Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: JR SMITH Officially a KNICK!Balkman cut

Alright maybe JR changed, him playing in China maybe changed his attitude and **** idk? But Melo changed, he got rid of his corn rows etc and started acting more professional, plus Melo will tell him the deal so I dont think JR will be a nut here

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

Is No-Defense SG-J.R. Smith a need on the Knicks roster???
    Yes!!!

We are one of the worst 3point shooting teams in the league, and that is essential to our offensive system. He definitely makes us a better team from downtown.

I can imagine our offense with Lin driving around a screen, having Novak and Smith ready to pop in the 3ball, and Tyson and Amare rolling to the hoop... that is just a nightmare to defend for ANY team in this league!!!

You can hate D'Antoni, you may be worried about Smith and his impact on team chemistry (like me)... but you have to be real and accept that this lineup will be thumping the MSG.

With the signing of JR for only the mini mid level, this should finally shut people up about the Melo trade. We can now look at it as trading Felton, Gallo, Moz and WC for Melo, TC (by way of Billups), Balkman and JR Smith.

Note: Billups career is probably over and Gallo will be out indefinitely with an injury.

Not such a bad trade now huh?

true.. now we are winning off the Denver-NY trade.... now lets see what happens with jr smith

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    With the signing of JR for only the mini mid level, this should finally shut people up about the Melo trade. We can now look at it as trading Felton, Gallo, Moz and WC for Melo, TC (by way of Billups), Balkman and JR Smith.

Note: Billups career is probably over and Gallo will be out indefinitely with an injury.

Not such a bad trade now huh?
    Not to mention Lin wouldn't be on the Knicks without the trade because Felton would have been a competent PG to start the season with.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Walker totally makes sense because Balkman and TD have deals beyond this season, and Bibby cant be cut until Baron Davis is playing. He wasnt gonna see many minutes once Melo is back. And now I understand why he was starting with Melo out (they were trying to showcase him to see if they can trade him for a pick)
    plus you absolutely have to split up SF minutes between melo fields and novak. billy walker should never take minutes away from those guys.

maybe we could ship him back to denver for wilson? then i think we'd be really set (pending injuries).

AT this moment, I can imagine the Knicks working the phones nostop to see if someone will give us a pick for Bill Walker and open up the roster spot for Smith.

If that doesnt happen, then he will hit the waivers before the day is done (just cant see the Knicks cutting Balkman with a year left on his deal).

Veteran

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Yes!!!

We are one of the worst 3point shooting teams in the league, and that is essential to our offensive system. He definitely makes us a better team from downtown.

I can imagine our offense with Lin driving around a screen, having Novak and Smith ready to pop in the 3ball, and Tyson and Amare rolling to the hoop... that is just a nightmare to defend for ANY team in this league!!!

You can hate D'Antoni, you may be worried about Smith and his impact on team chemistry (like me)... but you have to be real and accept that this lineup will be thumping the MSG.
    Yes! Addresses a clear weakness, and gives us more depth; the unheralded trickle down effect is letting Fields spell Melo more at the 3.

JR may act like a headcase, and be one (wasn't Spreewell? too many athletes get smacked by that label; some deserved, but some not, and they moreso need the right team and environment to thrive).

But if he is one, he will be benched and ostracized. You aren't going to have any juice on this team acting like a punk, when Amare, Melo, Chandler, Lin are already here.

Newsday's Ianazzone claims Knicks are trying to trade Balkmania for a pick. Not surprising looking at Renaldo's situation within the organization (no playing time + unwanted contract).

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Newsday's Ianazzone claims Knicks are trying to trade Balkmania for a pick. Not surprising looking at Renaldo's situation within the organization (no playing time + unwanted contract).
    No one is gonna do that... if he was expiring, maybe, but with one year left I doubt anyone bites (maybe Kiyaman thinks otehrwise).

Walker for a pick will be easier to do.

they tried to trade walker, TD, or balkman for a pick but douldn't get it done. they will cut balkman.

Welcome to the team JR. I think as a bench player JR is going to shine in NY. our bench was lacking in the scoring department. I think Fields still Starts and JR/Shump are great off the bench. Only issue is with getting Shump minutes, but honestly we saw what giving a rookie starter minutes did to landry last year, so i'm ok with shump being cut back a few minutes (15 would be good?).

Not concerned with giving Novak minutes at all, don't know what people see in him that need developing? He's already got a good 3 pt stroke, he's not going to ever be an adequate defender or slasher so why waste the minutes on him. He will be useful for those times when we need a 3 bad and thats about it.

Otherwise giving our backcourt more depth is great. This meas we are maybe able to cut Lin's minutes down some more, keeping him fresh for the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how Melo and JR fit into the team going forward. I think that it will be an amazing time to be a knicks fan, even more so then it already is.

Last year, the Knicks were back. This year they're STACKED.

Will jr smith already play tonight???

Originally Posted by c0leworld
    Will jr smith already play tonight???
    No... Berman said he would be at the Garden tonight but will play his first game as a Knick on Sunday

Veteran

Walker has had some good games for us and Balkman has done squat, on a performance basis you have to keep Walker. The Knicks don't need the money, if signing JR, cutting Balkman and keeping Billy doesn't trigger luxury tax then cut Balkman. Anyone know cap and tax implications if we keep Walker?