Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: Mike D'Antoni's influence on our resurgence

Originally Posted by smokes
    Lin was pretty pivotal throughout the 3rd and 4th on offense though, finally getting STAT going etc. I'm not sure we could have rested him and still won.
    You're probably right. But we cant do this on a regular. The kid will be broke up by the end of the season...

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Maybe the team can win one despite MDA? No?
    One sure, you don't go on a 6 game winning streak without everyone playing their part though. IMO.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    You're probably right. But we cant do this on a regular. The kid will be broke up by the end of the season...
    As I said before I'm sure you won't see this happen in games when we have a lead, but playing catch up it's a thin line.

Superstar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Thats because we won......If we lost it would be...Stat should not have started, why is billy walker in, Lin has too many minutes, why was shump not guarding calderon earlier, why no set plays for novak....

when your winning every decision is good .....but the hypocrites pop out when they complain when we are losing.....

I guess thats true to an extent. But earlier this season, even last season, and when D'Antoni was at the Suns he is doing things now with Lin he didn't do before. Making coaching decisions that any sane coach would have made but he normally didn't.

He was notoriously stubborn and refused to change his system, but for the most part the old chuck shots and run non stop offense is gone.

And I think its a weird thing to say its only a good coaching job if we won... Well yeah, because of good coaching decisions MDA made today, we were able to win...

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    And I think its a weird thing to say its only a good coaching job if we won... Well yeah, because of good coaching decisions MDA made today, we were able to win...
    He's right to an extent. I think if Lin didn't hit that game winner and we lost, instead of having some praise for the coaches decisions we'd have heard a whole lot of bitching about any questionable decisions he might have made.

still think the coach is a lucky bum but Lin very likely saved his job by being smart enough to lead on the court.....

Also I will give him credit for putting Shump on Calderon and assigning bigs to help defense lin on Derozan. If he did stuff like that more I wouldn't think he is a bum. If he keeps it up i will update my opinion on him.

Superstar

Originally Posted by smokes
    He's right to an extent. I think if Lin didn't hit that game winner and we lost, instead of having some praise for the coaches decisions we'd have heard a whole lot of bitching about any questionable decisions he might have made.
    Yeah but normally, even last year when we were on a winning streak.. I'd scream at my TV telling dantoni to do this or that

Pretty much all this week and last, anytime I thought D'Antoni should do x or y he did. which is shocking.

MDA has been coaching pretty well to my surprise during this streak

Is funny how we're highlighting good things MOA has done when these are the things coaches should already know how to do. That doesn't make me feel any more confident about MOA.

I'd prefer to wait until he demonstrates something that requires more brainwork and strategic decision making.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Is funny how we're highlighting good things MOA has done when these are the things coaches should already know how to do. That doesn't make me feel any more confident about MOA.

I'd prefer to wait until he demonstrates something that requires more brainwork and strategic decision making.
    MD's system has always relied heavily on the PG position and in turn, his system can elevate PG as well. Everyone is waxing MD's ability as a coach, I've been reading this for years now but I'm among the minority on this forum that has defended him but has openly bashed the Knicks organization, especially the worst owner in sports, Dolan!
    Lin's talent along with the Team's fluid motion has really been the catalyst here. The bigger issue is Melo, in my opinion. When Melo is on the floor motion stops, the team ends up standing around watching.... STAT's numbers has gone down, Fields is lost and even Tyson Chandler is not used to his fullest; the whole team has suffered as a result of bringing in Melo. I think if the Knicks want to continue this great run they are on now and for years down the line they need to trade Melo and trade him now! I've read a few articles calling for a Melo to NJ for Williams trade as well as to Boston for Rondo and possibly Pierce... The Knicks were good prior to the trade and since the injury; what does that tell ya. Last year it was Felton playing like an all star (now he is floundering in Portland) and now this year Lin... Tell's ya something about MD's system and how it can really make a PG shine. Give this man a team the works together and in turn he will give the fans something to be excited about!