Thread: Ian Begley on twitter about Carmelo Fitting In

Hybrid View

Default Ian Begley on twitter about Carmelo Fitting In

Carmelo says he finds talk about him fitting with Lin 'funny' Says, 'Jeremy will have the ball in his hands.' #LinSanity #Knicks
    Melo on Lin: 'I know there’s questions about 'Can I fit in?' and stuff like that, but this is like a dream come true to me.' #LinSanity

And one from D'antoni

D'Antoni on the idea that Carmelo and Lin can't fit together: 'I think that's ludicrous in a sense.' #LinSanity #Knicks

Good to hear that Melo acknowledges that Lin needs the ball in his hands. If his words dictate his actions, we should be one powerful team in the Eastern Conference.

Veteran

No reason Melo shouldn't.

If anything, Melo should be able to thrive more than ever in his sweetest of spots: mid-range.

And have the offense flow where in the critical waning second of a possession (aka, crunch time, or the end of a game) Melo has the ball in his hands.

Melo should be a quality addition to the P&R, too.

And while Melo, of course, will be taking up additional time holding on to the rock, this should be tempered by Amare taking up less of it:

STAT will go back to being the quick, fast-paced inside finisher and on the move finisher that made him the most dominant, efficient inside scorer in the NBA.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    No reason Melo shouldn't.

If anything, Melo should be able to thrive more than ever in his sweetest of spots: mid-range.

And have the offense flow where in the critical waning second of a possession (aka, crunch time, or the end of a game) Melo has the ball in his hands.

Melo should be a quality addition to the P&R, too.

And while Melo, of course, will be taking up additional time holding on to the rock, this should be tempered by Amare taking up less of it:

STAT will go back to being the quick, fast-paced inside finisher and on the move finisher that made him the most dominant, efficient inside scorer in the NBA.
    Indeed I have no idea why people are making a big deal out of this its like the media needs something negative to hone in on... Why should there be a fear of Melo or Stat or MDA screwing up what we have built these last 5 games? It's ludicrous. We are in a great position to move forward and I'm sure the guys are going to jump on that chance.

i've been hearing a lot (more than i've seen) about melo being a great pnr player. i would love to see this in action especially considering we now have one of the better pnr guys in the league at pf and pg. im assuming melos the roll man? but i could see him playing it either way.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

People also need to realize this is the NBA you cannot double-team / cheat by double teaming the man with out the ball. When he comes back he will be able to get the ball in better position and he can get his shot off in a better rhythm as well.

Good, if he doesn't, we shall let him go.
    50/50 play time for both of them, and it will be very clear who needs to be the first stream after a few games.

Superstar

This will be fantastic for Melo.. There will finally be something on the floor called... SPACE... For melo to drive and take open shots, instead of like before where he had to spin around like a mad man just to get a decent look.