Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: No carmelo sunday / Baron Returning soon

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Those are big if's... and how does Melo's injury status improve 30% in 20 hours? Just asking? imo If we were playing NJ tomorrow, he'd be back tomorrow.
    It's the fact that he can kinda use the Nets game as a practice game sort of before the big Miami match up...but either way I would liked to have seen him play against Dallas.

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    No, I don't. That's why I was asking if his decision not to play was blessed by team doctor.

Overall, basketball players today are soft. There are no more Willis Reeds. If they jam their fingers these days, they will sit out for two weeks.
    I disagree. Melo actually played through a wrist and ankle injury for about a week before ultimately deciding to rest until he is fully healthy. I don't know if you've ever played through an ankle sprain, yet alone even walk on one, but that was pretty tough for Melo to play with that type of injury.

And throughout the league, I can recall some players who played through pretty nasty injuries. Rajon Rondo dislocated his elbow in the playoffs and played the rest of the series anyway, WITHOUT painkillers. Kobe, also, playing with a bad knee, jammed finger(s), sprained wrist which ballooned every after game.

So no, players these days are not soft at all.