Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Has this been said yet?

  1. #16
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u must really HATE our FAKE headcoach Damnphoney trying to take all the credit for Jeremy Lin's success....Dantoni owe Steve Nash 90% of his pay check
    You, my friend...are correct.But whats really getting to me, is all the people, trying to give him credit for LINS success, like he actually developed LIN.Lins game hasn't changed one bit under antoni, remember he sent him to the D league, and then buried him behind, possibly the worst GUARD in the NBA.Oh i'm ranting, but yes your correct about my feelings about this coach, but don't get me wrong i'm ecstatic that we are winning.

  2. #17
    Newbie Purch.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    You, my friend...are correct.But whats really getting to me, is all the people, trying to give him credit for LINS success, like he actually developed LIN.Lins game hasn't changed one bit under antoni, remember he sent him to the D league, and then buried him behind, possibly the worst GUARD in the NBA.Oh i'm ranting, but yes your correct about my feelings about this coach, but don't get me wrong i'm ecstatic that we are winning.
    I don't mean to be rude, and it might just be my ignorance but where are you guys getting this whole "D'antoni is stealing Lins credit" or even people giving D'antoni Lin's credit?
    And it's the whole coaching staff / GM's decision to send people to the D-League, it's not like D'antoni is sitting on some Throne of Judgement casting players to Erie, lmao.

    I completely understand how you guys can rip on him, especially on his personnel usage (8-man rotation bs), but I'm at a loss for this kind of stuff people are trying to pull, I might be dumb as rocks and missed something huge

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Purch.
    I don't mean to be rude, and it might just be my ignorance but where are you guys getting this whole "D'antoni is stealing Lins credit" or even people giving D'antoni Lin's credit?
    And it's the whole coaching staff / GM's decision to send people to the D-League, it's not like D'antoni is sitting on some Throne of Judgement casting players to Erie, lmao.

    I completely understand how you guys can rip on him, especially on his personnel usage (8-man rotation bs), but I'm at a loss for this kind of stuff people are trying to pull, I might be dumb as rocks and missed something huge
    You will see some people logically assign blame/credit where it should go. Unfortunately most people are for one reason or another extremely bitter and just want to go the hate route. Anything bad that happens is MDA's fault. My guess is they got used to blaming Isiah for every little thing and when he left they couldn't adjust back to using their brains. Just my guess.

  4. #19
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Purch.
    I don't mean to be rude, and it might just be my ignorance but where are you guys getting this whole "D'antoni is stealing Lins credit" or even people giving D'antoni Lin's credit?
    And it's the whole coaching staff / GM's decision to send people to the D-League, it's not like D'antoni is sitting on some Throne of Judgement casting players to Erie, lmao.

    I completely understand how you guys can rip on him, especially on his personnel usage (8-man rotation bs), but I'm at a loss for this kind of stuff people are trying to pull, I might be dumb as rocks and missed something huge
    Your not being rude at all, i just get a little ticked when people say he is great at developing PG's, when in reality he's had 1 great PG, and when he(antoni) left PHX, Nash didn't miss a beat.Maybe i'm just tired of him getting out coached all the time, and not making simple adjustment, that would make the game easier on our STARS.i understand that the higher ups decide who goes to the d League, but antoni decides who plays, and all the minutes he gave TD, is inexcusable in my book, if he couldn't see that LIN ran his offense better in practice, he must be blind, TD is horrible, and always has been.

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    You will see some people logically assign blame/credit where it should go. Unfortunately most people are for one reason or another extremely bitter and just want to go the hate route. Anything bad that happens is MDA's fault. My guess is they got used to blaming Isiah for every little thing and when he left they couldn't adjust back to using their brains. Just my guess.
    I don't blame him for everything, but IMO, he's one of the worst coaches in the NBA.

  5. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    Your not being rude at all, i just get a little ticked when people say he is great at developing PG's, when in reality he's had 1 great PG, and when he(antoni) left PHX, Nash didn't miss a beat.Maybe i'm just tired of him getting out coached all the time, and not making simple adjustment, that would make the game easier on our STARS.i understand that the higher ups decide who goes to the d League, but antoni decides who plays, and all the minutes he gave TD, is inexcusable in my book, if he couldn't see that LIN ran his offense better in practice, he must be blind, TD is horrible, and always has been.

    I don't blame him for everything, but IMO, he's one of the worst coaches in the NBA.
    If Lin got his shot and averaged 15 and 7 with atrocious defense MDA would probably have been assassinated by now. There are so many things that are partially or completely out of his control that he gets blamed for. In game adjustments and subsitutions are fair game. His weak system, or no system, is not a fair criticism.

  6. #21
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by amazinz5
    If Lin got his shot and averaged 15 and 7 with atrocious defense MDA would probably have been assassinated by now. There are so many things that are partially or completely out of his control that he gets blamed for. In game adjustments and subsitutions are fair game. His weak system, or no system, is not a fair criticism.
    But in game adjustments, are one of the most important things in good coaching, his subs are pretty bad also, your right about the system thing though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •