Lin comparisons to Tebow

quiggle

Starter
there's been comparisons to Tebow and Lin even cites he is inspiration. if the comparisons are true then we lose to the Kings tongiht like Broncos had streak snapped by Patriots ending 6 straight, also peep Renaissance Mans teardrop tattoo in honor of Hazel jail history and crimes

Amare-Tattoo-628x354.jpg

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The only similarities are they both praise God after wins. Totally different in every other way. Hopefully he's more like Kurt Warner and leads us to a championship.

I personally find praising god when they win in sports kind of silly though but hey, to each his own.

Last edited:
It's all about belief. When one starts to believe he/she can overcome anything. Religion is just another form of transferring that energy. Energy that can't be created nor destroyed. It's there for empowering... as well as disempowering, depending on the individual...

If you believe you'll have success for doing what you feel is right...good fortune will shine on you. Plus it helps to think positive, reality is only a manifestation of ones thoughts.

iSaYughh

Starter
It's all about belief. When one starts to believe he/she can overcome anything. Religion is just another form of transferring that energy. Energy that can't be created nor destroyed. It's there for empowering... as well as disempowering, depending on the individual...

If you believe you'll have success for doing what you feel is right...good fortune will shine on you. Plus it helps to think positive, reality is only a manifestation of ones thoughts.

+1

That's one of the best and most practical descriptions I've ever heard on someone saying a quick "I thank God for...." and having that core belief throughout the process; and also the power of internal thought can have on external consequence.

there's been comparisons to Tebow and Lin even cites he is inspiration. if the comparisons are true then we lose to the Kings tongiht like Broncos had streak snapped by Patriots ending 6 straight, also peep Renaissance Mans teardrop tattoo in honor of Hazel jail history and crimes

Amare-Tattoo-628x354.jpg

I noticed that tatoo aswell. It's disgraceful, but that's my personal oppinion. It seems like he rally picked up all 'fashion habits' from drug dealers and gangsters....grillz, ridiculous tattos like 'black jesus', '***** with an attitude' or the teardrop now....gangmembers do that, pretty disgraceful for a professional athlete.

Thank god there are guys like Allan Houston, Jeremy Lin or Tim Tebow, who don't need that kind of lifestyle and focus on playing basketball and their love of god!

Here is Amar'e for you:

image.jpg

Looks like a scene from Training Day or Menace 2 Society, where is the crack?

I heard Lin wants to become a pastor once his playing days are over, praise the lord!

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Great post. Agreed. Believing in yourself and a positive outlook can do wonders. Regardless of whether one achieves that through religion or with self belief.

Although, I would like, just once, for an athlete after a win to say, "I want to thank Darwinian evolution and my parents for giving me the genetic makeup that made this possible". That would be funny. But sadly I think said athlete would be ripped apart and booed for saying it though.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Although, I would like, just once, for an athlete after a win to say, "I want to thank Darwinian evolution and my parents for giving me the genetic makeup that made this possible". That would be funny. But sadly I think said athlete would be ripped apart and booed for saying it though.

Hahaaaaaaa.....

That would be a moment for sure, and I'd love to see it.

I think I'll be long dead before it happens, mind you.

Would you say that knowing that you'd be scrutinized? I know I would.

quiggle

Starter
yes the comparison can be made what a coincidence both of them have winning streaks snapped by "New" teams, new england new orleans

exactly, LJ4 and iSayugh...unfortunately, such power... in the wrong hands can be used tactically to weakened the will of those succeeding. In the episode "to the point" Lin, I think was interviewed b4, or the day b4 he lost to Nola. I think the Interviewer Jinked him and created a seed of doubt...saying something like "You know you're going to loose sooner or later, right?" The look on Jerry's face was a bit disheartening...as I'm sure he only was thinking of success...until that moment....

Here's the interview if you guys are interested.... thanks btw

http://www.msg.com/our-teams/knicks/jeremy-lin-to-the-point-1.83704

He'll be alright, thou....just as long as he stays confident and disciplined.

Thugball

Benchwarmer
To me, their faith is not the main reason they are compared. Both are true underdog stories, guys nobody thought could hold their own, let alone have success in their respective leagues. Both turned around teams that were going nowhere and in doing so, they built a cult-like following. You either love or hate these guys. Personally I don't understand the hate for either. I loved the atmosphere Tebow created in Denver, those fans were going nuts at the end of the Bears and Steelers games. I am thrilled to have someone who can do that here in NY! Jeremy Lin has got MSG ON FIRE!

Paul1355

All Star
The only similarities are they both praise God after wins. Totally different in every other way. Hopefully he's more like Kurt Warner and leads us to a championship.

I personally find praising god when they win in sports kind of silly though but hey, to each his own.

interesting how the two amazing underdog stories are from two guys that make praising Jesus Christ a focus in their life.