Thread: When healthy, do we have one of if not THE best bench in the NBA?

Default When healthy, do we have one of if not THE best bench in the NBA?

Last year it was Denver, this year i think its ether us, Philly, OKC, or Chicago. I know its a stretch for us to have THE best bench, but if Jeffries can keep up his production, Baron can come back at 100%, and Jorts could show us a little something then who knows

JR Smith
    Baron Davis
    Iman Shumpert
    Jared Jeffries
    Steve Novak
    Mike Bibby
    Josh Harrelson
    Toney Douglas
    Bill Walker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

That bench is so deep its not even funny. The Pistons would die to have Baron, JR Smith, Novak, Jorts, and Jeffries as a starting line-up!

I think OKC or Dallas is the deepest team in the NBA, but when fully healthy we are right up there with Chicago as the deepest team in the eastern confrence.
    Last edited by KnicksWillRiseAgain; Feb 16, 2012 at 21:27.

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Last year it was Denver, this year i think its ether us, Philly, OKC, or Chicago. I know its a stretch for us to have THE best bench, but if Jeffries can keep up his production, Baron can come back at 100%, and Jorts could show us a little something then who knows

JR Smith
    Baron Davis
    Iman Shumpert
    Jared Jeffries
    Steve Novak
    Mike Bibby
    Toney Douglas
    Bill Walker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

That bench is so deep its not even funny. The Pistons would die to have Baron, JR Smith, Novak, Jorts, and Jeffries as a starting line-up!

I think OKC or Dallas is the deepest team in the NBA, but when fully healthy we are right up there with Chicago as the deepest team in the eastern confrence.
    JR Smith
    Baron Davis
    Iman Shumpert
    Jared Jeffries
    Steve Novak
    JORTS
    walker

fixed*

honestly the only other benches that would even come as a threat would be

Portland
    Bulls
    rockets
    Mavs

Thunder? ehh Lockdown harden&cook /keep collinson off the boards and there bench is crap

Westbrook, Durant and Harden carry that team ALOT. If durant ever went down that team would be F*uked and westbrook would be chucking away.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Feb 16, 2012 at 21:35.

Best Bench, Best starting 5

Nice job fixing that post almost famous, green rep

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Best Bench, Best starting 5

Nice job fixing that post almost famous, green rep
    Yeah thanks Fame lol

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I want JR to start...Fields is a natural 3 and would be the primary scorer off the bench...with Iman backing up Lin/Smith and Jared backing up STAT/Tyson

Jorts/Novak fight for 9th man.

i wouldnt say the best bench but definitely the most explosive but even with JR he is gonna get 10+ but for how many shot attempts? shump is consistent he takes what the d gives him and he is starting to become our tony allen,jeffries should be considered for defensive player of the year votes,baron davis will be one of the best backup PG's off the bench, he wont have to look for melo and amare as much and he can focus on slashing to the basket and creating.

Novak is one of the best shooters in the league and bill walker is a good shooter with little space required to hit a 3.on second thought our bench could be starting for the bobcats which isnt good but we basically have a bad NBA team starting 5 coming off the bench which equals one of the best benches in the league lol.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I want JR to start...Fields is a natural 3 and would be the primary scorer off the bench...with Iman backing up Lin/Smith and Jared backing up STAT/Tyson

I like the sig....:WOW: at Lin not even being Flammable...Hes TermLinator status

It works out good, Carmelo has a full time backup with Fields. Same with Smith and Shump, and Lin could eventually have his own backup depending on what Baron Davis can do.

i think a front court of jeffries and jorts is 100 times better then jeffries and novak. jorts is a better all around player who can also shoot the 3 ball as well as post up its a no brainer who gets the playing time

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    i think a front court of jeffries and jorts is 100 times better then jeffries and novak. jorts is a better all around player who can also shoot the 3 ball as well as post up its a no brainer who gets the playing time
    idk novak has been auto for us he just seems to never be in a slump

I don't think having JR start would be a good idea Fields fits a nice role like Chandler someone in the starting lineup that hustles and doesn't need the ball to be effective. I know he's a natural 3 but I'd still have JR back him up he's better off being the go to guy for a 2nd unit.

Steve Novak deserves playing time, no matter what Lin did without Novak we don't win some of those games

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    idk novak has been auto for us he just seems to never be in a slump
    i guess if we need points he can come in but as for someone who can score for us and hustle like jeffries does on the defensive end jorts is our guy

I know this idea probably sounds really crazy but with our bench for some games I think it would be advantageous to start

Lin
    Fields
    Melo
    Jefrries
    Chandler

Play your defense. Get your rebounds. Get your layups. Let melo have his fun.

One part of Melos game that worries me whilst playing with Chandler and Amare is his low post game. When Melo is having one of his 30 point games, its usually because he is successful at the rim and getting second chance buckets. Although Melo hasn't been entirely healthy, I haven't really seen this from Melo this year and I think that having Amare come off the bench at times could help this.

Having Amare come off the bench allows you to play an even more uptempo game against teams backups or even better, their starters when they are tired

Imagine

Baron
    J.R. / Shump
    Novak
    Jorts
    Amare

Yes its an unconventional lineup, but Amare plays best when he is going up against a less athletic center. With this group of role players we can spread the floor and allow Baron and Amare to run the P n' R all day long while the rest of our guys line up on the outside for open threes.

Obviously the thorn in this plan is that Amare usually keeps his head down when he has the ball in his hands, but all of those players can drain the ball from outside

Yes I understand hardly do teams ever sub out their entire team, but I think if we are looking to switch it up once and a while this combination could do some damage and give all of our core guys Lin, Melo, Amare, Chandler some rest during this enduring season.
    Last edited by insanity4289; Feb 16, 2012 at 23:21.