Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Attention All Knicks Fans

  1. #1
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Nyk Logo Attention All Knicks Fans

    ATTENTION ALL KNICKS FANS
    please ignore the following media outlets/Reporters

    anything on ESPN
    Frank Isola
    Marc Berman
    Ian Begegegegely
    Skip Bayless
    Colin Cownerd
    That fat black version of George Costanza from PTI


    and anyone else who is trying to ruin the best time of my life and yours as a Knicks fan.


    STOP:
    Worrying about Melo and Amare meshing with Lin.

    Amare doesnt wanna play iso he doesnt wanna take the ball outta Lin's hands. He needs Lin.

    Melo doesn't need to play ISO to be succesful! Come on guys he led the club in assists at one point! the only reason he went ISO so much is because we had no one else who can shoot the ball

    Listening to people who hate every single one of us, our team, our city and only care about creating headlines and controversey

    ESPN has always hated us. You know why? Because middle America hates us and middle America is who they are selling there articles, shows, and their whole network to. They make money off of us being down and out. They sell their radio shows, tv shows, and articles because middle America likes seeing us screw up, and they want to see us crumble.

    If it was up to ESPN or any other sports writer NY would never win. Because as crazy as it sounds, NY winning isnt as marketable as OKC, Indiana, Memphis, or Denver winning.

    ENJOY:

    Jeremy Lin

    We have a great point guard that can possibly be an elite point guard that just fell into our laps. The missing piece of our championship puzzle falls out of the sky and hits us in the face. Its like we fell ass backwards into a pool filled with Hawaian Punch and supermodels.

    If you fell as backwards into a pool filled with Hawaian Punch and super models would you let some old fatty behind a desk on TV in a suit tell you "Oh well there's more girls coming in the pool and they might not like these girls" Oh yeah? Well what if they do like these girls as well fat ESPN man? What if we can all just get along and have the greatest party known to man!?!?!....yeah so just enjoy Lin I guess lol

    Were so close...

    The Last time we were this close to a championship it was the 4th quarter of game 6 of the 1994 NBA finals. We have THE best scorer in the world, we have THE best defensive center in the league, we have THE hottest point guard in the NBA THIS WEEK! CP who? NO! Jeremy Lin! (The Eastern Confrence Player of the week ), We have tons of young talent in Shumpert, Jorts, Jordan, Landry, and Toney, a 3 point SNIPER in Novak, an All Star gritty tough PF in Amare, and we have a decent coach lol. Dont Let the media ruin this for you ENJOY IT!






  2. #2
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    That is soo true!!

    I Fkin hate Middle America.. fkin wisconsin oklahoma colorado ... and super biased ESPN.


    NY FOR LIFE.

  3. #3
    Member Number3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    right across the river...Jersey
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    screw them , of course they are going to play great together... Melo told D'Antoni to put Lin in... therefore Melo doesnt haave to carry the team, less pressure off him with a pointguard... now everyone to their positions!!!

    Its a new beginning!!! Amare coming stronger then ever!! after his brother death , hes not takin anything for granted, hes playin with an angel right next to him... fields gettin in the paint chandler beasting,, even Jeffries improved his offense

  4. #4
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,661
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I'm a fan of "The Herd" and Colin Cowherd. Basketball is not really his game.He is a football guy.

  5. #5
    Member Sons of Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Do those idiots think Melo actually enjoyed bringing the ball up the court and having no one dependable/open to pass to? What Melo (and Amar'e) has sorely lacked is someone else to facilitate the offense so that they can focus on putting the ball in the basket. We're going to be winning and grinning (folks!).

  6. #6
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I actually like ESPN, and Marc Berman and most of the other people you mentioned. I will not ignore them, but thanks for your words of advice. I have no problem with people criticizing or trying to analyze. But thats just me, I'm not a hypocrite

  7. #7
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Conspiracy theorists are so funny. The reason ESPN makes fun of the Knicks and doubts the Knicks is because the organization has been an absolute joke for over 10 years. The fans have proven themselves to be the dumbest in the world too. And there are legitimate concerns about Melo stopping ball movement. He's been doing it his entire career and I think it's more than abundantly clear now that most Knick fans never watched Melo play in Denver and only saw the highlights on ESPN. Moving the ball, efficiency, spacing and moving without the ball are so important for this system to succeed, which are all concerns with Melo.

    Middle America honestly doesn't care about New York, at all. Especially in the NBA. The Knicks have been irrelevant for so long, they hate the Lakers and Heat much more. I moved from New York to Colorado almost 10 years ago and trust me, they don't care about New York at all. They're quite happy with the mountain lifestyle here.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Feb 14, 2012 at 09:24.

  8. #8
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I agree! Melo is the worst player in Knicks' history.His contract makes Eddy Curry's 6 year contract look like a vet min contract and I'm sure he was a total scrub for Denver because they would have won a championship a few years ago had Gallo been the go to guy for them instead of Melo.


  9. #9
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I agree! Melo is the worst player in Knicks' history.His contract makes Eddy Curry's 6 year contract look like a vet min contract and I'm sure he was a total scrub for Denver because they would have won a championship a few years ago had Gallo been the go to guy for them instead of Melo.

    Dude, i hope your joking.Gallo isn't even an all-star,stop it, if you hate Mello, that's your opinion, but, Gallo over Mello, come on.

  10. #10
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I love Skip Bayless because he's a fcuking clown and has me laughing all morning, I pay no attention to his predictions but he's right most of the time, nonetheless I agree Jon Barry thinks he's this super analyst and knows everything he lost what little respect of mine he did have when he made up some bull**** on air to play the organization I call my own

    Fcuk you Barry, your father and brother were great players and YOU were a god damn spot up shooter

  11. #11
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    Dude, i hope your joking.Gallo isn't even an all-star,stop it, if you hate Mello, that's your opinion, but, Gallo over Mello, come on.
    You didn't get the context.

  12. #12
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    The fans have proven themselves to be the dumbest in the world too.
    Case in point...

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    Dude, i hope your joking.Gallo isn't even an all-star,stop it, if you hate Mello, that's your opinion, but, Gallo over Mello, come on.

    Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm typically not the kind of poster that goes around insulting others but this was too fun not to pass up. I mean, damn, the guy made it pretty clear with the "Caution Sarcasm" sign. Lol.

  13. #13
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Case in point...




    Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm typically not the kind of poster that goes around insulting others but this was too fun not to pass up. I mean, damn, the guy made it pretty clear with the "Caution Sarcasm" sign. Lol.
    I know, i read that a little late, lol.Their is no reason to insult some one for a mistake, where all knick fans, brotha.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Conspiracy theorists are so funny. The reason ESPN makes fun of the Knicks and doubts the Knicks is because the organization has been an absolute joke for over 10 years. The fans have proven themselves to be the dumbest in the world too. And there are legitimate concerns about Melo stopping ball movement. He's been doing it his entire career and I think it's more than abundantly clear now that most Knick fans never watched Melo play in Denver and only saw the highlights on ESPN. Moving the ball, efficiency, spacing and moving without the ball are so important for this system to succeed, which are all concerns with Melo.

    Middle America honestly doesn't care about New York, at all. Especially in the NBA. The Knicks have been irrelevant for so long, they hate the Lakers and Heat much more. I moved from New York to Colorado almost 10 years ago and trust me, they don't care about New York at all. They're quite happy with the mountain lifestyle here.
    espn doesnt like new york. except maybe the yankees. are you a football fan? the giants couldnt buy respect until the trophy was in eli's hands, and they havent exactly been a joke, its only 4 years since they did it.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Zwerling: The Knicks had been running double-screen sets previously with Iman Shumpert at point, Chandler at center and Stoudemire at power forward, and they paid off at times. Chandler's roll would lead to a dunk or his move to the basket would free up Stoudemire for his patented jumpshot from the free throw corner. Now, with Lin's pick-and-roll skills, these kinds of plays will be much more dangerous to defenses. Since Chandler doesn't shoot and is one of the best rollers in the game, it makes more sense to have him as the primary screener, so Stoudemire and Anthony can get open on opposite sides.

    JFC. i only thought about the lin-amare PNR possibly drawing a defender from tyson, shump, or getting melo a 1 on 1. lin-tyson PNR is already killing it and were about to double the firepower.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 11, 2011, 03:36
  2. Knicks promise fans refunds if.. er, when games are missed
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 25, 2011, 17:08
  3. Replies: 255
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2010, 19:45
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  5. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 16:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •