Knicks Can Keep Lin With $5 Million Exception

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
If you weren't the person who JUST started campaigning for mod based off this not happening, you may have a point. But right now you either don't realize you're contradicting yourself, and aren't nearly qualified, or you think you should have different rules than everyone else, and you aren't nearly qualified. When you said the bullshit was behind you I thought fine, if hes not gonna be a tool and argue about who's toughest on the internet i dont have a problem with it. But this is really really stupid.

This dude sounds really bitter. He steal your bike or something, you guys seem to have a history.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
You can't hate other people until you truly hate yourself first....stop hating yourself. Stay humble and confident my brother.

Is this or is this not what you made ANOTHER thread to complain about? I've seen at least a couple other threads about our FA situation, and probably close to 10 about Lin.

In essense, you started a thread about the need for a mod because of your actions, and in the same thread tried to be a mod yourself. Is that simple enough for you? Are you able to actually respond to points raised against you and not attack someone personally?

metrocard

Legend
This dude sounds really bitter. He steal your bike or something, you guys seem to have a history.

Probably an old poster with a new account who got roasted by me in 2007 or 08...anyway, back to the topic.

If sign Lin, Lin Melo Tyson and Stat can one of the best group of 4 in the league, depending if Amare and Melo comes back to Earth.

metrocard

Legend
Is this or is this not what you made ANOTHER thread to complain about? I've seen at least a couple other threads about our FA situation, and probably close to 10 about Lin.

In essense, you started a thread about the need for a mod because of your actions, and in the same thread tried to be a mod yourself. Is that simple enough for you? Are you able to actually respond to points raised against you and not attack someone personally?

internet_serious_business_6.jpg

bertstare-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-38.gif

47624dd8-c2ca-43f1-9813-3e5752524dab.jpg

Stop it. ELE guys! Everybody love everybody!

I could understand the fighting back in the day but we have a great team now! No one on here should be fighting we should all be man-hugging each other with optional tears of joy!

metrocard

Legend
47624dd8-c2ca-43f1-9813-3e5752524dab.jpg

Stop it. ELE guys! Everybody love everybody!

I could understand the fighting back in the day but we have a great team now! No one on here should be fighting we should all be man-hugging each other with optional tears of joy!

I'm a man of friendship, the only war thats in my life goes on in the boxing ring. This poor insecure guy is obviously reaching and trolling. I'm all Knicks here, don't want to discuss anything else.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer

I'm a man of friendship, the only war thats in my life goes on in the boxing ring. This poor insecure guy is obviously reaching and trolling. I'm all Knicks here, don't want to discuss anything else.

What about this says you should be a mod? As far as the insecure thing, have you ever heard of projection? Or the guy that has the need to talk about being tough on the internet?

No one is attacking you, there's no need to get defensive, childish, or to start attacking anyone. It is not unreasonable to request clarification on your contradiction.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
It amazes me how far you will go to attempt to look cool and avoid the topic of you being wrong. Where does this immense need to look like a tough guy come from? Are you a lot worse than you claim in the ring and need to pretend to be cool here to make up for it?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
If we do not resign Lin then we don't deserve success.
We will ATTEMPT to sign Nash with it instead while Lin watches

metrocard

Legend
If we do not resign Lin then we don't deserve success.
We will ATTEMPT to sign Nash with it instead while Lin watches

That wouldn't hurt us, I can see Nash and Lin playing together, best combo of PG's. After we win a chip, Nash retires, Lin learns from Nash and molds into a top 5 PG in the NBA.

iSaYughh

Starter
That wouldn't hurt us, I can see Nash and Lin playing together, best combo of PG's. After we win a chip, Nash retires, Lin learns from Nash and molds into a top 5 PG in the NBA.

No joke, I've always felt the same since Lin started. How damn good Lin has played past couple is giving me second thought, though.

But Nash...with Lin getting his back up minutes? And being developed and tutored to his max potential while Nash is here for 2, 3 years absolute max.

