Mike D'Antoni's influence on our resurgence

Forrest17

Rotation player
MDA teams playing LOCK DOWN defense in crunch time.. 11 points and 12 points allowed in the last two 4th quarters.

D'antoni making defensive adjustments mid game

WTF is happening right now...

Forrest17

Rotation player
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he's learning...

ITS SO WEIRD.

like soo many complaints I've had with D'antoni as a coach, he hasn't done in this win streak.

He has made adjustments in games

Hes managed time outs perfectly and called them when we needed to

Like when we had horrible lap in defense and STAT just let Barbosa blow by him for a lay up he called time out to stop the run and fix the D.

Used the rotation well, made subs and switches when he had too. When players were playing awful like stat and walker where a few times in the game HE took them out!

The seven seconds or less, chuck threes non stop offense is DEAD AND GONE.

THANK GOD.

ITS SO WEIRD.

like soo many complaints I've had with D'antoni as a coach, he hasn't done in this win streak.

Like when we had horrible lap in defense and STAT just let Barbosa blow by him for a lay up he called time out to stop the run and fix the D.

Used the rotation well, made subs and switches when he had too. When players were playing awful like stat and walker where a few times in the game HE took them out!

THANK GOD.

He actually benched STAT after this play. THIS WAS A GREAT job by MDA...

skisloper

Starter
ITS SO WEIRD.

THANK GOD.

Thats because we won......If we lost it would be...Stat should not have started, why is billy walker in, Lin has too many minutes, why was shump not guarding calderon earlier, why no set plays for novak....

when your winning every decision is good .....but the hypocrites pop out when they complain when we are losing.....

Thats because we won......If we lost it would be...Stat should not have started, why is billy walker in, Lin has too many minutes, why was shump not guarding calderon earlier, why no set plays for novak....

when your winning every decision is good .....but the hypocrites pop out when they complain when we are losing.....

I agree most people are critical after a loss. I wouldnt call them hypocrites. Passionate may be a better word.

As for tonight Lin did in fact play to many minutes...

I can't believe I actually saw you praise MDA! Next it will be abcd and god forbid Kiyaman giving MDA some props :lol:

Gotta call it like I see it. STAT let the man he was guarding blow by him like he was a fence post. I was saying take him out before he took him out.

He still played Lin to many minutes though:). Baby steps. Baby steps...

PS You gotta let STAT know right now defense will be taken seriously going forward. This is why I think it was great for him to sit him a few minutes...

smokes

Huge Member
Gotta call it like I see it. STAT let the man he was guarding blow by him like he was a fence post. I was saying take him out before he took him out.

He still played Lin to many minutes though:). Baby steps. Baby steps...

PS You gotta let STAT know right now defense will be taken seriously going forward. This is why I think it was great for him to sit him a few minutes...

Lin was pretty pivotal throughout the 3rd and 4th on offense though, finally getting STAT going etc. I'm not sure we could have rested him and still won.

knicksin60

Starter
I would eat all the crow in the world if D'antoni coaches an NBA team to a championship.But I have a better shot at playing back up PG for the Knicks or dating Miss America than D'antoni has at accomplishing such a feat.

skisloper

Starter
I agree most people are critical after a loss. I wouldnt call them hypocrites. Passionate may be a better word.

As for tonight Lin did in fact play to many minutes...

passionate without a doubt.......I think we tend to question every move Dantonio makes....I am not defending him but we have done this with our past 3 coaches so one starts to wonder....

Listen when we are winning the glass is half full.....especially wins like these because we all know from seasons past these are always the games we lost...

smokes

Huge Member
Maybe the team can win one despite MDA? No?

One sure, you don't go on a 6 game winning streak without everyone playing their part though. IMO.

You're probably right. But we cant do this on a regular. The kid will be broke up by the end of the season...

As I said before I'm sure you won't see this happen in games when we have a lead, but playing catch up it's a thin line.

Forrest17

Rotation player

I guess thats true to an extent. But earlier this season, even last season, and when D'Antoni was at the Suns he is doing things now with Lin he didn't do before. Making coaching decisions that any sane coach would have made but he normally didn't.

He was notoriously stubborn and refused to change his system, but for the most part the old chuck shots and run non stop offense is gone.

And I think its a weird thing to say its only a good coaching job if we won... Well yeah, because of good coaching decisions MDA made today, we were able to win...

smokes

Huge Member
And I think its a weird thing to say its only a good coaching job if we won... Well yeah, because of good coaching decisions MDA made today, we were able to win...

He's right to an extent. I think if Lin didn't hit that game winner and we lost, instead of having some praise for the coaches decisions we'd have heard a whole lot of bitching about any questionable decisions he might have made.

Wargames

Starter
still think the coach is a lucky bum but Lin very likely saved his job by being smart enough to lead on the court.....

Also I will give him credit for putting Shump on Calderon and assigning bigs to help defense lin on Derozan. If he did stuff like that more I wouldn't think he is a bum. If he keeps it up i will update my opinion on him.