Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What rotation would you go with?

Damn I just hope with this JR additon Shump, Novak and Fields don't get burried. Do people think JR would do better at 2 backing up fields or 3 backing up Melo?

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Damn I just hope with this JR additon Shump, Novak and Fields don't get burried. Do people think JR would do better at 2 backing up fields or 3 backing up Melo?
    Shumpert and Fields are the more versatile players. Both of them can guard 2's or 3's. Shumpert had the strength and defensive ability to play the 3 and Fields has the height to play the 3.

Smith is more of a pure SG.

Having a bench come in of Smith and Shumpert gives you a very athletic combo of offense and defense.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    as bad as douglas had been playing, he has been better than Bibby, who's shooting is even worse than Douglas.

Bibby just lost his shot and has no confidence anymore.

Once Melo comes back and we welcome in J.R Smith, the points guards should be in this order on the depth chart:
    Lin
    Davis
    Shumpert
    Douglas

I think Bill Walker, Douglas, Balkman, and Bibby won't be on this team next year so I can see Walker Douglas and Balkman being traded with Bibby getting cut.

Can't wait to see Smith on this team. He jocks it but we need outside shooters.

A bench with Davis, Smith, Shumpert, Novak, and Harrelson/Jeffries is solid.
    who would trade for walker, douglas bibby and balkman.
    Bibby was at one time great, but he hasn't show up on the knicks. he's got nothing left in the tank.
    Walker is a backup and not playing well at all. Making him low on teams radar
    Douglas, The most talented of the bunch, could figure it out...but with the return of DAvis looming and the way D'Antoni runs the bench...he won't get a chance. I do feel he could learn from a player like Lin and I think he's a tough player. He has to become a PG, has to see the success Lin has and try and add that to his game.
    Balkman, a hussle role player but unattractive to teams

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Shumpert and Fields are the more versatile players. Both of them can guard 2's or 3's. Shumpert had the strength and defensive ability to play the 3 and Fields has the height to play the 3.

Having a bench come in of Smith and Shumpert gives you a very athletic combo of offense and defense.
    The whole mix can split time everywhere.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by jzero29
    who would trade for walker, douglas bibby and balkman.
    At this point, not even a Chinese team will call us for those scrubs

Word just slide Shump to the 3 he can guard 3 positions anyway and he's not gonna have the ball in his hands too much playing with BD and Smith

Originally Posted by portega1968
    At this point, not even a Chinese team will call us for those scrubs
    well walker is serviceable but yea the others are garbage i really expected more out of bibby

Lin/Davis
    Smith/Shumpert
    Melo/Fields/Novak
    Jeffries/Harrelson/Novak
    Chandler/Jeffries

Shumpert would also be my backup PG until Davis is healthy...I would also bring Balkman in if more defense was needed from the SF position. Lets say we're playing Oklahoma...Melo's in foul trouble or on the bench. Durants been lightin up Fields and Novak. Then I'd bring in Balkman, that type of situation.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Lin/Davis
    Smith/Shumpert
    Melo/Fields/Novak
    Jeffries/Harrelson/Novak
    Chandler/Jeffries

Shumpert would also be my backup PG until Davis is healthy...I would also bring Balkman in if more defense was needed from the SF position. Lets say we're playing Oklahoma...Melo's in foul trouble or on the bench. Durants been lightin up Fields and Novak. Then I'd bring in Balkman, that type of situation.
    yea thats how its gonna have to be because shump will need to guard westbrook and then durant will have a field day against melo so thats our only option

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    yea thats how its gonna have to be because shump will need to guard westbrook and then durant will have a field day against melo so thats our only option
    Exactly what I was thinkin with Shump, you gotta use him with these types of matchups. He can stay with those speedy point guards for the most part. I just dont think he really has the height to bother Durant, hes better off guarding Westbrook. Put Lin on Harden and Sefolosha. The key to Harden is staying with him, hes great at taking advantage of being open. Team try to double other players and its not a good idea with Harden on the court. They'd probably wanna at least try JR Smith on Westbrook too

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Exactly what I was thinkin with Shump, you gotta use him with these types of matchups. He can stay with those speedy point guards for the most part. I just dont think he really has the height to bother Durant, hes better off guarding Westbrook. Put Lin on Harden and Sefolosha. The key to Harden is staying with him, hes great at taking advantage of being open. Team try to double other players and its not a good idea with Harden on the court. They'd probably wanna at least try JR Smith on Westbrook too
    well i wouldnt say durant isnt bothered by smaller players look what tony allen did to him in the playoffs last year,it can be done just gotta get physical with him.

^

I like Shumperts defense and i think he'll get even better but Tony Allen is the best or one of the best perimeter/man to man/team defenders in the league. Shump can get to that elite level though, hes got some of the quickest hands I've ever seen. As far as the rush hour comparisons go, I know that Shumpert obviously looks alot more like Carter but handspeed wise hes on par with Lee. You gotta point though too, It'd be worth giving him a chance against Durant or any other small forward in the league that can put up alotta points.