Thread: Lets get Raymond Felton back

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Default Lets get Raymond Felton back

Felton quote from last night: “Never in my days playing basketball, have I felt like a coach wasn't confident in my abilities. It's hard to play knowing that."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Felton will be traded ASAP after what happened last night, and I wouldnt be surprised to see him go to Phoenix for Nash

Salary wise, getting him to the Knicks doesn't seem possible unless a team with cap space jumps in and helps us out (not likely!!!)

but my point is that he would be the perfect backup to Lin, even better than Davis who I'm starting to doubt will give us decent minutes ever

He's mostly sucked since he left the Knicks, but Felton excels in our offense and I would be glad to see him come to us and get rid of Bibby, TD, Balkman and Walker in the process

Ok, now ya'll can hate on yours truly for posting a bull**** thread... but I had to get it out of me!!!

Well, even if he demands a trade this is not going to work due to our salary situation. It remains uncertain who are we going to cut to make room for Smith and even if it's Bibby and even if we trade Douglas, Balkman and Walker their contracts combined are worth much less than Felton's $7.5M.

I liked Raymond while with Knicks and I'd certainly welcome him with open arms, however talking about him is simply unrealistic. Well, maybe in the offseason making use of our MLE, but right now it's impossible to land him.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Well, even if he demands a trade this is not going to work due to our salary situation. It remains uncertain who are we going to cut to make room for Smith and even if it's Bibby and even if we trade Douglas, Balkman and Walker their contracts combined are worth much less than Felton's $7.5M.

I liked Raymond while with Knicks and I'd certainly welcome him with open arms, however talking about him is simply unrealistic. Well, maybe in the offseason making use of our MLE, but right now it's impossible to land him.
    I agree Feltons most likely never gonna be in NY again

i dont think he would exactly want to come back here after what we did to him, i mean he played his a$$ off for us ALLSTAR level. I know stat was the one who said the Knicks are back, but Ray chipped in to and we just traded him to Denver, if he came back id be shocked

Superstar

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    i dont think he would exactly want to come back here after what we did to him, i mean he played his a$$ off for us ALLSTAR level. I know stat was the one who said the Knicks are back, but Ray chipped in to and we just traded him to Denver, if he came back id be shocked
    I wouldn't come back here either, i know it was business, but wow they did him wrong.I though he was untradable the way he was playing, for use.

makes more sense than adding a headcase to a position were fine at. there has to be some way they could agree to a buyout and we could cut bibby and give felton what he was making. that is IF he really cares about ny, winning, etc.

So what are we talking about here. Benching Lin... Trading him or what. With BD coming off the bench I honestly think we're good at PG an Felton isnt backing anyone up. JR, Melo and Shump will also help run the offense as well.

I like our team and Lin has helped me move on from Felton.

With addition of JR there should be no more trade threads for the year.

Its not possible at all unless he wants to come here and be a back-up for veterans minimum. Lin is the future of the franchise, he's getting the mid level next year and as for now we have NOTHING to trade Portland at all. If we traded them Shump, Douglas, Baron, Landry, Balkman, and Bibby it still wouldnt be enough.

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Its not possible at all unless he wants to come here and be a back-up for veterans minimum. Lin is the future of the franchise, he's getting the mid level next year and as for now we have NOTHING to trade Portland at all. If we traded them Shump, Douglas, Baron, Landry, Balkman, and Bibby it still wouldnt be enough.
    On top of it not being enough this trade would hurt us more then help. That's our entire bench for 1 guy. If you thought you were mad about the Melo trade then that's nothing cause we'd be setting ourself for another first round sweep.

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    On top of it not being enough this trade would hurt us more then help. That's our entire bench for 1 guy. If you thought you were mad about the Melo trade then that's nothing cause we'd be setting ourself for another first round sweep.
    he was just demonstrating what it'd take to get it done salary-wise if we were desperate. nobody would ever suggest making that deal.

Felton wasn't playing great a few weeks before the Knicks traded him.

Baron Davis is much better than Felton if he plays, and costs a lot less. With Lin, we don't Felton, even as a back-up. We can sign guys to the vet. min. who could get the job done. I like him, but yeah.

Phoenix will NEVER trade Nash unless it's for a great pick or somebody better than Felton, which neither is likely because of his age.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Felton will be traded ASAP after what happened last night, and I wouldnt be surprised to see him go to Phoenix for Nash
    lol this is not going to happen. Phoenix can likely get much more for Nash, and Portland doesn't have any replacement for Felton if they trade him.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Felton quote from last night: “Never in my days playing basketball, have I felt like a coach wasn't confident in my abilities. It's hard to play knowing that."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Salary wise, getting him to the Knicks doesn't seem possible unless a team with cap space jumps in and helps us out (not likely!!!)

but my point is that he would be the perfect backup to Lin, even better than Davis who I'm starting to doubt will give us decent minutes ever

He's mostly sucked since he left the Knicks, but Felton excels in our offense and I would be glad to see him come to us and get rid of Bibby, TD, Balkman and Walker in the process

Ok, now ya'll can hate on yours truly for posting a bull**** thread... but I had to get it out of me!!!
    Lin>Felton

Davis>Felton

Felton had inflated stats in the system and I remember screaming at the tv because Felton was a scoring PG that had a hard time finding Amare. The pick and roll barely worked with them, it was used maybe once a game.

I don't want Felton back.

He went off tonight against the Hawks, totally dominated them.