Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mike D'Antoni's influence on our resurgence

if you dont get the analogy i have a feeling you'll never accept the importance of a pg. MTA = wide recievers. toney douglas = jared lorenzen.

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    if you dont get the analogy i have a feeling you'll never accept the importance of a pg. MTA = wide recievers. toney douglas = jared lorenzen.
    When did these guys play a season together? I never said a PG wasnt important. To go 8-15 while missing one component means you're incapable of adjusting...

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    When did these guys play a season together? I never said a PG wasnt important. To go 8-15 while missing one component means you're incapable of adjusting...
    hey i was dead on. if you really need a qb+wrs that played together to understand the connection i'll try to think of a similar situation. melo is the only one of the 3 players youre referring to that can create offense and he hasnt been healthy. amare and tyson is not an offense.

mike vick. really good weapons. maclin, avant, desean, celek. he'd probably be really good at a different position, like toney may be a great sg if that was all he had to do. unfortunately vick is not a good qb and their weapons went to waste. is that realistic enough for you? as much as i love to **** on andy reid he is not able to get those guys the ball, especially in a position to score.

hey i was dead on. if you really need a qb+wrs that played together to understand the connection i'll try to think of a similar situation. melo is the only one of the 3 players youre referring to that can create offense and he hasnt been healthy. amare and tyson is not an offense.
    Why cant plays be run to create offense? Back picks. Post ups. Back door cuts. It doesnt take much to get an offense to gel when you have the talent the Knicks have. Instead we were shooting the first available open shot, and we dont have the shooters to do that...

mike vick. really good weapons. maclin, avant, desean, celek. he'd probably be really good at a different position, like toney may be a great sg if that was all he had to do. unfortunately vick is not a good qb and their weapons went to waste. is that realistic enough for you? as much as i love to **** on andy reid he is not able to get those guys the ball, especially in a position to score.
    Mike Vick didnt have an offensive line which is much more important than WRs. In the NFL games are won in the trenches. Thinking about it in the NBA games are also won in the trenches...

Mike Vick didnt have an offensive line which is much more important than WRs. In the NFL games are won in the trenches. Thinking about it in the NBA games are also won in the trenches...
    lol maclin, mccoy, avant, desean, etc and its okay for them cause theyre not complete. but stat and tyson have to do it themselves.

Superstar

if anyone thinks D'amntoni, had any influence with whats going on right now, they've been smoking for the last 3 years. This guy sleep walked through his entire term as knicks coach. I read someone say, the team wasn't trying in the past, well that starts from the coach. This guy was pulling **** out his ass, and for the last five games, he's found a diamond in Lin.

MDA is by far, one of the worst coaches that i've seen. as someone stated earlier, There is no reason why Jefferies should be allowed to take 1 three point shot, EVER. I dont care if he hit 15 in a row in practice. But a coaching strategy that gives free reign to anyone to shoot multiple threes is disturbing. He instills that mentality as the coach, so the players feel they could just go and shoot threes, who cares if they are under 40% or 30% just continue shooting because you are open. The guy is a dick. Even though the verdict is still out for with Lin in my opinion, the fact of the matter is, his play is the ONLY reason why the knicks have had this recent streak.. Period!

lol maclin, mccoy, avant, desean, etc and its okay for them cause theyre not complete. but stat and tyson have to do it themselves.

STAT and TC were rarely in the trenches where the should be while we were going 8-15. If they were I doubt we would have started so bad. That's the analogy you should make.

Trying to compare Vick with no Oline and STAT and TC when they're supposed to be the Oline is insane...

STAT and TC were rarely in the trenches where the should be while we were going 8-15. If they were I doubt we would have started so bad. That's the analogy you should make.

Trying to compare Vick with no Oline and STAT and TC when they're supposed to be the Oline is insane...
    Now the o line is supposed to produce.. Interesting.

Now the o line is supposed to produce.. Interesting.
    I see you havent played one second of basketball or football...

What 2 perennial all stars did Riley have? Or JVG?

Ask yourself. Would the Knicks have an 8-15 record with the talent MDA has if Riley coached them? Would JVG?

What am I not fair about in regards to MDA? I've never said anything that was wrong I dont think.
    And yet you continue to skirt the issue.

Again, it's simple: If you are fair about MDA how does saying "if he brings a championship I MIGHT consider laying off him" make you at all fair?

He would give the ultimate prize back to NY, the best possible outcome of the season, a championship in NY. And you MIGHT CONSIDER laying off of him. Not "I will lay off him" or "I would tone down the criticism", but "MIGHT CONSIDER" it.

That's not fair.

And if you are think you are fair, you are blind.

Veteran

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    if anyone thinks D'amntoni, had any influence with whats going on right now, they've been smoking for the last 3 years. This guy sleep walked through his entire term as knicks coach. I read someone say, the team wasn't trying in the past, well that starts from the coach. This guy was pulling **** out his ass, and for the last five games, he's found a diamond in Lin.

MDA is by far, one of the worst coaches that i've seen. as someone stated earlier, There is no reason why Jefferies should be allowed to take 1 three point shot, EVER. I dont care if he hit 15 in a row in practice. But a coaching strategy that gives free reign to anyone to shoot multiple threes is disturbing. He instills that mentality as the coach, so the players feel they could just go and shoot threes, who cares if they are under 40% or 30% just continue shooting because you are open. The guy is a dick. Even though the verdict is still out for with Lin in my opinion, the fact of the matter is, his play is the ONLY reason why the knicks have had this recent streak.. Period!

DamnPhoney!!!

Mike D'Antoni is one of the 5 best offensive coaches in the NBA.

He's also top 5 in coach-player relationships, I've never heard of a player who doesn't want to play for D'Antoni.

From members of Team USA, to NBA All-Star Game members to Free Agents, every player I listen to has nothing but praises for D'Antoni.

He's well respected among his colleagues too, from JVG to POP to coach K.

I like his demeanor in interviews too, he's always positive has a good sense of humor and likes to throw a pinch of irony in from now and then.

I don't love him or idolize him, my favourite coach in the NBA is JVG, but I hold no grudges against him either. I hated our defense last season and ever since he took over, but this season we're pretty good on defense and I have to give him, Tyson and coach Woodson credit for that.

Our players really seem to like and support him and when they buy into his system, we win as the last couple of games demonstrated.

D'Antoni is a decent coach and has a unique ability to get the most out of mediocre players or turn good players into superstars.

His offense doesn't suit every player though that's why a guy like Melo doesn't look too good under D'Antoni, but that's not D'Antoni's fault.

When a mechanic works for Chevrolet and his boss tells him to replace a Corvette dashboard with a Ford Bronco dashboard it's not his fault that those parts don't fit, it's his bosses fault for giving him the wrong piece and not understanding that a Covertte and a Ford Bronco dashboard don't fit together.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    And yet you continue to skirt the issue.

Again, it's simple: If you are fair about MDA how does saying "if he brings a championship I MIGHT consider laying off him" make you at all fair?

He would give the ultimate prize back to NY, the best possible outcome of the season, a championship in NY. And you MIGHT CONSIDER laying off of him. Not "I will lay off him" or "I would tone down the criticism", but "MIGHT CONSIDER" it.

That's not fair.

And if you are think you are fair, you are blind.

ha ha ha ha Dantoni winning a NBA championship is like diving off a 20 story
    buiding head first hitting concrete and living to talk about it ha ha ha ha ha
    Dantoni's flawed coaching wouldnt last a half a season in the NCAA...