Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're ranked 8th in defensive efficiency

Default We're ranked 8th in defensive efficiency

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Look at the end of your link order/false.

Lol.. It's legit

This needs to become a Mike Woodson appreciation thread. Holy...

Originally Posted by Purch.
    And Tyson Chandler... and Iman Shumpert...

Originally Posted by Purch.
    Obviously I agree but I'd like to see MDA get some credit, if nothing else at least for changing as a person enough to the point where he can let another coach come in and work on defense. If he doesn't agree to Woodson we either don't have this offense or don't have this defense.

That being said, Woodson Tyson and Iman have had as much of an impact on the defense as MDA and Lin have on offense. That is not an exaggeration. Woke up to sportscenter and they actually had to mention the progress our defense has made. 7 (albeit weak opponents) games without giving up 100 points. How many times did we give up 100 to the ****piles of the NBA last year?

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    And Tyson Chandler... and Iman Shumpert...
    Gotta include Jarred Jeffries maaaaaaan....

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    Obviously I agree but I'd like to see MDA get some credit, if nothing else at least for changing as a person enough to the point where he can let another coach come in and work on defense. If he doesn't agree to Woodson we either don't have this offense or don't have this defense.
    I mean it was a little forced because I'm sure it was a good amount of "We're bringing is this guy to help you, step aside on D and let him do his thing or you're out of here."

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Oh fo sho him too

I think at times we've been an incredible defensive team this season, where the opposition got NOTHING and I mean absolutely nothing.
    Overall we're pretty good on D this year night in and night out.
    Sometimes we still allow easy baskets or don't rebound well, but it all became much much better.

The funny thing is, the first two games in the playoffs last season we played great defense for 3 quarters and did't gave them anything, we just couldn't keep it up for 48 minutes or even 5-10 games in a row.

This season our defense has improved a lot. Obviously Tyson is the biggest reason for that, he's such a beast and leader...I might eventually turn gay for him.

But Jared Jeffries, Harrelson, Shumpert, even Lin and Walker deserve credit too.

And let's not forget about our coaching staff, with no real training camp or
    legit summer league they've done a tremendous job to turn the defense around. We used to be the laughing stock of the NBA like: "You can get every shot you want against these Knicks" - Del Curry or: "They have no interior defense, they have none!" - Tommy Heinson.

Not anymore folks. This is probably our biggest improvement this season and close to a miracle reagarding the circumstances. I think we haven't even reached full potential yet, we could play Chicago-type defense in the playoffs, maybe even better....

Lin ranks 7th among all NBA players.

Veteran

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Right.

Who is D'antoni's guy (if for no other reason, than D'antoni has been slagged on so hard so constantly for giving him PT).

Also, before this season....D'antoni was slagged on because he would never allow a defensive assistant coach to join the team....and that he would never allow a true defensive center to come; or that a true defensive center would never come because D'antoni was coach; or, even if this somehow did happen, they would not play well.

Obviously, the goal post has moved again quite a bit, as all those things were proven false.

Let's not make this too complicated, though. What makes a good defensive team? Good defensive players.

Wanna know what gives a team a chance to look like a complete, well-run, efficient team? A complete, legitimate roster without gaping black holes at eiher of the two most critical roster spots that you can't bull**** around (PG, Center).

We had the pre-Lin PG equivalent of a black hole at Center before Chandler got here. Not to mention STAT at PF.

When you have a legit starting Center, your defense has a chance to be good, and a real opportunity to take advantage of proper personel.

edit -- we should be able to accompany this with a top5 offense, bare minimum, too; if D'antoni was able to make our offense that lethal pre-Melo, in year one of having STAT and a fresh team, I'd personally be a bit surprised if we don't end up with a top3 offense, right alongside OKC.

I hate to do this my peoples, but let's temper our enthusiasm...just a touch.
    While we HAVE obviously improved defensively, remember that it's all relative. Sometimes we look great on D...sometimes, not so much.

Check our SOS.

I admit our defense is getting there we are improving our defense every game , its just that some of our players are slow on defense and dont see or react quick enough, ala Jeffries etc

Most importantly were doing something we couldn't exactly do before and thats making defensive stops down the stretch.