My view on how Melo and Lin will compliment eachother

CA7

Scoring Champ
Carmelo Anthony is having his worst shooting year ever

Jeremy Lin is turning the ball over too much

how will they help.........its simple

Melo will take over the ball here and there and run some offense, so Lin doesn't have to handle the ball as much, he's still relatively young so he still has a learning curve, Lin is getting better every game and shouldn't be over worked, he's playing 40MPG with the ball, defending a guy who always has the ball, thats a lot of activity, Melo will help him in that aspect

Lin is going to push the ball and if Melo wants it then he's going to have to run, which means Melo gets more lay ups/dunks/free throws which gives him a rhythm which then makes his jumpers more smooth so he scoring 25 points easily on 15 shots, 35 points on 20 shots, 50 points on 25 shots, more open 3's, pump fake 1 dribble pull ups and pump fake 2 dribble attacks.

This is possibly the best thing to happen for both of them, I got a feeling we'll lose the 1st game Melo plays and then the whole Melo ruined everything blab will be over blown nonetheless they both need each other in order for the Knicks to win a title

Forrest17

Rotation player
i think lin should always run the offense. I think melo just being there will make teams unable to double team lin and stop the pick and roll as effectively as toronto did which would bring his turnovers down. they cant afford to possibly leave melo or amare or even chandler open. Melo's presence will open up the floor and make it easier for Lin and melo to drive to the basket which Melo hasnt been able to do all season, and thats most likely why Melo has been taken and bricking so many stupid jump shots, because defenses werent threatened by anyone else in the line up being able to find an open man so they just swarmed anthony

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
There's definitely positive ideas for Melo coming back (the other being him doing the same thing Walker is doing except hitting a lot more shots).

We'll see. Who KNOWS what will happen. I'm on the positive side with his return.

quiggle

Starter
its not going to work out eventually management should consider trading Melo for something better in return. if Melo screwed Denver over and ruined the team on his way to demanding a trade to here, he well will do it here as well.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
its not going to work out eventually management should consider trading Melo for something better in return. if Melo screwed Denver over and ruined the team on his way to demanding a trade to here, he well will do it here as well.
u_mad_gif.gif

Last edited:
If Lin's emergence could elevate the games of players like Novak and Jefferies, why is it so hard to believe that Lin might actually make Melo better? Melo certainly was more efficient last year when we had Billups instead of nothing at the point, and Billups wasn't playing at half the level of Lin's performance this last week.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/11929/tyson-on-melo-not-adjusting-nonsense

tl;dr version: before chauncey (i view him as more of a scorer than penetrate+creator) melo never ISOed nearly as much as he has the last few years. with andre and iverson it was pretty much half as often as with chauncey and td. virtually no difference in production with chauncey vs miller and iverson. then you look at his numbers from this year with and without lin (does not factor in his injuries) and it looks like a 2nd stringer vs an mvp candidate.

CoolClyde

i think lin should always run the offense. I think melo just being there will make teams unable to double team lin and stop the pick and roll as effectively as toronto did which would bring his turnovers down. they cant afford to possibly leave melo or amare or even chandler open. Melo's presence will open up the floor and make it easier for Lin and melo to drive to the basket which Melo hasnt been able to do all season, and thats most likely why Melo has been taken and bricking so many stupid jump shots, because defenses werent threatened by anyone else in the line up being able to find an open man so they just swarmed anthony
:agreed:

cynicalasshole.jpg

2Q==

Kiyaman

Legend
There is no-problem with Lin/Melo/Stat half-court offense

There is no-problem with Lin/Melo/Stat half-court offense other than having
a flawed headcoach that is clueless of halfcourt setting plays on offense/defense

Get rid of the small-short rotation so all the Knicks players could blend into a nice
chemistry....Tyson, Stat, Melo, Fields, and Lin will co-exist together, plus bring chemistry
to all their fellow teammates in this back to back 2011-12 season schedule.
To do this means we have to FIRE-Dantoni ASAP.
:agreed:
Having 7 DNP players on your roster makes for an unhappy roster that takes away
any signs of being a contender in the NBA.