Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks will be looking to make a trade

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Default Knicks will be looking to make a trade

Releasing Balkman instead of Walker convinces me that the Knicks will be aggressively looking to trade at the deadline, at least to get a pick or a decent role player, with Walker's expiring and one of our young guys (Shump or Fields) as bait.

Cutting balkman didnt come down to playing time or who we rather keep. The first guys management wouldve want to cut would be the players that are at the end of their deals (Bibby, Walker, Davis, Novak and Jeffries).

TD and Balkman were not expiring deals, and no way we would've let go of Davis, Novak or Jeffries.

First choice was between Walker and Bibby, but we cant cut Bibby unless Baron is back.

But, if we cut Walker, then we would be losing a valuable trade chip for the March 15th deadline. Balkman had absolutely no trade value until February 2013.

Believe me, for management to leave Balkman's money on the cap for next year instead of cutting Walker, it means they are not done dealing. Dont give me the excuse that Walker was playing good, bla bla bla... He is not worthy of more minutes than Jeffries or Novak when Melo comes back. He was gonna ride the pine big time!!!

These decisions are about money and bargaining power, and that saved Walker from being cut today.

I assume this guy is thinking the same way and let on with this hint in a tweet today:

Al Iannazzone: “@bleekOne00: are #Knicks done dealing? Or are other moves in progress” No team is done until trade deadline passes. They'll keep looking.

So, my guess is we are either looking for a good pick in the next draft, or some role player than can back up the frontline or Lin if Davis fails to come back strong. Walker will be gone by March 15th... take that to the bank.

I would put money on Knicks bringing in Ramon Sessions by March 15th, with Walker, TD and Davis shipped to Cleveland

For anyone who is still expecting Davis to be an effective player for us this season, I hear Wall Street is giving away free Apple stock this afternoon for anyone who shows up at the Stock Exchange.

Davis has already exceeded his 8week timetable and is still a couple of weeks away from seeing game time. Am I the only one who thinks something smells fishy?

Veteran

Probably right. If we can score a PG of Sessions caliber to backup Lin this season, we do it in a heart beat.

Idk if we have enough to pull it off, though?

I think we'll have to package a 2nd rounder.

If Sessions falls through, I think we just dump em and try to get a 2nd.

Going forward, having as many picks as possible will be key, as we try to find value out of the draft, 2nd rounders especially.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Probably right. If we can score a PG of Sessions caliber to backup Lin this season, we do it in a heart beat.

Idk if we have enough to pull it off, though?

I think we'll have to package a 2nd rounder.

If Sessions falls through, I think we just dump em and try to get a 2nd.

Going forward, having as many picks as possible will be key, as we try to find value out of the draft, 2nd rounders especially.
    We have a 2nd rounder this year thank god cause this draft is going to be deeeeep. Im looking at Fab Melo, Seth Curry, Moe Harkless, or LeBryan Nash

Originally Posted by portega1968
    I would put money on Knicks bringing in Ramon Sessions by March 15th, with Walker, TD and Davis shipped to Cleveland

For anyone who is still expecting Davis to be an effective player for us this season, I hear Wall Street is giving away free Apple stock this afternoon for anyone who shows up at the Stock Exchange.

Davis has already exceeded his 8week timetable and is still a couple of weeks away from seeing game time. Am I the only one who thinks something smells fishy?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Cleveland can take Baron Davis after using the amentesy clause. I might be wrong with the new CBA and stuff.

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Cleveland can take Baron Davis after using the amentesy clause. I might be wrong with the new CBA and stuff.
    I think that meant they couldnt pick him up in waivers... a trade is an entirely different scenario and he will be tradeable on March 1

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    We have a 2nd rounder this year thank god cause this draft is going to be deeeeep. Im looking at Fab Melo, Seth Curry, Moe Harkless, or LeBryan Nash
    two underrated prospects.

OK, I'll bite.
    First, why would Cleveland make this deal?
    Second, what IS the fishy smell?

Originally Posted by unloopme
    OK, I'll bite.
    First, why would Cleveland make this deal?
    Second, what IS the fishy smell?
    First, why would Cleveland trade Sessions in the first place:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Second, why would they do the deal with the Knicks? In TD they get a cheap young player who can score and also backup Irving, while clearing up salary. They would definitely want some picks in there also. If Davis is playing, that's someone they would gladly take back to mentor Irving.

Fishy smell? We are not being told the truth about Davis (his original timeline was 4 to 8 weeks, and that has passed and he is still not practicing:

Baron Davis (back) did not practice Monday.

The daily Davis questions have stopped now that Jeremy Lin has taken over. Even if Davis was surprisingly able to get to 100 percent and sustain health, he's an extreme longshot to take over for Lin. There's no target date for Baron right now. Feb 13 - 12:31 PM

Source: Alan Hahn on Twitter

Back problems can be tricky (remember Gallo's rookie season?). Right now we are being told he'll be back by the first week of March. What will we be told if that doesnt happen?

I don't think we'll trade Fields or Shumpert. Why would we do that? They're both playing really well and are still young. No chance we trade them.

Douglas on the other hand looks like a goner right now, but things can change in sports and he might get another chance at some point, especially if we can't trade him for anything decent. Sessions would be good, but it all depends on Baron Davis.
    Let's not write him off yet, playoffs start in late April, it's mid February right now...still time for him to come back.

If not, we have to go for a backup point guard, no doubt. But we won't trade Fields or Shumpert - they're both keepers.

There's no way Cleveland takes back BD and I doubt they trade Sessions for those pieces a lot of team would like Sessions especially the Lakers.

And I still don't see whats so fishy about Davis is latest set back actually had nothing to do with his back he has an elbow infection. I understand be weary of his condition I am too but if and when gets back that **** is gonna be crazy for NY having him as a back up.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    And I still don't see whats so fishy about Davis is latest set back actually had nothing to do with his back he has an elbow infection. I understand be weary of his condition I am too but if and when gets back that **** is gonna be crazy for NY having him as a back up.
    Davis said on Feb 7th that the elbow infection was behind him

He was at the team workout on Feb 11th... He did not practice Feb 13th

Best case scenario mentioned was after All Star Break but we're not hearing anything positive.

Just eager to see this story unfold in a positive way.. right now something just doesnt look right

Davis said on Feb 7th that the elbow infection was behind him

He was at the team workout on Feb 11th... He did not practice Feb 13th

Best case scenario mentioned was after All Star Break but we're not hearing anything positive.

Just eager to see this story unfold in a positive way.. right now something just doesnt look right
    I really don't know bro, but I'm sure Baron would love to go out and play for the Knicks right now.

Let's hope it's just bad luck with a few minor injuries. If we can get 15-18 minutes out of him each night that would be awesome and enough to keep Lin fresh and healthy.

I know why Cleveland wants to trade Sessions...but my point was why would they take TD, BD, and Walker as was suggested.

They're not going to give him away. It probably WOULD take Fields or Shump to be included to make it happen...which I'm not down with.

I don't really care if Baron is healthy or not. He's not costing us much and no team is going to trade for him when he's injured anyway.

You can see him out there having a positive influence on Lin, Douglas, Shumpert etc. Taking them aside and giving them advice. I'm surprised to say I think BD is actually a good lockerroom guy.