What Carmelo has to do to fit in, and become a top 10 player and a leader.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Are you seriously using the picture in this link to make a point??? LOL :teeth:

All someone did was draw some arrows where everyone moved to! Mind you, this was after we've all seen what happens, so you could do this with anything! Fields did what many smart players do and cut to the basket when his man wasn't paying attention. Lin being the good PG that he is sees this and throws a pass up towards the basket.

I'm not sure what you're point is. Was that play really that difficult to you? Field's read the defense and cut to the basket, got a good lob pass for the score.

you are a moron if you think the screens and motion of fields and lin are coincidental. if this happens by accident wtf is the point of a coach? we'll get on mda for not running set plays, regardless of pg situation, then when we do its all because of fields. gtfo and get the stick out of your ass man.

smokes

Huge Member
Let's get this straight also. Lin has not transformed us into omething where Melo has to find his place- he just plays the game the correct way nullifying D'Antoni's influence.

God it's painful that you and others have to bash D'Antoni in every post you make somehow... Even when it's totally inaccurate and unfounded.

I've been a stern MDA critic for going on 2 years but try to have a somewhat balanced and fair opinion or your posts are just not credible.

You used to be such a good poster now your credibility is diminishing constantly with all the MDA hatred and the fact you don't bother to read things properly you just infer things and start ranting.

It's boring :td:

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
God it's painful that you and others have to bash D'Antoni in every post you make somehow... Even when it's totally inaccurate and unfounded.

I've been a stern MDA critic for going on 2 years but try to have a somewhat balanced and fair opinion or your posts are just not credible.

You used to be such a good poster now your credibility is diminishing constantly with all the MDA hatred and the fact you don't bother to read things properly you just infer things and start ranting.

its amusing how far they will go and how dumb they'll make themselves look to shit on dantoni. then when you refute their bullshit assumptions with anything rational, logical, or factual they'll just pretend they didnt get embarrased and post the same shit in another thread. we really need to have a sticky with refuted anti-mda bullshit that cant be brought up, imagine all the people thinking about registering that see shit like that, or people arguing over the internet about whos tougher, and think were all dumbass desperate tools.

Paul1355

All Star
Crazy⑧s;208086 said:
Carmelo Anthony: ?I know I?m not a selfish player. People around me know I?m not a selfish player,? Anthony said. ?I do everything I can to make people around me understand I?m not a selfish player.?

227985-free-throws-with-carmelo.jpg

Anthony called the idea that he?s a selfish player a ?slap in the face.?

There are some statistics to back the static that goes against Anthony.

Missed shots: (worst to best ranking) (top 10 NBA scorers only)
1. Kobe Bryant 227 missed shots (#1 in PPG)
2. Carmelo Anthony 190 missed shots (#4 in PPG)
3. Kevin Love 172 missed shots (#5 in PPG)
4. Monta Ellis 167 missed shots (#7 in PPG)
5. LaMarcus Aldridge 155 missed shots (#6 in PPG)
6. Russell Westbrook 154 missed shots (#10 in PPG)
7. Kevin Durant 152 missed shots (#3 in PPG)
8. Derrick Rose 119 missed shots (#9 in PPG)
9. LeBron James 116 missed shots (#2 in PPG)
10. Blake Griffin 108 missed shots (#8 in PPG)
http://blitzsportsnetwork.com/2012/01/carmelo-anthony-destroys-team-chemistry-he-is-a-big-reason-the-knicks-suck/

Both a rested Carmelo and the addition of Jeremy Lin, I believe, will bring those numbers up, however.

We all know that Melo will get better looks with Jeremy Lin playing on this team. That's a given. But that's not what this thread is about. This thread's about what Melo needs to do personally to improve his game at both ends of the floor. If he can do these things, or any others that you consider necessary that I have missed, we will be that much closer to a contender. We haven't been as close as we are now in a long time, and Anthony MUST be the catalyst.

carmelo-knicks.jpg

Carmelo Anthony Is Underachieving​

When speaking specifically about what Melo needs to do to make this team better, here are some things that I believe are fueling the opinion that he can't coexist with The Jeremy Lin Knicks Team.

Offensively: Melo has to want to be the player necessary to fit the remolded Knicks: play in sync, MOVE in sync especially - he's a massive underachiever off the ball, is very lazy and tends to wait for his turn to shoot or create.

