Sacramento Kings @ New York Knicks 2/15 7:30PM

sacramento_kingseps-1.jpg
@
new-york-knicks-logo-1.png

wdFGK8cHNdVcwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Sacramento Kings (10-18) New York Knicks (14-15)

carousel_knickskings2.jpg

Previous Game: Knicks won 114-92 on New Year's eve

Live from the world's most famous arena!

S
tarting Lineups:

4564.jpg
4648.jpg
3624.jpg
4474.jpg
4720.jpg

4795.jpg
4770.jpg
4509.jpg
3607.jpg
3512.jpg

Game Preview:
Just five starts into his NBA career, Jeremy Lin may be running out of ways to outdo himself.

Riding high with a burgeoning national following after more late clutch play, Lin leads the surging New York Knicks into the opener of a five-game homestand Wednesday night versus the Sacramento Kings.

Inserted into the starting lineup by coach Mike D'Antoni out of desperation just nine days ago following a career-high 25-point effort off the bench in a win against New Jersey on Feb. 4, Lin has skyrocketed to stardom with his unprecedented play with New York's first unit.

He has averaged 27.2 points - the highest scoring average for someone starting his first five games since the ABA-NBA merger - and 8.8 assists while shooting 50.0 percent as a starter in helping New York (14-15) grab the eighth and final spot in the Eastern Conference playoff race and extend its current winning streak to six games.

The legend of Linsanity grew again exponentially - his Twitter account now has more than 270,000 followers - in Toronto on Tuesday night, when he hit a tiebreaking 3-pointer with five-tenths of a second to play that capped a game-ending 13-1 run and gave the Knicks a 90-87 victory. The point guard, whose three-point play with 1:05 left tied the game at 87, also had a career-high 11 assists.

"I'm thankful that the coach and my teammates trust me with the ball at the end of the game," he said. "I like having it at the end of the game. I'm just very thankful."

Lin will undoubtedly get a hero's welcome at a raucous Madison Square Garden, likely to be feted by a crowd that has already taken to the Asian-American as one of its own - they have serenaded him with chants of "M-V-P" during his equally meteoric and unlikely rise to national acclaim during this win streak.

Lin's winning shot also overshadowed the return of Amar'e Stoudemire, who had 21 points and nine rebounds after missing four games following the death of his brother. The power forward seemed at ease running pick-and-rolls with Lin, who assisted on five of Stoudemire's baskets.

"I don't know what's going on in New York right now, but Jeremy's playing great," Stoudemire said. "He's playing phenomenal right now, it's amazing to watch him play out there. He's doing a phenomenal job."

The Raptors occasionally flustered Lin by double-teaming him above the top of the key, which contributed to him matching a season high with eight turnovers. While he has recorded at least seven assists in each game during New York's win streak, Lin also has committed six or more turnovers in four of them.

Whether the Kings can do similar things with Marcus Thornton likely to draw Lin defensively is uncertain. Sacramento (10-18) allowed a Chicago team without injured reigning MVP Derrick Rose to shoot 52.4 percent in a 121-115 loss Tuesday night.

The Kings nearly rallied from a 19-point fourth-quarter deficit as Thornton, Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins combined to score 78 points, but were unable to finish the rally as they fell to 3-13 on the road.

"They're a tough team," Evans said. "They play together. They run that high pick-and-roll good with the bigs. They ran it all night on us and got a lot of fouls. That's what killed us."

Sacramento has dropped six of seven on the road but has made the most of its recent trips to New York, winning four straight and six of seven there after dropping 16 of the previous 17.

The Knicks had an easy time in Sacramento on New Year's Eve, rolling to a 114-92 win as rookie Josh Harrellson had 14 points and 12 rebounds in his first NBA start in place of the injured Stoudemire.​

Big
gest Matchup:

ap-201202101953715827524.jpg

1297113686.jpg

Songs of the night:

Let the Linsanity continue!

large_213PlayerWeekNew.jpg

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
If we can contain tyreke Evans tonight, this should be a breeze the Kings are not exactly good shooters. We need to watch out for Cousins to he likes attacking the boards.

If you add a sexytime girl on your intro, i'll go.
Here you go!

210edtz.gif

* also, don't apologize Almost_famous718, a lot of poster make the same mistake. It's just that I had to put together this thread and then when I finished I see that somebody else had already made it before me. :teeth:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Here you go!

210edtz.gif

* also, don't apologize Almost_famous718, a lot of poster make the same mistake. It's just that I had to put together this thread and then when I finished I see that somebody else had already made it before me. :teeth:
lol its cool i should of read the show thread, but can we have a good Luck charm :pray::pray::crossfingers:

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Great thread, that over head pic of MSG just got me hyped.

Everyone take note that the Kings are a much different team than the one we put up 114 points on. They are a much improved team who has been having close battles with teams and even beat the Thunder last week. Let's see how STAT plays agains Cousins.

RP WRONG THREAD: liked carmelo anthony interview with stephen a smith he seems like he is irritated with ppl saying he will suck the life out of jeremy lins fame, now no more melo bringing the ball up trying to be a point forward and more posting and toasting and playing his signature "bully ball".

The only plays we should run are:

1.Amare and lin pick and roll at wings and top of key
2.Lin and Amare pick and pop
3.Melo iso/post up on left block
4.Melo 3pt wing iso
5.Lin and chandler pick and roll
6.Screens for shooters

that should be our priority with #1 being the highest,lin and amare should be our main scorers and melo should be our closer/bail out player

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
nice threadage btw A4P

*Edit: I notice you got the game thread up pretty late A4P. It's not absolutely necessary, but there's been some encouragement to get the GTs up earlier if you can. Much better for everyone.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
Lin vs Evans lets see. I didn't particularly care for Lin's defense last night- but he made up for that.