Melo on Francesa (WFAN/YES) today at 4:30PM

Just a heads-up that Melo is expected to be on with Mike Francesa today at 4:30PM. Francesa has already said that one question he is going to ask Melo is whether or not it is true that Melo was the one who went to D'Antoni and advocated that he start using Lin more.

portega1968

El Cacique
According to Tommy Beer from The Knicks Blog, some things Melo said on Francesca:

- Francesca: “Will you be back within a week?” Melo: “Yes, absolutely....” Melo also said he was "overly excited" about getting to play w/ Lin

- More Melo: “Amar’e is a smart basketball. Jeremy is a smart basketball player. I think I’m a smart basketball player. We’ll figure it out.”

- Carmelo, on WFAN radio in NY: “The transition I will have to make is going back to my natural position, small forward.”

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
He also said his ankle, thumb and wrist are all okay. He admitted to playing kind of hurt and said he wont be back until he is 100 percent. The groin is still effecting him and he would not commit to saying he will be back friday.

Mike Francesa said two days ago he has tried to get Melo to do an interview on his show but Melo is usually off limits. It's kind of interesting two days later he came onto the show.