Thread: Lin comparisons to Tebow

Hybrid View

Default Lin comparisons to Tebow

there's been comparisons to Tebow and Lin even cites he is inspiration. if the comparisons are true then we lose to the Kings tongiht like Broncos had streak snapped by Patriots ending 6 straight, also peep Renaissance Mans teardrop tattoo in honor of Hazel jail history and crimes

Superstar

If he was tebow he would be 4/18 from the Field until the 4th quarter.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    there's been comparisons to Tebow and Lin even cites he is inspiration. if the comparisons are true then we lose to the Kings tongiht like Broncos had streak snapped by Patriots ending 6 straight, also peep Renaissance Mans teardrop tattoo in honor of Hazel jail history and crimes

I noticed that tatoo aswell. It's disgraceful, but that's my personal oppinion. It seems like he rally picked up all 'fashion habits' from drug dealers and gangsters....grillz, ridiculous tattos like 'black jesus', '***** with an attitude' or the teardrop now....gangmembers do that, pretty disgraceful for a professional athlete.

Thank god there are guys like Allan Houston, Jeremy Lin or Tim Tebow, who don't need that kind of lifestyle and focus on playing basketball and their love of god!

Here is Amar'e for you:

Looks like a scene from Training Day or Menace 2 Society, where is the crack?

I heard Lin wants to become a pastor once his playing days are over, praise the lord!

Lin is greater than Tebow.

The only similarities are they both praise God after wins. Totally different in every other way. Hopefully he's more like Kurt Warner and leads us to a championship.

I personally find praising god when they win in sports kind of silly though but hey, to each his own.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Feb 15, 2012 at 10:39.

Veteran

It's all about belief. When one starts to believe he/she can overcome anything. Religion is just another form of transferring that energy. Energy that can't be created nor destroyed. It's there for empowering... as well as disempowering, depending on the individual...

If you believe you'll have success for doing what you feel is right...good fortune will shine on you. Plus it helps to think positive, reality is only a manifestation of ones thoughts.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    It's all about belief. When one starts to believe he/she can overcome anything. Religion is just another form of transferring that energy. Energy that can't be created nor destroyed. It's there for empowering... as well as disempowering, depending on the individual...

If you believe you'll have success for doing what you feel is right...good fortune will shine on you. Plus it helps to think positive, reality is only a manifestation of ones thoughts.
    +1

That's one of the best and most practical descriptions I've ever heard on someone saying a quick "I thank God for...." and having that core belief throughout the process; and also the power of internal thought can have on external consequence.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller

Great post. Agreed. Believing in yourself and a positive outlook can do wonders. Regardless of whether one achieves that through religion or with self belief.

Although, I would like, just once, for an athlete after a win to say, "I want to thank Darwinian evolution and my parents for giving me the genetic makeup that made this possible". That would be funny. But sadly I think said athlete would be ripped apart and booed for saying it though.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Although, I would like, just once, for an athlete after a win to say, "I want to thank Darwinian evolution and my parents for giving me the genetic makeup that made this possible". That would be funny. But sadly I think said athlete would be ripped apart and booed for saying it though.
    Hahaaaaaaa.....

That would be a moment for sure, and I'd love to see it.

I think I'll be long dead before it happens, mind you.

Would you say that knowing that you'd be scrutinized? I know I would.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    The only similarities are they both praise God after wins. Totally different in every other way. Hopefully he's more like Kurt Warner and leads us to a championship.

I personally find praising god when they win in sports kind of silly though but hey, to each his own.
    interesting how the two amazing underdog stories are from two guys that make praising Jesus Christ a focus in their life.