We'll be fine...

onex0is0

Benchwarmer
The good thing is, "turnovers" can be easily corrected with time and more experience.

Luckily, Lin already has high basketball IQ, good decision making, court vision, etc, etc.

I agree, we lost the Hornets game because of poor shootings from the other players not named Lin, STAT, Chandler.

Fields 1-8 FG (0-3 3pt)
Walker 1-5 FG (0-5 3pt)
Novak 2-9 FG (1-7 3pt)

17% 3-pt shooting versus their 58%. That's just bad.

Ariza, Vasquez, and Ayon were kickin' it.

Last edited:

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
It pisses me off how people are blasting Lin on Twitter now and shit saying he sucks , Linsanity is over, Knicks blow all this shit... He had a poor poor first half but his second half was tremendous, Lin will get better mark my words, once Melo and JR come back in his TO's will go down even more and we will be winning games at a time... This lost sucked but it was kind of needed because it shows that Lin is human and now there is not as much pressure on Lin and the team.

I call a win streak going into all-star break

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Relax guys, like the title of the thread says: We'll be alright!

It was a terrible game, agree, but it was one game. Things have gotten pretty out of hand during the winning streak, especially the hype surrounding Lin - I bet it started to suck the energy out of him and the other players aswell.

Maybe a needed loss for us, as strange as it may sound, but now everything's back to earth and we can focus on Dallas and start a new winning streak.

It won't happen too often that we shoot as badly as we did last night and our defensive is normally pretty good just wasn't last night.

Maybe just a lack of energy and focus.

Let's stay positive :thumbsup:

Exactly and this is defitnetly true, less pressure on Lin now and the team... Also the team will watch the tape and realize how bad they played and that it was not acceptable at all... I also hope that Stat watches the tape and sees how bad his defensive awareness is because he let so much shit slide....We are going to beat Dallas watch

Other than the lakers game we played a rather soft schedule. By the grace of God (as Jeremy would put it) his intensity and heart has been contagious. he even inspired coach to start actually coaching.

Altough Nola may be one of the weakest teams (statisically)...they played a solid game and never gave us a real chance...or the lead. I can handle losses like this because both teams played hard, good coaching on both sides. The Knicks needed this lost to calm down the linsanity, a lost in this fashion to such a team is humbling and educational....anyone can win if they bring the heart like we did for the last 7 games. Besides, everyone takes it up a notch when they play the Knicks...its always been that way.

Don't be surprise if we beat the Mavs. We just need to continue playing off our defense. Plus, whenever Melo returns can only make the Bockers better. The chemistry is coming along, I like the urgency and the fight i see in the players and coaches alike...bout damn time...

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
I also hope that Stat watches the tape and sees how bad his defensive awareness is because he let so much shit slide....We are going to beat Dallas watch

uh...no. Dallas is much better team than us even without Terry. Dirk will abuse Amare tomorrow. And even if Carmelo comes back Marion will stop him easily, I mean he stopped Lebron in Finals so he shouldn't have much problems tomorrow.

uh...no. Dallas is much better team than us even without Terry. Dirk will abuse Amare tomorrow. And even if Carmelo comes back Marion will stop him easily, I mean he stopped Lebron in Finals so he shouldn't have much problems tomorrow.

LOL. Just checked Melo's game log from last year. He had a 20, 27, 42 & 18 point games against them. Marion aint stopping shit.

Chandler will probably guard Dirk.

We'll win tomorrow. Tough game but we'll win...

KingofNy

Starter

LOL. Just checked Melo's game log from last year. He had a 20, 27, 42 & 18 point games against them. Marion aint stopping shit.

I wish I was as confident as you. I have a feeling we're going to go on a 2-game losing streak. I also think Melo won't play tomorrow. I doubt he'll come back against a strong team like Dallas just to have people blame him if we lose.

I honestly can't believe I'm saying this but I'd rather start Jeffries over Amare. He was LOST on defense last night and New Orleans was TARGETING him all night when he was in. His offensive baskets aren't worth his turnovers, travels, fumbles fouls and overall goofyness. I swear I was so mad at him yesterday I started calling him GOOF TROOP! The dude looks goofy out there on D and is ALWAYS out of position resulting in easy baskets for our opponents. That's not even including the many times he received a nice pass from Lin only to fumble the ball and give Lin another turnover.

Don't take this wrong, I like Stat... But the dude seriously needs to focus on learning our D and Mike D needs to preach for him to play D with his feet, not with his hands. I counted about 6 charges he could've drawn and he just gets out of the way. Point blank, he's a puss on D and if he's not hitting his corner key jumper, dude is worthless now.

Hopefully he gets his head out of his @ss and gets his speed back and starts to look like an NBA defender because right now D-leaguers would blow right by him. I know I'm ranting but dude's been pissing me off, win or loss....Especially in losses.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer

Melo from last season does not equal Melo from this season.

He's shooting 40% and looks out of shape so far. No explosiveness from previous years.

Injuries aren't helping either.

Amare is dealing with wear and tear issues, and the death of his big Bro is most likly still on his mind. I'm sure he has emotional energy coming in from everywhere ...
I'm always suprised when guys come back so soon from losing close people in their lives, but I'm not surprised to see their game lacking because of this.

Melo is going to thrive when he comes back. People forget that he's a great passer too. I'm not worried about Stat nor Melo if the team continues to play like they are now. The super-stars will align themselves in due time.

Our Defense is what's going to be the difference, and right now... I see every last one of the Knicks getting better in that department.

wynton

Rookie
I joined this forum just to make the following observation (though I'm sure I'll be sticking around for a while):

I think that the media has been focusing entirely on the wrong concerns with regard to Melo and JR Smith joining the team. They keep asking whether those guys will dominate the ball, and stop the ball movement. I think that is a much smaller concern than whether they will step up on the defensive side.

During the winning streak, the defense was exceptional, albeit against weak competition. But a number of our stronger defensive players are now going to be getting fewer minutes.

My guess is that Melo actually will step up on defense; I think he's shown the ability to do it in flashes, and with less of an offensive burden, may have the energy to sustain it for longer periods. I have no idea whether we can say the same about JR Smith. And I'm afraid that Amare just doesn't have the instincts to play great defense.

Finally, it will be interesting to see how the rotation gets worked out. Hard to see how Shump and Fields can both get decent minutes, if Baron is healthy and JR plays regularly. I hope that Harrleson managed to crack the rotation when he returns too.

Red

TYPE-A
DID I CALL IT OR WHAT?!?

This is a very good Knick team.

RECOGNIZE!!!

Black_kid_dancing-1.gif