The Four Knicks Coming Back/Debuting Hype Thread!

the knicks should bring back melo on friday or against the nets on monday. don't bring him back during the tough stretch coming up.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
If we ever land JR, I hope MDA puts Jorts back down the paint more. I know he can stroke it (pause) but we need his rebounding and paint presence more than his three point shot.

LeFlume

All Star
Why don't fu(k it up completely. Let's bring back Zeke and Starbury. Perfect mix with Jr Smith...I'm gonna be a Nets fan...:barf:

KingCharles34

All Star
Why don't fu(k it up completely. Let's bring back Zeke and Starbury. Perfect mix with Jr Smith...I'm gonna be a Nets fan...:barf:

The bolded is neg rep worthy..."or possibly ill let u slide slime"

green rep to any poster who can tell me what rapper said that

KingCharles34

All Star
Mr. MC Guru my man. I'm a huge Big L fan so I love that kind of music

If i could green rep 5 times i would...but how do I know u didnt go to google?
385_smiley_face_cop.gif

I went to google just to make sure i got the lyrics right, i saw them refer to Guru as MC Guru. But hes most commonly referred to as Guru, who is one half of Gangstarr...the other half being the legendary DJ Premier.

But fukk it, ill still give u green rep

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
If i could green rep 5 times i would...but how do I know u didnt go to google?
385_smiley_face_cop.gif

I went to google just to make sure i got the lyrics right, i saw them refer to Guru as MC Guru. But hes most commonly referred to as Guru, who is one half of Gangstarr...the other half being the legendary DJ Premier.

But fukk it, ill still give u green rep

I'm a huge Gangstarr and huge old school hip hop fan. Love the Jazzy beats and ill metaphors. I'm an old school cat who referes to ppl as MC's not rappers. Here's my top 5 artists and thanks for the rep:

1) Rakim (the God)
2) Big L
3) Gangstarr I was able to see Guru perform down in brooklyn a few years back it was incredible.
4) Jayz- Nas are tied for me
5) Mos Def- way too poetic to leave him off. But Biggie is pretty close too.

KingCharles34

All Star
I believe fam, i just wanted to use that cop smiley

Thats a very respectable top 5...mines sorta similar

1 Nas
2 Pac
3 Rakim
4 Guru
5 Jay-Z

Your real lucky to have seen Guru perform, hes definitely one of the Goats and was known as a classy dude. His death was the first celebrity death that was sorta tough, still sad to see him gone. But Rakim at #1...cant go wrong with that either, i go back and forth between Pac Nas and Rakim. Sometimes i find myself rewinding some of his verses over and over again, like the Militia remix. Much respect to u for that top 5, the old schools where its at. I gotta up my hip hop thread in the hangout section.

I believe fam, i just wanted to use that cop smiley

Thats a very respectable top 5...mines sorta similar

1 Nas
2 Pac
3 Rakim
4 Guru
5 Jay-Z

Your real lucky to have seen Guru perform, hes definitely one of the Goats and was known as a classy dude. His death was the first celebrity death that was sorta tough, still sad to see him gone. But Rakim at #1...cant go wrong with that either, i go back and forth between Pac Nas and Rakim. Sometimes i find myself rewinding some of his verses over and over again, like the Militia remix. Much respect to u for that top 5, the old schools where its at. I gotta up my hip hop thread in the hangout section.

best 5 i seen so far gotta give big boi and andre 3k rep both underrated lyricists

KingCharles34

All Star
Im an Outkast fan too but most of the music i like from them is from their first 2 cd's...for some reason i wasnt feeling aquemini as much but most consider it a classic

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Im an Outkast fan too but most of the music i like from them is from their first 2 cd's...for some reason i wasnt feeling aquemini as much but most consider it a classic

BTW ill top 5 brother, you got some west coast flavor in there. Very respectful, well rounded top 5. I got to listen to some more Pac. I've been on my KRS and Redman grind lately.

KingCharles34

All Star
BTW ill top 5 brother, you got some west coast flavor in there. Very respectful, well rounded top 5. I got to listen to some more Pac. I've been on my KRS and Redman grind lately.

I think i know what your gettin at...Its that New York bias. Honestly if Pac was from NY he'd probably be my favorite rapper ever. But surprisingly DMX is my fav, even though his style is alot different from most the rappers I listen too. But Pacs amazing, his discographys definitely worth looking into. But KRS and Redman are real dope too, i got KRS in my top 5 and Redmans not too far out of my top 10. I respect him in anyones top 10 though, hes got the accolades to be up there. His solo albums, first 3 were classics in my opinion...and the work he put in with EPMD. Method Man too, Red could even be top 5

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I think i know what your gettin at...Its that New York bias. Honestly if Pac was from NY he'd probably be my favorite rapper ever. But surprisingly DMX is my fav, even though his style is alot different from most the rappers I listen too. But Pacs amazing, his discographys definitely worth looking into. But KRS and Redman are real dope too, i got KRS in my top 5 and Redmans not too far out of my top 10. I respect him in anyones top 10 though, hes got the accolades to be up there. His solo albums, first 3 were classics in my opinion...and the work he put in with EPMD. Method Man too, Red could even be top 5

Totally agree....too bad nothing good is coming out these days. I had high hopes for that kid j.cole's album cole world but it wasn't even close to his mix tapes. If you want to listen to something decent and recent listen to his Friday Night lights mixtape.

yea rappers are hard to list theres only a few that should automatically be there like biggie pac or jay z but after that its really just w/e you feel,and i agree with redman in top 5 he can be in their no problem,time 4 sum aksion and da goodness are in my top 15 songs

Totally agree....too bad nothing good is coming out these days. I had high hopes for that kid j.cole's album cole world but it wasn't even close to his mix tapes. If you want to listen to something decent and recent listen to his Friday Night lights mixtape.

yea i thought j cole was the second coming...boy was i wrong

KingCharles34

All Star
I havent been able to get into J Cole...the only current rappers i listen to are slaughterhouse, dmx, mobb deep, Nas, Rae Ghost and Meth...basically the rappers that have been around for a while. They're all still droppin new material. And I should add Styles P and the Lox to that, Busta Rhymes still drops some good songs too. Mainstream rap is just horrible and disrespectful to the pioneers. U got wayne and drake acting like f*gs, wiz khalifa lookin anorexic...its just too soft now. I do see Lupe and J Cole as 2 of the best younger mainstream rappers in the game even though I dont listen to them. I acknowledge that they're alot more lyrical then wayne, drake, and wiz

I havent been able to get into J Cole...the only current rappers i listen to are slaughterhouse, dmx, mobb deep, Nas, Rae Ghost and Meth...basically the rappers that have been around for a while. They're all still droppin new material. And I should add Styles P and the Lox to that, Busta Rhymes still drops some good songs too. Mainstream rap is just horrible and disrespectful to the pioneers. U got wayne and drake acting like f*gs, wiz khalifa lookin anorexic...its just too soft now. I do see Lupe and J Cole as 2 of the best younger mainstream rappers in the game even though I dont listen to them. I acknowledge that they're alot more lyrical then wayne, drake, and wiz

yea wayne has completely made rap pop,he created the punchline movement now rappers see that as a way to easily sound creative when its just stupid nonsense,i liked wayne on tha carter 2 and down but after tha carter 2 he has been an alien.