Knicks will be looking to make a trade

smokes

Huge Member
Everyone forget about ramon sessions

Any players we would have to give up to get him wouldn't be worth it and Dan Gilbert isn't going to do a big market team like us any favors and make us better.

He didn't even want to wave baron because he wanted to come and play for us.

Johnny Flynn is most likely the only ones I think we have a realistic chance of getting as far as decent backup PGs go.

I dunno.

I've been toying with some ideas this morning (bear with me I've had 4 hours sleep).

The Lakers had some interest in JR Smith I believe. Some kind of package involving Smith for Steve Blake?

If we wanna talk trash for trash Goran Dragic for Douglas might be possible. At least Dragic can run the PNR.

Lastly and least likely because I don't think he liked it much here but I'd love to see Anthony Carter back in a Knicks jersey (and I have no idea why we let him go only to get Bibby instead).

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Greivis Vasquez

Might be better for the Knicks to keep Walker. Now acquiring Smith might make sense to trade. I personally don't like the acquisition of Smith, afraid he will be a big ego who hurts the Knicks. Fields better start.

Only trade I see work is Walker for Greivis Vasquez straight up. If the Hornets want throw in Bibby or TD. Knicks should and will keep Walker.

portega1968

El Cacique
Vazquez and Dragic would be very nice pieces to have behind Lin... But havent heard them mentioned like Sessions, Carter and Flynn have

nixon7

Benchwarmer
No harm in letting Baron Davis heal properly

I am glad that they are not rushing Baron Davis back.

He may never come back, but rushing him back a few weeks too early would not be useful or helpful. Should they get another backup PG? Of course they should. If Ramon Sessions is not available for a reasonable price, what about Jamal Tinsley (Utah) or Aaron Miles (D League)?

They mainly want Baron Davis back by the end of March so he is ready for the playoffs.

In the interim, they need a backup PG so they do not burn out Lin.

I also think that backup center is a glaring need. I think the number one option is to start playing Jerome Jordan more. This does not mean he is the answer (I happen to think that he might be). It means that you will not find out unless you play him some before the trade deadline, assess what he can do, assess what he needs to work on, and then see what might be out there, if the answers to the first two are not adequate. Flying blind (like they did with Lin) is not LEARNING FROM YOUR MISTAKES (classic dumb move).