GAME THREAD: The New York Knickerbockers vs The New Orleans Hornets

iSaYughh

Starter
Annoying loss.

But I like the way we fought at the very end, especially on the defensive end, and especially how good we looked coming out of time outs.

Big early hole, lots of early turnovers by Lin.....Stank ass ref calls at the end (really important ones, to)...whachu gonna do.

Novak and Fields missed wide open 3's at the end, the Hornets clanked a huge desperation tres.

And you can never overlook an NBA. Hornets played ppl fairly tough this season, too, despite L's.

Regroup for the Mavs, build on our positives -- get JR Smith going, get Melo healthy..and let's prime ourselves to take down MIA in bigtime momentum game.

It's the Time Warner curse! Lol

Nah but the difference in this game was really the points off turnovers that Lin committed. Hopefully he will learn from it.

yeah his turnovers were bad but our demise was lack of energy,lin needs to get back in attack mode he can get to the rim when ever he wants he is trying to set up others To much and this makes our offense stiff and predictable when he is not getting in the lane,also he gets hit all game and no fouls its a shame how he isnt getting easy fouls called for him,he has to get hit with a baseball bat in the lane to get a foul called.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
My fav part of the game was when shumpert was jacking up 3's with 22 seconds on the shot clock on three seperate occasions. I had to check my eyes for a second to make sure it wasnt TD.

Sage

Rotation player
Pretty annoying watching that game. All the turnovers in the first half killed us basically.

But considering how poorly the team played in stretches, they dug deep and kept it close. For the most part the defensive rotations were fine, a couple of lapses gave up easy points (plus stupid and 1s).

I think they'll learn a lot from this one, I'm not too disheartened.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
:barf: STAT

Dont blame Stat he had a good game and Lin had a decent game had clutch free throws torwards the end... It was just us not making free throws, ridicolous turnovers that ****ed us... And NOLA is so bad i cant believe we lost this was such a easy game to win

Number3

Benchwarmer
i rather them lose now... learn from it.. get mad, and come harder.. so we could be ready for over .500 teams.... its ok this lost happened for a reason... now lets move on

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
Dont blame Stat he had a good game and Lin had a decent game had clutch free throws torwards the end... It was just us not making free throws, ridicolous turnovers that ****ed us... And NOLA is so bad i cant believe we lost this was such a easy game to win
Its not about scoring, its about how many times did stat let his man get pass him and rebound. Semi/ no defense.
20mil for that kind of result is unacceptable.

iSaYughh

Starter

The Hornets actually played defensive 3 secs all game long. Packed the paint. No calls. These refs were brutal...

I don't bitch about refs much (only because it's so predictable), but it was legit brutal this game.

See how eager the refs were to call that shit on Fields after we defensively swamped NO again following an inbounds? :barf:

The two (no)calls alone on Lin at the end were just utter gifts to NO. When it was obvious we were outplaying them, gaining momentum, and making the type of defensive stops that could put them away.

No point dwelling, though. Lin has to cut down on TO's (it'll improve), we won't be janking wide open looks like we did tonight very often, and we are about to get our best player back on the court (not to mention another weapon in Smith) :gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
We lost this game beacuse

1. to much turnLIN the ball over

2. coming into this game with no energy

3. we gave them to much confidence from the start and the hornets got hot

4. shots were not falling for us

5. Balkman was not here to supply the weed before the game

and finally the hornets just wanted it more there coming off a 2 game win streak.

u left out....

We got a Jackasss as an Interim GM plus the worst headcoach in the NBA....
Dantoni was able to get rid of a personal hated player (Balkman), plus add a
22 minute JR Smith and a 34 minute Melo to next week 8-man rotation....
Poor-Poor Lin will have to build again...
:smokin::smokin::smokin:

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
yeah his turnovers were bad but our demise was lack of energy,lin needs to get back in attack mode he can get to the rim when ever he wants he is trying to set up others To much and this makes our offense stiff and predictable when he is not getting in the lane,also he gets hit all game and no fouls its a shame how he isnt getting easy fouls called for him,he has to get hit with a baseball bat in the lane to get a foul called.

Lin's second half performance was really good compared to his first... We just missed ****ing freethrows and had stupid turnovers, ala Shumpert just throwing it to Stat when he wasnt paying attention, Jeffries half court pass to no one... Its a ridicolous lost though we should of easily won i cant believe we lost to this scrubby ass team... Well learn from this though ... We get Melo and JR Smith on Sunday so prepare for another win streak coming up, im calling a win streak going into all-star break watch

knicksin60

Starter
Biggest mistake that the Knicks made was trading Trevor Ariza. Who would have predicted that he would become this good of a player?

Statistically, Stat had a great game but the little things the box score don't record he was horrible at. His switching and defensive awareness was pretty lame. That's normal though right?

STAT is what he is. Defensively he needs plenty of work, but he isnt the reason we lost this game. Fields, Shump. Walker and Novak couldnt hit the side of a barn tonight. That, and the turnovers cost us...

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Its not about scoring, its about how many times did stat let his man get pass him and rebound. Semi/ no defense.
20mil for that kind of result is unacceptable.

Yeah your right Stat blew defense so many times, I hope he watches the tape and realizes how bad of court vision he has... But not only that it was us missing free throws and our turnovers that hurt us... I cant wait for Melo and JR to come on Sunday because one Melo is my dude and idc what you guys say he can score and he will cut down Lin's TO's and JR is another scorer and is also good