Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We'll be fine...

Default We'll be fine...

a) Lin needs to really facilitate. I counted at least 5 assists he missed by not hitting his wing players by jacking up crazy layups or turning the ball over.

b) Except for STAT everyone missed wide open looks. I havent seen the shooting %s yet but I'm sure they're abysmal.

c) This is why we need Melo. With Melo LIN HAS TO PASS IT TO HIM WHEN HE"S OPEN

d) Albeit late MDA actually is starting to situation-ally coach.

e) Melo, BDiddy and JR may be considered bigtime players. They wont choke as much as our young guns. Fields, Shump and Lin...

This was a wakeup call. We'll beat Dallas to start a new streak...

One more thing. Lin has to cut down on his turnovers by trusting his teammates more...

Veteran

100%

I really hope people aren't dropping their pants after this loss and exposing panties.

I'm actually somewhat emboldened by the game. We didn't give up, and played some superb situational D in crunch times.

It was also the best I've ever seen D'antoni look as a coach coming out of timeouts. He/the players did a pretty phenominal job at the end, despite the result not tipping our way.

Also, I think it's safe to say Jeffries is a legit asset for us at this point. I like the DNA of this team. Championship caliber, IMO.

I don't wanna get on Fields back, but I'm more excited/comforted by our move of getting JR now, too.

Let's not forget we are still without our *best* player, too.

Regroup. Get ready for the Mavs, and get primed to take down MIA in a huge momentum game.

Yea, I actually liked some of the situational moves MDA made tonight.

I do wanna see STAT give more effort on the defensive end. I counted at least 3 times when he went straight matador and seemingly shouted "ĦOle!" while his man blew by to the rim.

His offense was serviceable, but he just doesn't seem to have that same explosiveness, making me nervous.

Just take it in stride and look forward to the Melo and J Auuuuurrrrrrraaaaahhhhh joining the team. Lin getting his turnovers under control by way of easier plays and passes with more weapons on the court should promote a few self corrections to issues.

Walker 1-5
    Fields 1-8
    Shump 3-9
    Novak 2-9

Totals 7-31

This is why we lost. This and the turnovers...

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Yea, I actually liked some of the situational moves MDA made tonight.

I do wanna see STAT give more effort on the defensive end. I counted at least 3 times when he went straight matador and seemingly shouted "ĦOle!" while his man blew by to the rim.

His offense was serviceable, but he just doesn't seem to have that same explosiveness, making me nervous.

Just take it in stride and look forward to the Melo and J Auuuuurrrrrrraaaaahhhhh joining the team. Lin getting his turnovers under control by way of easier plays and passes with more weapons on the court should promote a few self corrections to issues.

I was watching STAT and on defense it seems he doesnt have any type quick twitch movements. On offense he see's it and he's gone. BOOM. On defense either he doesnt see it, doesnt recognize it or doesnt care. Whatever it is he's always late to make a move if he makes a move at all...

Three-point shooting was HORRIBLE tonight!!!

Well, we got the "one" lost out of the way (even thought it was against a sucky team).

Now let's start another streak by beating the Mavericks this Sun!!!!

Even with Melo the Knicks would have lost this game.Can't depend on guys to hit their shots when you miss 10 ft's and turn the ball over to a crummy team.

Fields is ass... Glad we have Jr Smith

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Even with Melo the Knicks would have lost this game.Can't depend on guys to hit their shots when you miss 10 ft's and turn the ball over to a crummy team.

Knicks blow this team out with Melo. It wouldnt even be close. The wing was open all night long. Melo hits those in his sleep...

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Knicks blow this team out with Melo. It wouldnt even be close. The wing was open all night long. Melo hits those in his sleep...
    I am not sold yet on Melo being the savior. The Knicks had Melo and lost twice to the three win Bobcats.

Damn Lin had 9 TO's he's def gotta get that under control that unacceptable.

Melo playing tonight =less Lin turnover's = less TO's the whole game and more asissts the whole game for the team... Jeffries should teach Stat some defense honestly because Stats defensive awareness is pretty ****ing terrible

Cool Good Points.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    a) Lin needs to really facilitate. I counted at least 5 assists he missed by not hitting his wing players by jacking up crazy layups or turning the ball over.
    By crazy layups, I'm assuming you mean partially out of control, resulting in a forced, poor quality shot, followed by the self induced misstep flop.

That and his lackadaisical passing at times (along with STAT) need improvement and are leading to too many turnovers.

b) Except for STAT everyone missed wide open looks. I havent seen the shooting %s yet but I'm sure they're abysmal.

c) This is why we need Melo. With Melo LIN HAS TO PASS IT TO HIM WHEN HE"S OPEN

Yup, but we have another difficult dynamic to incorporate, three players; BD, JR, Melo with them.

d) Albeit late MDA actually is starting to situation-ally coach.

And I forgot about Harrellson.

e) Melo, BDiddy and JR may be considered bigtime players. They wont choke as much as our young guns. Fields, Shump and Lin...

Agreed, but Lin seems clutch. Fields is a defensive disappointment, as well as STAT- who looks stiff and limited.

This was a wakeup call. We'll beat Dallas to start a new streak...

But it won't be easy. Important loss though, helps ground them.

I am not sold yet on Melo being the savior. The Knicks had Melo and lost twice to the three win Bobcats.
    Melo doesnt need to save us, he just needs to do what he does. Hit his shots.

I was as upset as anyone losing to the Bobcats. That was then. IMHO this team is much better. They're concentrating on defense. They're passing the ball. Dont get me wrong this was a bad loss, but I think the team played worse than what they're capable of.

Those losses to the Cats, Cavs and those teams we were playing terrible basketball...