No carmelo sunday / Baron Returning soon

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
you think one day makes a big difference?

He is going to play a day later then it was most likely up to Melo. Groin injuries are tough, we all get that, but the team needs you in a big game and your still sitting on the bench in street clothes but playing a day later against a bad team.

I really think he just wants to have an easy game.

No, I don't. That's why I was asking if his decision not to play was blessed by team doctor.

Overall, basketball players today are soft. There are no more Willis Reeds. If they jam their fingers these days, they will sit out for two weeks.

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Is anyone pissed off at Melo right now? He can't come back Sunday vs. Dallas when we need him? He can't even shoot around at a Saturday shootaround or play in tomorrow's game against Dallas but he can play the very next night vs. a crappy NJ team? I call bullsh*t!

Melo is sitting out because he doesn't want to be blamed for a loss against Dallas. He did the same sh*t earlier in the year. Total BS. Melo should be playing and he's soft for not coming back. You can't tell me Melo is too hurt to play on Sunday but he's ready to play 35 minutes on Monday, less than 20 hours later. That's a bitch move Melo!

No because health is the most important thing right now. He is not worried about getting blamed for a loss to Dallas especially since the team lost to the Hornets at home without him on friday. If he was soft he would have suited up against the crappy Hornets. Clearly there is still discomfort. I am sure if this was the playoff he would play but this game is not the end of the world if they lose. Also D'Antoni never said it was a guarantee that he would play he said it is more likely he would be available to play. No one said he would play 35 minutes even if he did play against the Nets, you are just mad and making stuff up. It would be almost 27 hours between games which could make a bigger difference. I would rather him miss regular season games than playoff games because he tried to gut out a game against a team they most likely won't see in the playoffs anyway.

CA7

Scoring Champ
just saying that his injuries are making him a softy. I hope he can stay healthy come playoff time.

if you hope he's healthy during playoff time then dont bitch about him sitting out until he's 100% healthy

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Those are big if's... and how does Melo's injury status improve 30% in 20 hours? Just asking? imo If we were playing NJ tomorrow, he'd be back tomorrow.

It's the fact that he can kinda use the Nets game as a practice game sort of before the big Miami match up...but either way I would liked to have seen him play against Dallas.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
No, I don't. That's why I was asking if his decision not to play was blessed by team doctor.

Overall, basketball players today are soft. There are no more Willis Reeds. If they jam their fingers these days, they will sit out for two weeks.

I disagree. Melo actually played through a wrist and ankle injury for about a week before ultimately deciding to rest until he is fully healthy. I don't know if you've ever played through an ankle sprain, yet alone even walk on one, but that was pretty tough for Melo to play with that type of injury.

And throughout the league, I can recall some players who played through pretty nasty injuries. Rajon Rondo dislocated his elbow in the playoffs and played the rest of the series anyway, WITHOUT painkillers. Kobe, also, playing with a bad knee, jammed finger(s), sprained wrist which ballooned every after game.

So no, players these days are not soft at all.