Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attention because of his race....

To put things in perspective, a good analogy would be to put a black guy in the NHL with above average hockey skills.I guarantee he would be praised.. Him being asian is part of it but he has already shown this kind of play is not short term.

Floyd Mayweather should shup his pie hole. He's a chicken for a long time and I won't forget his cheap punch last year and how he argue and disrespect a 80 years old post game. He's a nasty human being. Lin did get attention because his race and what's wrong with that?

Superstar

Originally Posted by knicks1183
    To put things in perspective, a good analogy would be to put a black guy in the NHL with above average hockey skills.I guarantee he would be praised.. Him being asian is part of it but he has already shown this kind of play is not short term.
    Jarome Iginla, but LIN is getting more hype, and JI is and allstar.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Mayweather should be focusing on the upset that Cotto has in store for him. A left hook will bring him back to reality on May5th.

Stanford is literally across a boulevard from Palo Alto High School, where Lin led the Vikings to a 32-1 record and the CIF state championship as a senior. Yet then-Stanford coach Trent Johnson wouldn't walk across the street to sign him.

"We knew all about him," admits Johnson, now the coach at LSU. "But nobody in the Bay Area saw then what we're seeing now. It wasn't like there was pressure on me to recruit him. There was zero pressure. None."

Across the bay lies Cal, where Lin desperately wanted to play. But Bears coach Ben Braun was Lindifferent. He passed.

"But hey, I passed on Steve Nash, too," concedes Braun, now the coach at Rice. "We just didn't extend Jeremy a scholarship. I love the kid, but we just didn't. I don't feel too bad. At least I'm not the only one."

So What's your point Mr.Braun?

Originally Posted by knicks1183
    I'm not very familliar with the game of golf, but the rise of Tiger Woods was something simillar?

This is absolutely intolerable. Mayweather is a racist ****. Lin plays beautifully well and the fame is 100 % deserved.
    First when i looked to Lin i never thought of his color skin... makes me puke.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Mayweather should be focusing on the upset that Cotto has in store for him. A left hook will bring him back to reality on May5th.
    Borrrrrrricua!!!

Although I am not a mayweather fan, and don't completely agree but the degree of his race does play a major role in his hype. C'mon people him being asian is bringing some added hype. People become so nervous and scared when race is mentioned but he's not being a racist, he's brining light to the fact.

He is an exceptional ball player and has game, however, his race does add some fuel to his fire. Now don't take this the wrong way, his story/journey and play have been contribution but to dissmiss his race is just foolish.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by portega1968
    really hope Cotto can pull thru and win the fight. That be as big as a Knicks championship for me.

Originally Posted by Oak
    This is absolutely intolerable. Mayweather is a racist ****. Lin plays beautifully well and the fame is 100 % deserved.
    First when i looked to Lin i never thought of his color skin... makes me puke.
    whats your race, if you dont mind me asking?

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Although I am not a mayweather fan, and don't completely agree but the degree of his race does play a major role in his hype. C'mon people him being asian is bringing some added hype. People become so nervous and scared when race is mentioned but he's not being a racist, he's brining light to the fact.

He is an exceptional ball player and has game, however, his race does add some fuel to his fire. Now don't take this the wrong way, his story/journey and play have been contribution but to dissmiss his race is just foolish.
    Race did play a role on JLIN's media success, but that is not the only or the main factor. As you have read in many many previous post, people loves LIN because of him being the underdog, humble, came from the d-league and outplayed KOBE, DWILL and John Wall. He was never giving a chance or opportunity to show his talent and skill. People LOVE the underdog, that is why many movie always have a star as a underdog and overcoming whatever bullcrap and became successful( how can you not see that). Even if LIN wasnt asian, he wouldve still gotten the same MEDIA attention.

It was the way May weather said it. His tone in his sentence told us it was a RACIAL thing. How many black basketball player graduated from Harvard ( not known for this basketball team and players), came out of the D-league and school'd kobe, Dwill and Wall? How many d-league player did what LIN did for last 3 games? NONE

hes right because two of the biggest Chineses populations in new york and china are lifeline to NBA money wise why do you think Stafon went there, NBA loves this not because of his play because of $$$$ he generates just like NFL and that ladyboy Tebow, sure Lin is living his dream but the NBA is milking him entirely

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard

Damn. That is good.

I was thinkin the exact same ****, too, when I first heard PBF's twitter remark.