2012 Olympics and Tyson

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Its kind of cool to think that 2 potential knicks will be representing the USA on this years olympic team in London.

People who think Melo can't co-exist and play team basketball should look at the highlights from the 2008 olympics. He bought into the system and played so unselfish. He changed his game completely to benifit the team in order to WIN. For the people who don't know Mike D'antoni was an assistant in the 2008 games. Melo now has a national championship, a gold medal and now all he's lacking is an NBA championship.

On the other hand, I can't believe no one has mentioned this:

Tyson got an invitation to be part of the olympic team to represent our country and be recongnized as one of 12 of the greatest players in America, but didn't make it on the all star team????

Although I know the starters are selected by the fans, how did the coaches completly over look Tyson?

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I think the last time we had two was spree and H20 it would be nice but I'm glad Tyson and Amare will get rested

It's all about record with the ASG. Our team already had one guy voted in with Melo. We weren't getting 2 all stars with our record being what it was at the time.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
It's all about record with the ASG. Our team already had one guy voted in with Melo. We weren't getting 2 all stars with our record being what it was at the time.

I can agree with that. Lets just hope Melo can tailor his game to team basketaball as he did in the olympics.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
TC was a member of the US squad 2 world championships ago, right?

I remember there was talk of him being a pivotal voice and influential leader.

Now that he's a Knick, and although serious injury has been a rarity prior, I don't want him or Carmelo playing in the olympic squad. Take the rest, get ready to win the following year in NY.