We could also keep Nash maximally fresh for big games and the playoffs (like what Pop has been doing with Duncan this year), which would only give Lin even more quality minutes even while Nash is here.

Plus, a PG stable of two guards of that caliber minimizes the trauma of an injury apocalypse...which we know all too well would be a killer with this team.

It seems very likely as well. Nash sounds like he wants to play with Lin on twitter. I could see us starting a Nash/Lin backcourt next year like Bilups/Lawson in Denver. Then playing Landry and Shump at the 2 most of the game.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
No joke, I've always felt the same since Lin started. How damn good Lin has played past couple is giving me second thought, though.

But Nash...with Lin getting his back up minutes? And being developed and tutored to his max potential while Nash is here for 2, 3 years absolute max.

We could also keep Nash maximally fresh for big games and the playoffs (like what Pop has been doing with Duncan this year), which would only give Lin even more quality minutes even while Nash is here.

Plus, a PG stable of two guards of that caliber minimizes the trauma of an injury apocalypse...which we know all too well would be a killer with this team.

I thought Chauncey's presence would help TD become the future pg of the knicks. I understand TD was never a pg nor did he have the ability to become one, but in the future I don't think that should be a factor in roster decisions.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
idk the way Lin is playing he is like a mini me Nash, i would like nash but it all depends on how much money he wants, because we can probably just get a vet Backup Pg, like you said before a Andre miller. Do you think he would take the vet Min to play here? he'll be i think 36 next year but he can still produce so i dont know what kind of contract he'd recieve from other teams. He can run the P&R and is a legit passer, we can use what we would give to nash toward more Bench depth or who knows Baron (whenever he comes back) if he comes back healthy and can produce we can always resign him for the vet min. I can see nash being traded to a contender, he's getting old the suns know he's there offense they might try to get something out him while he's still producing at high levels. He stated he wanted to stay in phoenix, but the NBA is a business so you never know. there not a playoff contender.

iSaYughh

Starter
I thought Chauncey's presence would help TD become the future pg of the knicks. I understand TD was never a pg nor did he have the ability to become one, but in the future I don't think that should be a factor in roster decisions.

I can't disagree with that. It often sounds much better in theory, than it ever actually is in practical reality.

I don't think it should ever be a primary consideration.

But, Nash is the rare player that I would consider a true student of the game, and a refined thinker; which seems to be right in line with Lin's personality and basketball DNA.

I might not even say that's still worthy of being a true consideration, per say....but I think the play of Nash, and Lin being able to watch him 1st hand like he would, has to have some clear (positive) cause-effect?

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Although I love nash, the idea of Lin and Nash as our backcourt will be a defensive nightmare. We see how Lin has been exposed defensivly the last couple of nights and Nash is not the greatest defender.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I can't disagree with that. It often sounds much better in theory, than it ever actually is in practical reality.

I don't think it should ever be a primary consideration.

But, Nash is the rare player that I would consider a true student of the game, and a refined thinker; which seems to be right in line with Lin's personality and basketball DNA.

I might not even say that's still worthy of being a true consideration, per say....but I think the play of Nash, and Lin being able to watch him 1st hand like he would, has to have some clear (positive) cause-effect?

It should help, but I'd say there's just as good a chance Lin has the same effect on someone younger, cheaper, less injury prone, etc. I'm not trying to say I'd turn down Nash. He's been one of my favorite athletes outside of NY. At this point in his career it'd be like picking up an already established pitcher in free agency. Always a risk. You could say the same for sticking with Lin but I've never seen a player as smart as him nor have I seen a single player have as big an effect on everyone around him, save for maybe Eli.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Although I love nash, the idea of Lin and Nash as our backcourt will be a defensive nightmare. We see how Lin has been exposed defensivly the last couple of nights and Nash is not the greatest defender.
right and then you have stat who's not the brightest defensively