Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knicks will be looking to make a trade

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

@smokes and @unloopme

my point is that Knicks will be looking to make a trade by August 15th and we know they want Ramon Sessions

Whether we can make it happen is up for argument until it happens

The discussion I want to have is, based on the assumption that a trade will likely happen, what will it be (I believe it will be for a backup PG, with Sessions being the priority)

I also like what BD is doing on the bench, but we need him ready to backup Lin ASAP... I think all this factored in to management's decision to release Balkman instead of Walker

Idk man. It depends on baron right now. He is where the doctors said he would be with him getting on the court after the all star game. Trades have never worked for the knicks and young players cheap player are a premium in this new CBA era. JR smith is a rental in 90% of all scenarios.

The knicks are goid man right now we can go toe to toe with any team in the league when it comes to overall roster talent. If Baron can come back (which again you have to think the knicks think that since they didn't cut him) the knicks will have the right match up fir anybody and any team out there.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    @smokes and @unloopme

my point is that Knicks will be looking to make a trade by August 15th and we know they want Ramon Sessions

Whether we can make it happen is up for argument until it happens

The discussion I want to have is, based on the assumption that a trade will likely happen, what will it be (I believe it will be for a backup PG, with Sessions being the priority)

I also like what BD is doing on the bench, but we need him ready to backup Lin ASAP... I think all this factored in to management's decision to release Balkman instead of Walker
    For sure, I'd love Sessions (although there are a lot more PG's I'd prefer to him). I just can't see us trading Baron. Mainly because people very very rarely trade for injured players. Plus I'm not sure if it's even possible I do believe there is some rule about amnestied players not being able to be traded back to their former team for a certain amount of time.

Superstar

Everyone forget about ramon sessions

Any players we would have to give up to get him wouldn't be worth it and Dan Gilbert isn't going to do a big market team like us any favors and make us better.

He didn't even want to wave baron because he wanted to come and play for us.

Johnny Flynn is most likely the only ones I think we have a realistic chance of getting as far as decent backup PGs go.

Originally Posted by Forrest17

Any players we would have to give up to get him wouldn't be worth it and Dan Gilbert isn't going to do a big market team like us any favors and make us better.

Johnny Flynn is most likely the only ones I think we have a realistic chance of getting as far as decent backup PGs go.
    i think if anything gilbert would be more willing to help a team in position to beat the heat, but all we can do is speculate

Originally Posted by Forrest17

I dunno.

I've been toying with some ideas this morning (bear with me I've had 4 hours sleep).

The Lakers had some interest in JR Smith I believe. Some kind of package involving Smith for Steve Blake?

If we wanna talk trash for trash Goran Dragic for Douglas might be possible. At least Dragic can run the PNR.

Lastly and least likely because I don't think he liked it much here but I'd love to see Anthony Carter back in a Knicks jersey (and I have no idea why we let him go only to get Bibby instead).

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Default Greivis Vasquez

Might be better for the Knicks to keep Walker. Now acquiring Smith might make sense to trade. I personally don't like the acquisition of Smith, afraid he will be a big ego who hurts the Knicks. Fields better start.

Only trade I see work is Walker for Greivis Vasquez straight up. If the Hornets want throw in Bibby or TD. Knicks should and will keep Walker.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Vazquez and Dragic would be very nice pieces to have behind Lin... But havent heard them mentioned like Sessions, Carter and Flynn have

Default No harm in letting Baron Davis heal properly

I am glad that they are not rushing Baron Davis back.

He may never come back, but rushing him back a few weeks too early would not be useful or helpful. Should they get another backup PG? Of course they should. If Ramon Sessions is not available for a reasonable price, what about Jamal Tinsley (Utah) or Aaron Miles (D League)?

They mainly want Baron Davis back by the end of March so he is ready for the playoffs.

In the interim, they need a backup PG so they do not burn out Lin.

I also think that backup center is a glaring need. I think the number one option is to start playing Jerome Jordan more. This does not mean he is the answer (I happen to think that he might be). It means that you will not find out unless you play him some before the trade deadline, assess what he can do, assess what he needs to work on, and then see what might be out there, if the answers to the first two are not adequate. Flying blind (like they did with Lin) is not LEARNING FROM YOUR MISTAKES (classic dumb move).