Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When everyone is healthy....

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

10man rotation (we dont need JR Smith)

Lin
    Fields
    Melo
    Stat
    Chandler

BDiddy backing up Lin
    Shump backing up Fields or Melo (or Lin if BDiddy out)
    Novak backing up Melo or Stat
    Jeffries/Jorts backing up Stat or Tyson

Only garbage time for the rest of the bunch

Originally Posted by portega1968
    10man rotation (we dont need JR Smith)

Don't need JR but he could be the edge or the difference between beating Miami or Chicago in a series if you have a chance to get a legit 6th man of the year candidate you do it.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Don't need JR but he could be the edge or the difference between beating Miami or Chicago in a series if you have a chance to get a legit 6th man of the year candidate you do it.
    people hate on john starks for chucking in a big game. jr could add a good amount of scoring but he could also brick us out of a finals game. im not saying it'd definitely be a bad move, but its not as simple as people are making it out to be.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    He has a terrible shot selection, is unwilling to play sound defense, is known to have a terrible attitude and is primarily concerned in stuffing his stats so he can cash in his contract year. His ego is more important than the team. All this would be a burden on our team and will defeat any benefit of having his 3pt shot on call in crunch time. Honestly, I'd rather have Melo or Novak take that clutch three.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    He has a terrible shot selection, is unwilling to play sound defense, is known to have a terrible attitude and is primarily concerned in stuffing his stats so he can cash in his contract year. His ego is more important than the team. All this would be a burden on our team and will defeat any benefit of having his 3pt shot on call in crunch time. Honestly, I'd rather have Melo or Novak take that clutch three.
    I understand the negatives that come with JR but I think playing with playmaking PG's in Lin and BD will help reduce the amount of bad shots he takes, not concerned about his attitude MDA is a players coach and he's good friends with Melo. And he can play good team ball when Denver went to the WCF against LA JR played very well he tried to defend Kobe, he hit big shots, and made good plays for his other teammates.

For me with JR his positives far out weigh the negatives the guy can go off for 30 on any given night, he's 3 point shot is wet, he' super athletic, good ball handler, and can penetrate.

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    people hate on john starks for chucking in a big game. jr could add a good amount of scoring but he could also brick us out of a finals game. im not saying it'd definitely be a bad move, but its not as simple as people are making it out to be.
    The difference was John Stark was like the go to perimeter player on that Knicks team, Melo is still gonna eat before JR not to mention if BD is healthy the Knicks will have to very competent PG's dictating who gets the ball this situation is not the same as in the 90's.

Originally Posted by Toons
    where amare at yo?
    I didnt forget him, but if I was the gm i woulda already cut him from the team

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I didnt forget him, but if I was the gm i woulda already cut him from the team

<----- loved Amare simply being left off the roster, with ZERO explanation even being needed to justify cutting his ass from all pt.

if amare gets back to 25 ppg and bumps lins dimes to 10+ can we lay off amare? or at least preface complaints with something like "his offense is incredible but....."