NBA

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
lol i started to put that, but ehh i still want to see what baron does first

i laugh when people include him in their roster predictions. and thats coming from an optimist. i don't think we'll be very strong at pg after lin but in an ideal world baron kills it and our bench could beat the wizards lol.

portega1968

El Cacique
10man rotation (we dont need JR Smith)

Lin
Fields
Melo
Stat
Chandler

BDiddy backing up Lin
Shump backing up Fields or Melo (or Lin if BDiddy out)
Novak backing up Melo or Stat
Jeffries/Jorts backing up Stat or Tyson

Only garbage time for the rest of the bunch

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Don't need JR but he could be the edge or the difference between beating Miami or Chicago in a series if you have a chance to get a legit 6th man of the year candidate you do it.

people hate on john starks for chucking in a big game. jr could add a good amount of scoring but he could also brick us out of a finals game. im not saying it'd definitely be a bad move, but its not as simple as people are making it out to be.

portega1968

El Cacique
Don't need JR but he could be the edge or the difference between beating Miami or Chicago in a series if you have a chance to get a legit 6th man of the year candidate you do it.

He has a terrible shot selection, is unwilling to play sound defense, is known to have a terrible attitude and is primarily concerned in stuffing his stats so he can cash in his contract year. His ego is more important than the team. All this would be a burden on our team and will defeat any benefit of having his 3pt shot on call in crunch time. Honestly, I'd rather have Melo or Novak take that clutch three.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
He has a terrible shot selection, is unwilling to play sound defense, is known to have a terrible attitude and is primarily concerned in stuffing his stats so he can cash in his contract year. His ego is more important than the team. All this would be a burden on our team and will defeat any benefit of having his 3pt shot on call in crunch time. Honestly, I'd rather have Melo or Novak take that clutch three.

I understand the negatives that come with JR but I think playing with playmaking PG's in Lin and BD will help reduce the amount of bad shots he takes, not concerned about his attitude MDA is a players coach and he's good friends with Melo. And he can play good team ball when Denver went to the WCF against LA JR played very well he tried to defend Kobe, he hit big shots, and made good plays for his other teammates.

For me with JR his positives far out weigh the negatives the guy can go off for 30 on any given night, he's 3 point shot is wet, he' super athletic, good ball handler, and can penetrate.