He has said that he's insulted by talk of him not being able to coexist with Lin because he's selfish or has been touted as being selfish. I don't think he's been overly selfish [on the court that is] but he's never been a good passer off the dribble bar the P&R which gives the impression that he's selfish. He's either looking to pass or looking to shoot, he has to learn to create on the move to better his game and that of others. Whether or not that concerns him seems to be the issue, IMO. As I stated in the opening paragraph, this is not about whether he can, it's about whether he's willing. I think he is, or he will be, and the talk of him not blending in will be what defines his potential turnaround.

dal_120214_nycmelolin.jpg

Defensively: Defense is what has been the crux of Anthony not ever being a top 10 player. Period. He's been called top 5 and so on, but that's not the case. Not one bit.

You look at every top 10 player in the league, and Melo doesn't compare to any of them defensively.

He's shown flashes of excellent defense here in NY, but he tends to only reveal it when he deems it necessary: against the likes of LeBron James.

A consistent, dedicated and exemplifying captain's defense is the absolute least we should expect from Melo after the trade. There are no excuses. STAT, too.

He's a good rebounder, which has helped blanket his defensive shortcomings, but his man to man defense is suspect to say the least, and with a consistent effort Anthony will help the team get points off bad shots, turnovers and 24 second violations. The one thing that has really pissed me off this year with Carmelo, is that he has to defend regardless of whether or not he's upset about a non-call on the previous offensive possession. That has happened far too often, and is a deterrent and a distraction.

If this cat has the gaul to talk championships, he needs the ball sac to want to stop opponents by himself, and as a member of the team.

He's not getting any younger, and the time for him to refurbish his skill set and take both himself and this team to greater heights has to start now! This is Carmelo's time, and Carmelo's team.​

THE END.
if it doesnt work out then Melo still isn't going anywhere...Mike D is gone

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think from here on out if he stays healthy Melo should be average from here on out the next 35 games I think we have left

26points, 9rebounds, 5assists while shooting 48%-42%-85% in about 33minutes of action(ideally thats what we need)

He should finish the season strong and finish with total averages of 25pts, 7rebs and 4ast with 46%-38%-83%

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
So I was browsing for videos on JR Smith today and I stumbled upon this video. As I watched, I noticed that Melo was playing very differently from what I am used to from him. In my opinion, this is the type of play that Melo should work on and thrive to be on this Knicks team.

To give a summary (you can skip to about @1:00), on OFFENSE:

*He was decisive with the ball, making sure he made decisions swiftly. I know its just a small sample but in this video I think he made an effort to not hold the ball for mare than 5 seconds.

*Melo was also moving in the offense, making sure that he was on the right spots to make a spot up jumper.

On DEFENSE:

*Played defense aggresively and made sure that he was communicating with his teammates for timely switching.

Again, I know its just a microcosm of the whole game, but it shows how Carmelo Anthony's talents can be maximized within a half-court offense.

EDIT: The video embedding didn't work. Here's the direct link to the vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcUHDFJ20yA&feature=related

Red

TYPE-A

Dear Smokes,

Why did we shoot 40+ threes?

Love,
Red

Red

TYPE-A
Crazy⑧s;208172 said:
Bro hug accepted! :hug: :lol:

Fear of the unknown? I'm deliberating what I've seen from Melo, which has nothing to do with Lin. I don't get what you're not getting? Most of what I'm eluding to is focused on Melo as an individual and a leader.

I said outrightly that Melo will get his. No doubt Lin will benefit from the spacing Melo provides as a penetrating guard.

When I've said adapt, I've meant in terms of the winning style of play that's come with Lin throughout the entirety of the lineup. Melo's been a part of it for less than 40 minutes of PT. Admittedly, after reading my OP, I could have highlighted that better. But that still doesn't derive from the fact that you didn't read it in the first place.

I have complete faith that good times are ahead, but, as I've stated, it's Melo's approach that needs tweaking, IMO. Mentally, in terms of aggression and also defensive desire individually. I'm not trying to chisel out anything flawless. What would be the point of attempting the impossible? But I've seen the issues that I've highlighted, and am against them.

I don't really see why the mixup had to take place from the get-go? :shrug: If people don't really read OPs though, that's completely inevitable.

Shouldn't we worry about Amare "fiiting in" instead of Melo? I've seen Melo's passing skills, STAT looks like he has none.

STAT looks like a Buck Rogers robot out there. Is it the back, the front, the...

Is this what STAT has been reduced to?

buck-rogers-robot_thumb.jpg

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Are you seriously using the picture in this link to make a point??? LOL :teeth:

All someone did was draw some arrows where everyone moved to! Mind you, this was after we've all seen what happens, so you could do this with anything! Fields did what many smart players do and cut to the basket when his man wasn't paying attention. Lin being the good PG that he is sees this and throws a pass up towards the basket.

I'm not sure what you're point is. Was that play really that difficult to you? Field's read the defense and cut to the basket, got a good lob pass for the score.

You honestly can't see that is a drawn up play..

I should not be debating you sir, in any thread.

My goodness:shrug: