Attention because of his race....

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
This is absolutely intolerable. Mayweather is a racist ****. Lin plays beautifully well and the fame is 100 % deserved.
First when i looked to Lin i never thought of his color skin... makes me puke.:barf:

whats your race, if you dont mind me asking?

k260

Rookie
Although I am not a mayweather fan, and don't completely agree but the degree of his race does play a major role in his hype. C'mon people him being asian is bringing some added hype. People become so nervous and scared when race is mentioned but he's not being a racist, he's brining light to the fact.

He is an exceptional ball player and has game, however, his race does add some fuel to his fire. Now don't take this the wrong way, his story/journey and play have been contribution but to dissmiss his race is just foolish.

Race did play a role on JLIN's media success, but that is not the only or the main factor. As you have read in many many previous post, people loves LIN because of him being the underdog, humble, came from the d-league and outplayed KOBE, DWILL and John Wall. He was never giving a chance or opportunity to show his talent and skill. People LOVE the underdog, that is why many movie always have a star as a underdog and overcoming whatever bullcrap and became successful( how can you not see that). Even if LIN wasnt asian, he wouldve still gotten the same MEDIA attention.

It was the way May weather said it. His tone in his sentence told us it was a RACIAL thing. How many black basketball player graduated from Harvard ( not known for this basketball team and players), came out of the D-league and school'd kobe, Dwill and Wall? How many d-league player did what LIN did for last 3 games? NONE

quiggle

Starter
hes right because two of the biggest Chineses populations in new york and china are lifeline to NBA money wise why do you think Stafon went there, NBA loves this not because of his play because of $$$$ he generates just like NFL and that ladyboy Tebow, sure Lin is living his dream but the NBA is milking him entirely

metrocard

Legend
FLoydpL.jpg

quiggle

Starter
I mean yeah, its been seen before that names have been createvley done for back pages, Linning, Lincredible but after seeing this today he does have a point,

back021512.jpg